Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

Re: "Bros before Hos" trophy

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2013

Poseidon4ever wrote:

In any case, he was whining about something that did not merit dropping the game to a 3 out of **bleep** 5!

Yeah exactly. Sessler is still a hypocrite for being so bent out of shape over the scene/trophy from Ascension but having no beef with the one from GoW III.

Message 21 of 33 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11779 posts

Mar 8, 2013

I just read the review........he makes no mention of really any big negatives.....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 33 (323 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Mar 9, 2013
is a trophie shup up and get it or move on
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Message 23 of 33 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
859 posts

Mar 9, 2013

This whole thing is so silly. The game is going to be great, don't worry! Smiley Happy

Erebus..jpg
Message 24 of 33 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Mar 10, 2013

kb4983 wrote:

Adam Sessler is a hypocrite.

http://www.g4tv.com/games/ps3/44695/god-of-war-iii/review/

He reviewed GoW III for G4 with absolutely no mentioning of the scene with the Poseidon Princess and the Trophy earned by letting her get crushed into a gooey mess. A scene I consider to be a low point in the entirety of the GoW series.

Here you have this hapless girl (who, most likely is a sex slave of Poseidons) literally being pulled against her will by Kratos, in order save her from Poseidons grasp? No, no of course not. Kratos pulls her through the hallways just to use the pleading, half naked girl as a door-stop for the heavy wheel that crushes her almost immediately so he can progress through a gate. A wheel mind you, that could've been stopped by one of the giant hammers Kratos pulls from the many Talos you fight along the way...

Shortly after you hear the girl get crushed to death by the wheel you receive the trophy "I didn't do it...but I wish I did!" which (to me) implies rape or at the very least that Kratos should have had sex with her before using her as a human door-stop. I found this scene from GoW III to be deplorable and uneccesary.

Now, I have yet to play Ascension but the "Bros before Hos" Trophy seems to be nowhere near as bad as the one from GoW III. First of all the Trophy comes from defeating a Fury. The Furies are the main Antagonists of the game and are nowhere near as helpless as the Poseidon Princess. They put up good fights I'm sure and probably do their fair amount of damage (mental and physical) to Kratos. From what people have said this Fury also tortures Kratos. A far cry from the innocent woman who was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Kratos' extreme hate towards the Furies is understandable and it doesn't surprise me Kratos treats them with extreme prejudice. Also, unlike the GoW III trophy there is no implying of a sexual act or rape. I don't understand how Adam can take offense from this scene/Trophy but not the Poseidon Princess scene/Trophy from God of War III...

Just my two cents.

*a loud applause is heard throughout the forum for the maginificence kb4983 has displayed !*

+100 Kudos My Lad You Deserve Every Single One : )

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 25 of 33 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5791 posts

Mar 10, 2013
Ram: >that sensitive
Maybe.

>juvenile
Boys will be boys.

>no more so than
True enough.

>curb stomp
I was only aware of him stomping her face. Not actually 'curb stomping'. That would be a real step towards equality I can get behind.

Thunder: >feminist
Oh? Not too surprising.

Merga: True enough.

Lord: >funnier
Even more unfunny.

Moni: >domestic violence
I might have cracked a smile for this.

Chrome: >strong opinion
If he's the feminist noted by another, I suppose this shouldn't come as a surprise.

>didn't apologize
I'd like to think I worked that sort of thing out of his system. *hohoho*

>christ's sakes
Amusing profanity.

>pretty tame
Shouldn't be any worse than what happened to chaps in GoWIII. Herc the Jerk got it pretty good.

>fishing for views
Could be.

Bobo: >its
Ownership implied?

Brownie: >equality
Mission accomplished. A positive I can give them. How nice.

Poseidon: >something like that
If not that one, I'm sure there are others links around the board.

Emerald: >pretty bad
Your feelings about others you've seen thus far?

Rawk: >know it won't
Do you?

kb: >low point
You're silly for saying as much. Shall I help you reflect on this?

>implies rape
Would that...bother you?

>better that he wishes to have killed her than have sex
Neat. That's not how it is and we all know it. But as a back-up for this silly theory, maybe he's got a Culture of Honor sort of mentality and her treatment of "Lord Kratos" was not satisfactory.

>remove section of post
You do it and I'll respect you even less.

>innocent person
So what? Exactly what concern is it of ours in this series?

Shiki: >egotistical
Has he? I hadn't noticed while he was noting how he was a jack of all, master of none. That and the 'getting older' (and worse at video games thing). Perhaps I just haven't kept up with his antics. Didn't even realize he wasn't with G4 until recently.

>more violent
Unlikely. Still, it's an important step towards gender equality in GoW. Isn't that a nice thought?

Gally: >shup
What?

Disturbed: >don't worry
I'm not.

>great
It won't be. It'll be okay.

Stripes: My, you boys sure are invested in this game being received well. Curious. Would it sour the pre-order if it didn't score well?
Message 26 of 33 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2013

Annnnnnndd now SSM is censoring the Trophy name by changing it to "Bros Before Foes". Way to stick to your guns SSM...

Controversial God of War: Ascension trophy altered in upcoming patch

Message 27 of 33 (197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Mar 11, 2013

I have watched the Review by Adam Sessler. Let me state clearly that I acknowledge the fact that the man has the right to his own opinion. However, if you watch closely at the way he is looking at the camera, its almost like IGN shoved the cue cards down his throat and MADE him regurgitate what was on them. It didnt feel to me like they were HIS own words. Just a thought. Def not coming to his defense though because I feel SSM shoud leave it be.

THEY made the game. Its a very outlandish/over-the-top game. Which is why it is so freakin awesome. Keep doing you SSM.  Only 6 more hours to go.......

I am CashBox85, and I approve this reply.   Paid for by the thoughts and opinion of CashBox85

Homero_kratos_by_WarnerC.png

Message 28 of 33 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Mar 11, 2013
Retraction: Rev3Games not IGN
Message 29 of 33 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Mar 12, 2013
I disagree Cashbox. The only time that review felt like Adam Sessler's own words, was when he started talking about that trophy.

The rest of the review felt forced.
Message 30 of 33 (144 Views)
0 Likes