I Only Post Everything
983 posts

Re: 4th class adds imbalance?

Jun 27, 2013

I know, but like I said in my example with comparing the current weapons. That's the basic feel I get from the weapons. Also that was what the developers were going for anyway. I'm just questioning will this add an imbalance and will see an increase in two weapons classes. That's what I'm worried about.

Message 21 of 28 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1771 posts

Jun 27, 2013

I never heard anything anywehre about weapons being a counter to otehr weapons. Each class has thier own strenghts and weaknesses. Also a 3 calss balenced system can't be what the developers were going for since they planned 4 weaon classes from the start you can see taht the gauntles were always intended if you watch the "making of" for MP. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lag is OP. NERF it!
Message 22 of 28 (230 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

Jun 27, 2013

I guess. In theory what I said makes sense but practical use, this is not the case. But it is true that they did aim for a rock paper scissors vibe.

Message 23 of 28 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 27, 2013

NingaStyle_Tony wrote:

If you knew what I knew, you'd know that hammers are OP, jump slicers are dirt on the bottom of your shoe, and spears are super annoying.

this. And i'm sure i'm not even close to Tonys level of play with a hammer or any weapon for that matter. But if you know what you're doing with a hammer, there is a lot of running and rage quitting on your opponents behalf, I still consider myself a "newb" but there are times when I don't even get touched because of my hammer. Experienced jump slicers that actually have knowledge of the game and can do more than jump+/\ can still give me a bit of a workout but lately as i've noticed my skill increasing with hammers and running into skillful spear users, i can definately say spears are far more annoying. Unless of course i'm stuck in a 4x4 area with a SoZ Reckoning spammer and lag isn't letting me jump the waves lmao, that is by far one of the most annoying scenarios. 

P.S. SilverX200, i find it odd that you're able to find and post about so many glitches and problems with this game because everytime I've ran into you you've quit halfway through the game. How can you chalk anything up to more than a random occurance when you leave everytime you're losing which means at best you probably only stay for 60% of your games?

Message 24 of 28 (211 Views)
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

DaNielgAUci wrote:

Respone to everyone saying "no" and "gauntets will make it balanced", you do realize that what I am saying is factual. It follows basic probability.

Eg. Right now, lets say Swords>Spears>Hammers>Swords (just an example)

Therefore Swords have 1 strength and 1 weakness, Spears have 1 strength and 1 weakness, Hammers have 1 strength and 1 weakness.

But if they add the 4th class (lets say gauntlets), then it will be imbalance.

Swords has 2 strengths and 1 weakness, Gauntlets have 2 strengths and 1 weakness, Hammers have 1 strength and 2 weakness, Spears have 1 strength and 2 weakness.  This is a possible scenario.

With the addition of one more weapon class; each weapon class will have 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses.

I am not saying that someone with the disadvantage can't win, I'm saying that it will ruin the balance. Also if it is unbalanced now, 2 more weapons can work to create this balance.

Your probability hinges on the fact that there is a A>B>C>D in this game, which there isn't. Therefore what you're saying isn't factual at all. Bazinga punk!

Now, if you would like to argue that there is an A>B>C>D in this game. Feel free, I'll let the rest of the forumers tear you to shreds. 

DaNielgAUci wrote:

I guess. In theory what I said makes sense but practical use, this is not the case. But it is true that they did aim for a rock paper scissors vibe.

Stop throwing out "factual" misnomers. They never aimed for any rock, paper, scissor gameplay. Again, if you would like to argue this point, cite your sources and not your theories guised as fact.

Message 25 of 28 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
626 posts

Jun 28, 2013

DaNielgAUci wrote:
With the addition of the 4th weapon class (gauntlets), I feel there will be an imbalance in the game. Currently the game works similar to rock-paper-scissors. With the addition of another element (lets call it lizards), well make two weapons dominant over the other two class. The only way to make the game balanced by adding a 4th weapon class, is to add a 5th weapon class. This will ensure that each weapon type is balanced, so all weapons will be inferior and superior by the same amount. Therefore, rock-paper-scissors-lizards-spock. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock So when the next weapon class is added, two weapon classes will be at a disadvantage. SSM should consider adding another class. ...Big Bang Theory FTW.

definitely Big Bang Theory FTW! one of the best shows on tv. As you said.the only option is to add that 5th class.

Message 26 of 28 (126 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

Jun 28, 2013

@gRaphiK, I will address this in an order that will make sense.

"Stop throwing out "factual" misnomers. They never aimed for any rock, paper, scissor gameplay. Again, if you would like to argue this point, cite your sources and not your theories guised as fact."

In their livestream, they stated this. I am out of internet downloads so I can't provide the video to show you this.

"Your probability hinges on the fact that there is a A>B>C>D in this game, which there isn't. Therefore what you're saying isn't factual at all. Bazinga punk! Now, if you would like to argue that there is an A>B>C>D in this game. Feel free, I'll let the rest of the forumers tear you to shreds." 

What I argued is that there is an A>B>C>A>etc. in the current state of the game. With the inclusion of D, (can't be presented in the same fashion), two letters will be better than the other two. The easiest way to show this is by drawing a square with a cross in the middle. At each corner (on the square) have a circle. Then draw arrows around the square going in the same direction, therefore going around. Put an arrow on both edges of the X. This will prove what I have said. 

From what I have been seeing the replies, Hammers are better than swords, but but struggle against spear users. Sword users seem to overpower spear users. Now put this into the above. Swords>Spears>Hammers>Swords>etc.

The probability I presented is factual. If you deny how probability works, then you are denying rules in mathematics. Although I am not saying that I am correct on what weapons beat what weapons, but from the information I have gathered, I have made an educated guess. This theory was purely based on the developers comparing the weapons to Rock-paper-scissors.

Also they can tear me to shreds if they want. I was asking a question in which would be valuable for balance in the game.

Message 27 of 28 (87 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

Jun 28, 2013

HYPNOSIS wrote:
definitely Big Bang Theory FTW! one of the best shows on tv. As you said.the only option is to add that 5th class.

Glad you agree. 

Message 28 of 28 (84 Views)
0 Likes