Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Re: 5th god slot on mount olympus

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

I remember a long time ago someone in an interview said 5 gods to choose from, but every interview after that they said 4. I honestly believe hermes because of this picture right here:

asdf

In the picture you see Zeus, hades, poseidon which are all choices.  Of course you don't see Aries but he is a big part of the series.  Anyway, my thoughts are either Hermes or apollo...but I think it'll be hermes because of the "boots of hermes" power up. 

Or it could be a mistake or one of the first portions of the game they made and forgot to edit it out. 

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 97 (689 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Dec 19, 2012

ill take a swing and say Hermes or Athena

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 97 (685 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Dec 19, 2012
naw, i dont think they would pan the camera angle that far so you could see it if there wasn't an outside chance that at-the-very-least could be dlc.

i also didnt consider Helios...i would like to add him to my thoughtd
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 97 (684 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Dec 19, 2012

It seems to me that each of the Gods available right now has an element and a stat associated with it. 
Zeus is lightning and Magic Attack Power (the blue sword)
Ares is fire and Physical attack Power (yellow sword) 
Poseidon is water and I'm guessing he'll have improved Magical Resistances(blue shield)
Hades would probably be earth since he lives in the underworld and his stat would probably be Physical Resistance (Yellow Shield) 

Looking at the Gods already in place, I think Helios, Hermes, or Apollo would overlap too much with the fire powers you gain as Hades. This leaves 6 other Olympians: Athena, Hephaestus, Aphrodite, Artemis, Dionysus, and Demeter. 

I think Athena is the front runner because of her importance in the series. Hephaestus could have some interesting mechanical powers, Aphrodite is clearly a lover and not a fighter. 

Artemis was infamous for hating men. She only had maidens in her hunting party so I don't think she would appreciate the male only multiplayer characters availble and would not grant them her favor. 

I think a lot of fun could be had with either Dionysus or Demeter using some kind of plant-based magic, maybe like a medic class. 

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 97 (671 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Your looking through the BETA files, not the FULL game. It's oh to obvious that there isn't a 5th god in the beta, we would have found him by now. This BETA is still a "Work in pregress", it even says it on the bottum of the screen.

ↅoD Ω W⋏R: ASCENSION BETA!

PSN Gamercards
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 97 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Hermes has no offensive powers. All Hermes is, is a messanger of olympus. He is only the god of speed. His only item (His Boots) are already in the Beta. So, the likelyhood of Hermes being the 5th god is very low. You should look a little closer in the scene, because your missing somebody, HELIOS. If there is going to be a 5th god to allign to, is Helios, for a plethora of reasons I am too lazy to type.

PSN Gamercards
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 97 (661 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

Half of those gods have had no screen time and were not even mentioned anywhere in the series. Hepaestus Is the Smithgod, as well as the God of fire. Ares already has plenty of Fire based attacks. That leaves him out. Aphrodite is the Godess of love and sex and has basically no offensive powers what so ever, so shes out. Your explanation of Artemis leaves her out, as well as ARTEMIS'S BLADE is already being released as a reward for multiple god-use from Rise of the warrior. Demeter, Dionysus, and Apollo are nowhere to be found in the series. Hermes is the god of speed, is only a messanger of olympus, and has no offensive weapons, plus, his only item, his boots, are already in the Beta.

The only logical choices are Helios and Athena.

PSN Gamercards
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 97 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1285 posts

Dec 20, 2012

A good 5th spot would be Thanatos, the god of death. Think about it...Being able to summon Black holes to drain ohter people's magic and being able to fly for 5-10 seconds.

Being able to control another players body and inflicting pain on him or lead him off a clif or into a trap.

lawl.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 97 (653 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 20, 2012

metlgearsolid200 wrote:

A good 5th spot would be Thanatos, the god of death. Think about it...Being able to summon Black holes to drain ohter people's magic and being able to fly for 5-10 seconds.

Being able to control another players body and inflicting pain on him or lead him off a clif or into a trap.

That's actually a pretty good idea, I wonder why nobody has thought of it before.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 97 (650 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1314 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Thanatos would be interesting, but I wonder if there would be some slight overlap between him and Hades (god of the underworld).

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 97 (648 Views)
0 Likes