Dec 19 2012
By: mixedkidbx Treasure Hunter 9034 posts

60 Second count down....

6 replies 103 views Edited Dec 19, 2012

You guys need to add a "ready" light next to the names of the ppl playing. Like if we press start to "ready" up, once everyone lights up the game starts.

This waiting for 60 seconds to count down all the time is annoying! 

Message 1 of 7 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9034 posts

Re: 60 Second count down....

Dec 19, 2012

Oh and also why is it several times when im in a lobby waiting for the game to start the timer counts down to like 10 or less and then all of a sudden it sends me to "Looking for a room" again...

I've had this happen many times in a row and again its no fun just sitting there waiting for a clock to count down, only to have to go thru it again because the game decides to find you a new lobby when the one you was in was about to start (and there was already ppl there waiting to play)

Message 2 of 7 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7543 posts

Dec 19, 2012

mixedkidbx wrote:

You guys need to add a "ready" light next to the names of the ppl playing. Like if we press start to "ready" up, once everyone lights up the game starts.

This waiting for 60 seconds to count down all the time is annoying! 

During a beta it's probably a good thing to just give everyone the same amount of time as they are getting used to finding and reading new things they have unlocked.  And avoids hate mail being sent with a cry saying "let's go! Too slow, I wanna play!"

Keeps everyone on equal footing during testing.  In the final release though, I agree. This would be a good feature.

Message 3 of 7 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7543 posts

Dec 19, 2012

mixedkidbx wrote:

Oh and also why is it several times when im in a lobby waiting for the game to start the timer counts down to like 10 or less and then all of a sudden it sends me to "Looking for a room" again...

I've had this happen many times in a row and again its no fun just sitting there waiting for a clock to count down, only to have to go thru it again because the game decides to find you a new lobby when the one you was in was about to start (and there was already ppl there waiting to play)

It's a beta. Keep that in mind as well as the hours that you play.  7-11 pm local time is what they ask you to keep the beta play to for stability purposes.  So if this is happening outside of those hourse you need to take into consideration that the game is being worked on as you are playing it. 

A minor inconveniance, but to be expected during beta.

Message 4 of 7 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9034 posts

Dec 19, 2012

GOW71 wrote:

mixedkidbx wrote:

It's a beta. Keep that in mind as well as the hours that you play.  7-11 pm local time is what they ask you to keep the beta play to for stability purposes.  So if this is happening outside of those hourse you need to take into consideration that the game is being worked on as you are playing it. 

A minor inconveniance, but to be expected during beta.

I know its a beta (i've done many since like 2000 or something).  As far as the time it's happen even during their "specified play time".

I just find it happening way to much.  The game is fun but when you are sitting in a lobby for several minutes due to the fact of the game kicking you from "room" to "room", just makes me bored to say the least.

Like you said though its a beta and im giving MY opinon.

Message 5 of 7 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7543 posts

Dec 19, 2012

I'm sorry if that came across as insulting to your beta experience.  Wasn't intended that way.  It's great feedback!  I only brought it up as some poeople tend to forget beta "off hours" tend to be more sketchy. Again sorry if you felt like I was insulting you.

Message 6 of 7 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9839 posts

Dec 19, 2012
yeah, the wait seems pretty long.

Also, when you click on search for a game or w/e it takes a while to actually start searching, before 1.07 it started instantly.

But now you have to wait for the search, wait at least 60 seconds (timer goes up if anyone leaves), wait for the loading screen and then wait for the guy to stop talking/the camera to stop moving.
Message 7 of 7 (75 Views)
0 Likes