Feb 01 2013
By: SilverFoxLegacy Lombax Warrior 198 posts

Three Wise Men

3 replies 131 views Edited Feb 1, 2013

So I just read David Jaffe's (I think that's his name) cut plot for GoW3 which, as some of you might already know, is basically this: Kratos kills Zeus right away, portal opens up and all the other gods from other mythos come out along with different Kratos, Kratos kills all gods, becomes king, the other three Kratos are the three wise men who go to start the new religions. 

I've said this before, I do not like the idea of other mythos and stuff but the three wise men is interesting and here's why (and again sorry if everyone noticed this already):

I think it was in God of War 1 near the end of pandoras temple there were three walls depicting the past present and future.

1st (I think) was showing a Great War being fought: gods vs titans

2nd was a lone warrior who was looking out on the chaos he brought or something: which is the end of god of war 3

3rd was three wise men going towards a star. And it could just be referring to history in general and not in-game history but if they hold true to that, that means that god of war 4 could end with the three wise men. 

Just something to think about. Thanks for reading!!
Message 1 of 4 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Re: Three Wise Men

Feb 1, 2013
I remember that wall and the portrait on the ground I think of a Warrior(Kratos) fighting Zeus, was cool how that game predicted the future like that.
Message 2 of 4 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Feb 1, 2013

It seems to be a little wink to the 3 great religions (Christianity, Judaism & Islam)

Message 3 of 4 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5812 posts

Feb 1, 2013
Silver: I don't think that's quite what Jaffe had planned. He and Barlog colloborated with the GoWII murals, but Barlog had the 'Death' angle as his own plan (along with Spear of Destiny and BoO being meant to be called "Excalibur").

>three wise men
They wouldn't dare. This said, that angle died off with the two men noted.

>three religions
It doesn't hint at three. It refers to one becoming two (not going far enough to become the third). Christianity (Spear of Destiny). Monotheism with the Abrahamic God, Jesus, etc. Were it without Jesus, it could be consider just Judaism.

Were it to go beyond to Mohammad, then you could say it was about all three (but then Jesus would be in a diminished role as having him as a Messiah wouldn't be in keeping with their teachings *just another prophet*).

Jaffe wanted multiple polytheistic religions brought down by Kratos only to usher in monotheism (though some imply no gods were wanted). Barlog wanted Kratos to take Thanatos' role. Both hinted at the birth of Jesus and all that jazz. Stig didn't take it in that direction.
Message 4 of 4 (86 Views)
0 Likes