Every day is community day!
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 97 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Re: 5th god slot on mount olympus

Dec 22, 2012

Tank- Make a statue of yourself as the 5th god. "Tank- The God of God of War" :smileyvery-happy: 

ↅoD Ω W⋏R: ASCENSION BETA!

PSN Gamercards
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 97 (642 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Dec 22, 2012
Well, now there's the Armor of Artemis!
Erebus..jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 97 (631 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

God_of_War1_cover.jpg

In the God of War comics, there are six Olympians (Ares, Hades, Poseidon, Helios, Hermes, Artemis), each with their respective champions fighting for their honor. If these comics are any indcation, then I'd guess the 5th slot would most likely belong to Helios, Hermes, or Artemis... which I guess is nothing new. Still, I just wanted to throw in a bit of more info here.

EDIT: I overlooked the fact that Artemis loathes men, which is also demonstrated in the comics (her champion was an Amazonian warrior-queen). Coupled with the fact that there will be no female warriors in this game, I guess the 5th slot would belong to ither Helios or Hermes. Warriors aligned to Hermes would have faster basic movement/running speed, as well as significantly faster attack speed. Of course these guys would be low on physical and elemental powers though.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 97 (597 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jan 13, 2013

One god you forgot to mention...

--HEPHAESTUS--

Think about it. His armor and weapons would have a superior edge when compared to those of the other gods. All armor and weapons so far only offer two stat bonuses, however, with Hephaestus, they would probably possess three balanced ones. His abilities might serve to bolster defenses or possess a magical weapon longer, and one of his magical abilities could be to summon an automatons or two to fight by your side. Perhaps only one automaton that does no damage and is a mirror image of yourself in order to confuse enemies. He may also have more potent fire magic than Ares.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 97 (589 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1339 posts

Jan 13, 2013

minuekim wrote:

God_of_War1_cover.jpg

In the God of War comics, there are six Olympians (Ares, Hades, Poseidon, Helios, Hermes, Artemis), each with their respective champions fighting for their honor. If these comics are any indcation, then I'd guess the 5th slot would most likely belong to Helios, Hermes, or Artemis... which I guess is nothing new. Still, I just wanted to throw in a bit of more info here.

EDIT: I overlooked the fact that Artemis loathes men, which is also demonstrated in the comics (her champion was an Amazonian warrior-queen). Coupled with the fact that there will be no female warriors in this game, I guess the 5th slot would belong to ither Helios or Hermes. Warriors aligned to Hermes would have faster basic movement/running speed, as well as significantly faster attack speed. Of course these guys would be low on physical and elemental powers though.

Nice, I remember those comics! I thought the artwork was pretty cool, kinda similar to what we see in the Rise of the Warrior currently... not sure if they were done by the same artist.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 97 (572 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 13, 2013

i hope it's athena

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 97 (567 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Has nobody else noticed that if you go to the far right side on the area, not actually on the steps there is broken statue looking bit of rubble? Based on the GoW universe, that statue would have been Athena. Thus, not necessarily a 5th god to pledge allegiance to, but simply a visual effect to keep the GoW universe true to it's roots, you have Zeus in the center, his brothers Hades and Poseidon at his sides, and his well known children Ares and Athena (who were at war in the first GoW if I remember correctly) on the outsides

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 97 (555 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 14, 2013

DXBrea wrote:

Has nobody else noticed that if you go to the far right side on the area, not actually on the steps there is broken statue looking bit of rubble? Based on the GoW universe, that statue would have been Athena. Thus, not necessarily a 5th god to pledge allegiance to, but simply a visual effect to keep the GoW universe true to it's roots, you have Zeus in the center, his brothers Hades and Poseidon at his sides, and his well known children Ares and Athena (who were at war in the first GoW if I remember correctly) on the outsides

If it's Athena they'll have to remove Athena's blade and armor, not likely.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 97 (543 Views)
0 Likes