Splicer
43 posts

Re: Trial of Archimedes on Titan

Mar 28, 2013

ynr_ozturk wrote:

I am aware of that. I am also aware that we are replacing quality with quantity. More players, less quality. Video games are now turning into flavor of the month just like music, when it once meant something to sit down with a game for more than a few weeks trying to master it, rather than how it is now - playing it for a few days and tossing it. Just like music - download an mp3, listen to it 5 or 6 times, then delete it. As opposed to buying a CD, listening to the music while looking at the booklet and lyric sheet. 

You tend to favor brainless capitalism and consumerism - I simply do not. When I pay for something, I want my money's worth.

well said.

Message 31 of 38 (287 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013

I agree with violet. Dont think i used the L1 combos at all my second playthrough. On another note, why the heck do we have a mature filter on these forums? GOW is clearly a mature game.

Message 32 of 38 (272 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 29, 2013

yes. the patch only applied to the easy and normal difficulties. I actually just beat the whole game on titan mode the other night. After playing the whole game on titan some of the parts were deff harder and took me more time than the trials lol. i beat the trials on titan in like 15 min Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 38 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Mar 29, 2013

I will say if anyone is having trouble with ToA hit me up.

Yesterday I beat ToA chapter 3 times on Titan. 1 time on hard mode and I didn't even use any magic in hard mode.

I don't think I will ever lose to it on hard mode again

It has become very simple with my strategy. 

Now does this make me any better than someone who may have trouble with the chapter? NO!

I was there! I was really having problems, and because of it  I found a easy way to beat the chapter! 

I need to make a video so EVERYONE Can beat it! patch or no patch! EVERYONE will be able to beat it!

and this will really **bleep** off the chest thumpers!! saying oh I used this or I did that! Who Cares?! Really who cares 

Have a Great Day! 

I play for Fun, Life is too Short
Message 34 of 38 (141 Views)
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Mar 29, 2013
@MrSirQuacker

No the patch applies to ALL difficulties.

"In the 1.03 update, at the end of each elevator stage (three total), players will now receive a measured amount of green health orbs and a nominal amount of blue magic orbs. This change affects all difficulty levels. We are confident this revision will address feedback regarding “Trial of Archimedes” while still preserving the level of challenge appropriate for this late section of the game."

source:http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/26/god-of-war-ascension-update-1-03-deploys-today/?utm_source...
Message 35 of 38 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
461 posts

Mar 29, 2013

So the patch only adds some health?

*checking*

Yea you get like 25% health back.

There is 1 thing that they changed at least this is how I feel. Before the patch you could reflect gorgon's attack making a white halo over her head  to grapple and use her to change others to stones.

Now you can't. You can reflect her attack but you won't be able to grapple

photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Message 36 of 38 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Patch or no patch, it is IRRELEVANT! 

Check out my strategy for ToA,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhPeMaoaVoc

Sorry for the crappy quality and very little sound. I was going to do commentary over it but you can see, I found the weakness in the gorgons. 

If you stay away from the gorgons they won't attack!! Use the Orkos Stone/ Dark Kratos for Easy kills!!

the only hard thing is the sirens and you can pound them with magic and try and ring them out,  (if you are on titan mode) otherwise you can just perimeter run and use Orkos stone for any other level. 

So check it out, study how I run the perimeter in the first stage,

How I only block and use the Orkos stone in the 2nd and 3rd.

So anyone complaining about how the patch weakened the experience, pfstt!!

Doesn't matter either way this strategy should get anyone through ToA patch or no patch after a few tries. 

I did this for the chest thumpers! so they have nothing to boast about! Now everyone can beat it! so there! 

Have a great Day!

I play for Fun, Life is too Short
Message 37 of 38 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013

THUNDERxCRUSH wrote:

Patch or no patch, it is IRRELEVANT! 

Check out my strategy for ToA,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhPeMaoaVoc

Sorry for the crappy quality and very little sound. I was going to do commentary over it but you can see, I found the weakness in the gorgons. 

If you stay away from the gorgons they won't attack!! Use the Orkos Stone/ Dark Kratos for Easy kills!!

the only hard thing is the sirens and you can pound them with magic and try and ring them out,  (if you are on titan mode) otherwise you can just perimeter run and use Orkos stone for any other level. 

So check it out, study how I run the perimeter in the first stage,

How I only block and use the Orkos stone in the 2nd and 3rd.

So anyone complaining about how the patch weakened the experience, pfstt!!

Doesn't matter either way this strategy should get anyone through ToA patch or no patch after a few tries. 

I did this for the chest thumpers! so they have nothing to boast about! Now everyone can beat it! so there! 

Have a great Day!

Great vid and sharing the knowledge but titan is the mode I hope that everyone plays to challenge themselves. Not find a cheesy way or flaw to easily beat it. Your video is great knowlegde for those trying to just beat it to see the end of the game or even in it to just grab the trophy, but whats the point of beating it on titan if you want to take this approach? Might as well just beat it on hard, grab your trophies and toss your game on the shelf. You're just cheating yourself out of the experience by going to titan and using the flaws in the game structure . The gorgons not attacking is just showing how bad this game was put together and this falls back to what ynr was saying. People are getting ripped off.  Challenge yourself. use no magic or upgrades,no blocking without playing stay away and hugging the corner, how fast can you do it is what i thought titan mode was for. You are just showing gamers how to be lazy and used the most flawed way to beat the most challenging part of the game.

Message 38 of 38 (103 Views)