Highlighted
Mar 17 2013
By: lovehatesmisery Monster Hunter 34 posts

Trials of Archimedes useful tips for success!

[ Edited ]
58 replies 24322 views Edited Mar 20, 2013

Here's some useful tips for the Trials of Archimedes that I figured out after 3-streak death in my normal playthrough. Helps on HARD mode too.

What you at least need to make things easier:

1) Maxed Blades of Chaos.
2) Maxed fire element. (my preferred)
3) Maxed Oath stone of Orkos.
4) Maxed Amulet of Uroborus.

5)Blocking & rolling out of the way is your bestfriend!

6) Attack sparringly, take your time. E.g. 'slash, slash, block. Slash, slash. block.' Only combo when there's an opening.

7) DON'T RUSH. Take your time.

WAVE 1 (Most difficult)
1. During the 1st wave, Quickly roll to the right side of the wall after pulling the lever, near the fire. The two gorgon will spawn in the fire, damaging them.
2. Use the amulet to slow them, and use Orkos stone. Slash away until effect wears off, then use magic (fire element the best) only ONCE. Avoid gorgon's stone-gaze at all cost.
3. Make sure to kill the first two Gorgons at THE SAME TIME.
4. Next spawn of gorgon & sirens, just block or roll and attack when possible, and always use the stone and amulet when possible. Try not to use magic so much.
5. Always grapple-kill the enemy as they wield blue magic orbs.

WAVE 2
1. Block and only attack when there is an opening; and always use the stone and amulet when possible. If you've got magic left, use it only ONCE. Waste not.
2. Make sure to grapple-kill the Amazonian women! They'll give green health orbs.
3. For the Harpies, just use grapple and throw them out the ring using direction stick.
4. For the stone-golem just use the amulet to slow, and attack. It's also easy to jump pass him when need to. Don't use magic at all.

WAVE 3 (Easiest)
1. Just block, roll and attack. Very easy to build up rage meter from the fight with the Centaur.
2. Once the rage meter is filled, spam "square, square, triangle" with the fire element blade to plant "bombs" that will knock the enemies back. 
3. Just block, as all attacks from Wraiths and the Centaur are blockable.
4. Use remaining magic whenever you like.

I finished with more than 70% health and full magic with this method on HARD mode. Personally, I don't think it needs a patch. I'm not even a hardcore GOW player, but casual. lol.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 59 (24,322 Views)
Sackboy
501 posts

Re: Trials of Archimedes useful tips for success!

Mar 17, 2013
It's all about getting past that first wave with a decent amount of health I think (although i havent attempted on hard yet) If you can't do that the rest is cake. Just block your life away in te second way and use magic. Third way is easy. Use the stone to slow the Minotaur an combo the crap outta him and the mini games yields a lot of health. The blades things are pretty easy too because they don't block. Just air combo them (jump and hold triangle)
Message 2 of 59 (24,309 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Also forgot to mention that, it's easy as hell to build up the rage meter during the centaur fight.

After that, just keep spamming "Square, square, triangle" on the wraiths and it will constantly knock them back. And yes, the first wave is the hardest of them all.
Message 3 of 59 (24,305 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Mar 17, 2013
I succeeded it on my fourth try, on Normal.

On the first and second wave, the amulet can be used to push some enemies off the platform.
Message 4 of 59 (24,265 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 17, 2013

How can you talk about the game like that......Its a centaur. not a minotaur. and they are called wraiths! not blade things you idiot

Message 5 of 59 (24,237 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1625 posts

Mar 17, 2013

lmao @ jiggle. that was a nice little laugh you gave me

www.soundcloud.com/jahge
Message 6 of 59 (24,232 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Check out this guys video he beats it on hard. The guy is a legend to me since I finally got to see techniques used!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB9qC97gcp4

I learned a lot from this guy!

If you are a novice like me learn blocking and block with x for special stuns! 

After studing the video I played it for a few hours and got good enough to beat it on normal now I'm going to play the game on hard mode! 

Thanks to everyone who gives out tips! Remember many maybe even most are not as good and we need or needed help!

I lost some of my bitterness I was very bitter not because it was hard, because I just didn't know techniques and there is not many who are good that have youtube channels. 

I play for Fun, Life is too Short
Message 7 of 59 (24,212 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Well its true. if your going to talk about a god of war game, dont disrespect it by not knowing the creatures. My comment about that was for Hawk
Message 8 of 59 (24,202 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Mar 18, 2013
The tips I posted was mainly for casual gamers who are finding problems with it.

I never mention parry since the parry mechanics sucks. The trials are pretty easy once you understand the mechanics of each wave, even on hard.

Good luck guys. Smiley Happy

@Jiggle
I noticed the mistake made by hawk_of_rawk, but didn't bother as long as I understood it. lol
Message 9 of 59 (24,110 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Mar 18, 2013

for the first wave Block and dodge as much as possible. Use the Blades with fire and when you have rage hit a siren.  The siren will be stuned. Do the stun and now the other siren will be stunned. Continue this until they all die.

photo GOWsignature_zps3e9f70f3.png
Message 10 of 59 (24,103 Views)
0 Likes