Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 19 2013
By: Rocket_Power Hekseville Citizen 354 posts

Trial of Archimedes...

20 replies 336 views Edited Mar 19, 2013

Okay so I hate to be "that guy," but I don't see the difficulty in this challenge at all.  I played through on normal and then hard and I didn't die once during the segment; took about 15 minutes each time.  And now they're supposedly making a patch to make it easier?  I'm no GoW expert, and I HATE when I go looking for help on a game and all I see is people posting "dude what's wrong with you, that part was simple you must just suck," but I just don't understand what all the fuss is about.  Did anyone else find this part surprisingly easy?

On the topic of difficulty, I didn't find much challenge in this entire GoW at all.  I'm not trying to brag, it's just strange since I've been more on the "bad player" side when it comes to past GoW games.  It's not that the puzzles, platforming, and fighting were too easy (well, some were), they just worked really well and smoothly for me.

Message 1 of 21 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Re: Trial of Archimedes...

Mar 19, 2013

I too found it surprisingly easy. I had heard so much about how difficult it was, but I didn't know what the trial actually looked like. I completed it without knowing until I looked at the trophy I acquired afterwards. I died like twice at the very start because I fumbled and got stoned, and another when I got cornered.

But yeah, I didn't see anything remotely difficult about it. It required you to be alert, but that's about it. It's nothing compared to the Loom Chamber fight in GoW II.

Message 2 of 21 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
354 posts

Mar 19, 2013
Haha totally, I heard so much about it from reviews that I had this dreadful anticipation from the start of the game. Even after beating the last boss I kept expecting the "actual" challenge to pop up. Yeah I ran into far more infuriating parts in GoW I and II.
Message 3 of 21 (320 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 19, 2013

this Trial of Archimedes is a **bleep** Design by the TODD PAPPY. In this Area No Health Chest / No Magic Chest and Even No Auto Save. This is gonna be ****.

Todd Papy **** and ****

Message 4 of 21 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1446 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2013

All they need to do is checkpoint the begginning. i died a few times and got tired of using L1 , circle to rid the magic to drop you down to the first level lol. but i really dont care if they patch it and the hardcore gow fans or people that found this easy shouldnt either. My wife plays gow and isnt the best player , so  maybe instead of changing all three difficulties , they should patch up easy and add some health chest, ect. but Normal and Hard and so on needs to stay as it is.

Message 5 of 21 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Mar 19, 2013
I'm about to finish my hard mode run, but I just did the Trial of Archimedes in one shot. The Oath Stone and Amulet of Uroborus are great for giving yourself some room to breathe.
Message 6 of 21 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Same, I beat it on 1 time on Normal and Hard and it was easy, I'm sure real GoW veterans took this easy, just Speed Roll and Amulet and be focused.

Message 7 of 21 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Mar 19, 2013
I believe they said the patch will only affect Normal. H and VH will stay the same.
Message 8 of 21 (244 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Mar 19, 2013
I must be crap at it the game then, because I can't beat the freakin thing. I can understand some people being good at games and some not so good. The best games, in my opinion, are the ones that can scale difficulty to the player and not force the player to a point where they loose interest.

Obviously a lot of players are experiencing difficulty at this point in the game, a patch wouldn't be in the pipeline if there wasn't a recognisable problem for a lot of players. If you've breezed through it good for you, you must be an exceptional player who has mastered the gameplay. It's a game stopper for me until the patch though.
Message 9 of 21 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
409 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2013

In all honesty, not just applying to this area but the game in general, would it had fcuking killed them to leave the god **bleep** parry system alone!? The Trials are definitely not the hardest thing to be put in a God of War game, but I got through all the other games utilizing a good parry, but this one is SO slow to activate it doesn't even make sense to use, and therefore makes combat that much more harder. Why "fix" something that isn't broken? Cause they wanted to match the multiplayer? Fcuk that. An excellent single player is what got you here, SSM. Quit messing with your bread and butter. Fcuking A.

//end rant

Message 10 of 21 (231 Views)