First Son
27 posts

Re: AHHHH feels good whooping some cheap jump slicers @SS

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

I also think that this move is too powerful.

I know this thing  can be parried, actually I always parry someone who use jump slice on me.

But one thing is that you can also do the "pure-jump" to fake your enemy,if they parry,they will  have trouble.

If you are good enough, you can even press your "triangle" button only when you see someone attack you after jumping.

Also the main point is, when you use this move, you have a priority to hit someone,  he can't hit you.

Combine all these things, this move is still too powerful...what I mean is when compare with other weapon like maul/hammer or spear/lance.

Message 11 of 13 (155 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

I only speak the truth, and I'm guessing that's why you take such a big offense!

Like, seriously....

Not only is it SUPER obvious and you have the option to PARRY it for a bunch of free damage!
You can also DODGE it (R3)
And even BLOCK it (L1)

Sure it can be delayed and instead turn to a normal heavy attack.
But there is a pretty big coldown when hitting the ground.
If you encounter an opponent mixing it up a lot, just go with the safe alternatives (block or dodge)

What you people basically are saying when whinging about the jump slash is:

"Hurp derp, fix this so i don't have to press any other buttons except the attack buttons!!1!!11!!!1"

And im not an elitist, you stupid **bleep**.
I just don't have a brain the seize of a peanut and blame others for my shortcomings!

Get real, man up, and stop whit the **bleep** whining you little **bleep**!

Message 12 of 13 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Crimson_SWE wrote:

I only speak the truth, and I'm guessing that's why you take such a big offense!

Like, seriously....

Not only is it SUPER obvious and you have the option to PARRY it for a bunch of free damage!
You can also DODGE it (R3)
And even BLOCK it (L1)

Sure it can be delayed and instead turn to a normal heavy attack.
But there is a pretty big coldown when hitting the ground.
If you encounter an opponent mixing it up a lot, just go with the safe alternatives (block or dodge)

What you people basically are saying when whinging about the jump slash is:

"Hurp derp, fix this so i don't have to press any other buttons except the attack buttons!!1!!11!!!1"

And im not an elitist, you stupid **bleep**.
I just don't have a brain the seize of a peanut and blame others for my shortcomings!

Get real, man up, and stop whit the **bleep** whining you little **bleep**!

I think it looks stupid, just like bunny hopping around in CTF looks stupid and is pretty hokey.  And with so few people parrying and mashing attack, it really is just too easy to get ringouts.  I think that's what feels cheapest to me.  Jump, triangle, square, kick.   And there's really no penalty to it unless they manage to avoid or finally start parrying.

Regardless of how dirty I feel for doing it though, it's not a glitch, it's not exploiting anything, it's an obvious move and it's perfectly valid, so I can't really fault anyone for doing it.   The dumbest battle though is two jump slicers hopping after each other.  Heh.

Like I said before, I only really tried this whole jump slice / juggle last night, but it was awfully successful.  Still, what bothers me more than anything is an infinite juggle or a 90 percent of your health gone while you bounce around helplessly for 20 seconds juggle.  I think 3 - 4 attacks is the max you should ever be able to string together.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 13 of 13 (83 Views)
0 Likes