Fender Bender
2905 posts

Re: UPDATE: Demo releases 20th Feb for RotW winners. 26th for GP.

Feb 16, 2013

disturbeddude101 wrote:

Lol did you just reply to SSM, @Batman_B3yond?

lol yeah that was me, 20th is about 2/3 of the month. Not as early as I hoped.

Message 21 of 31 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Yeah, AND they get it 6 days later, they should get it on March 5th or something, and then I would be satisfied!

Erebus..jpg
Message 22 of 31 (428 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Feb 16, 2013
They said the Spartans would get it early, and the rest of the folks would get it later. I really am having trouble seeing where the issues are as that is exactly what is happening...
Message 23 of 31 (400 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Yeah we get it six days early before the world does lol that's early access alright "days" not weeks or a month but days early... What a joke this challenge was.
Message 24 of 31 (391 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1279 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Wow only 6 days before the worldwide release? The way they made it sound was that we would get it much further in advance, I mean the whole challenge thing kinda made it seem that way, I was thinking at least 2 weeks in advance if not more, but something is better than nothing I suppose. I don't get why not move the demo release date to sooner if we completed the challenge earlier, its pretty clear that they were not expecting us to hit the 10 million mark so soon, which is why they released a third challenge which should be reached right on schedule with their demo. 

Worldwide release should have been on the 5th imo, we who participated spent our time on their game, we should have gotten a better prize than just a 6 day early release to the demo, that's not even a week! lol.

"If all on Olympus will deny me my vengeance, then all on Olympus will die"- Kratos, GOW2
Message 25 of 31 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Feb 16, 2013
6 days early is still early. They did say late this month and the 20th falls right in line with that. Seriously people be happy we got this at all.
Message 26 of 31 (335 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 16, 2013

HEEEEYYYYY GUUUYS.

Message 27 of 31 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
SCEA
415 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Feb 16, 2013

Hey guys,

A little surprised at the tone here, but nonetheless, we can understand to a degree.

The God of War: Ascension single-player demo is one of the most highly anticipated demos in recent memory. ANY early access would be a welcome reward to core fans. 

You're getting the single-player demo nearly a full week ahead. That means you'll probably have played through it 3-4 times before anyone else touches it. That's pretty awesome to say the least.

More importantly than the demo reward in Rise of the Warrior are the following:

- the EXCLUSIVE DLC - Champions Hammer, Armor of Typhone, Mercenary Sword, XP rewards - these were made specifically, for free, for those who participate in Rise of the Warrior. You should thank the Gods, this is a prescious gift.

- the story of Rise of the Warrior. When you play Ascension, if you played Rise of the Warrior - the story will give you an "aha" moment. We crafted this story end to end to tie in to the single-player campaign, and I sincerely hope you discover all the connections. Those paying attention will "get it" when The Giver is revealed. The story has 20 chapters, we are 3/4 of the way nearly. We have some big surprises in store for the story as of yet.

- the challenge rewards - we are releasing never before seen concept art from the history of the franchise, treasures of art if you will, and other cool first-look assets.

From early access to the Beta (1-month) to early access to our SP demo (6 days) to free exclusive God of War quality DLC....all for being social with your God of War community, that is pretty awesome.

Cheers,

Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Message 28 of 31 (226 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Feb 16, 2013

As you know Tank, I have been pretty vocal about the "demo" situation.......I for one do not care about getting it this much time before the Trojans, I am just happy to finally know when we get to play a more finished version that  demo included with Total Recall. I am really curious to see who  the warrior is.....I have my own idea but am not saying just yet. Anyways thanks to you and your team for finally doing the right thing and releasing this to us , the hardcore fans who make it all possible.

Message 29 of 31 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Not to be a stick in the mud, but I would think the Early Demo should have been given to pre order gamers. 

To have some die hard fans that did their best being a trojan to be stuck with people who don't really care about buying Ascension but just want to down load the demo to see how it is,  is stupid!

By the way I'm a spartan but I will be playing Tomb Raider for that week before Acension is released. 

I play for Fun, Life is too Short
Message 30 of 31 (132 Views)
0 Likes