Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 16 2012
By: jagger1515 First Son 6 posts

Alot of suggestions but no developer comments on our suggestions

13 replies 304 views Edited Dec 16, 2012

If we could please get some feedback from the devs on the forums so we know what we are adding is even being taking into account plz

Message 1 of 14 (304 Views)
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: Alot of suggestions but no developer comments on our suggestions

Dec 16, 2012
They wouldn't be asking for our feedback here if it wasn't being read. At the same time, we as the playerbase need to keep expectations realistic. They have a llaunch window set and programming tons of new stuff takes time.
Message 2 of 14 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Dec 16, 2012
This seems to be an issue with every game. Devs need to communicate a bit more with us, especially on a beta forum. It would go a loooong way in regards to consumer relations.

It's simply not enough for them to say" we read everything you guys write and take all serious suggestions into consideration." Let us know what you think about our ideas in the threads we make! It can't be that hard lol
Message 3 of 14 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Well... it's kinda the weekend. It's part of their job to read and respond when they can and since most, you know, most jobs don't make people work on the weekend then that pretty much explains why there's been no response yet.

Just wait til tomorrow.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 14 (287 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 16, 2012

They do read, but don't respond (99%)

Normal...

Message 5 of 14 (278 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29222 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

I've seen a number of responses to the board. I've been busy lately with holiday shopping and guests so haven't been here as much but I can tell you they've responded in threads I've participated in.

And I agree it's the weekend and working 7 days a week isn't part of most people's job descriptions. 

If the messages are loud and clear and if there is the option to include the suggestions in the game I think they'll certainly do it. They aren't running this beta or getting input here just for show. At least not in my view. 

Message 6 of 14 (268 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
415 posts

Playstation Staff
Dec 17, 2012

Hey guys,

We are currently working near round the clock, the Gods like to call it "crunch time". You can see the "food of the Gods" below, a gift from Zeus himself upon this glorious weekend. We're still very early in our Beta, but as stated here by some, we are reading every post, every idea, every comment. If we do not reply to every thread, it does not mean we haven't read it. We will do everything in our God of War powers to ensure you feel your voice is being heard. 

Our focus this previous week was ensuring stability in the Beta as we grow the pool of players. We're starting to turn a corner and look ahead at all the great feedback.

We'll make sure our response time is increased, and you may even see some other "voices" here aside from myself.

The Gods of Sony Santa Monica hear you. We'll see you in the arena, keep bringin all the great ideas.

-Tank

GoWBetaPizza.jpg

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Message 7 of 14 (233 Views)
God of War Developer
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

Champions!

We're a little "crunchy" right now. As I look around the design department at 4:49 on a Sunday EVERY designer is here doing his or her thing that gets us to that AAA quality we expect from ourselves. Actually, as I look around the studio, this place is still packed!!! Awesome!

You guys keep on posting. We're listening and reading! We are writing emails and discussing your comments with each other. We are both overreacting and underreacting at the same time. We are playing with you and cursing the gods when you steal our kills. We are begging for, working on, or plotting to sneak in some of the very same features written about inside these forums.

I'll do my best as the design lead, just one mortal among this uber talented design team, to get in here and answer as many questions as I can, but I'm not going to hang out here all day long, there are important matters to attend to on the other development kit :smileyhappy:

thx,

- The Boat Captain

Message 8 of 14 (229 Views)
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Thank you Tank and The Boat Captain! Keep on keepin' on :smileyvery-happy:

That's a lot of pizza haha

Message 9 of 14 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

What Just--Tank has said is true of most betas & it isn't realistic to expect a response from them every time. However, I don't believe response time to be the issue here. What we eventually need from you, Just--Tank, is a sticky at the top of the forum after each major patch exclaiming what specific areas of the game that they'd like us to address & need feedback on. Also, perhaps a moderator could even provide us with a list of issues that either they're going to relay to the devs or are already working on. 

That way we're not taking shots in the dark every time with too general of feedback, or in some cases regurgitating the same stuff. I mean it's conducive for a good tester to search for a similar issue to their own before creating a new topic, but sometimes thread titles aren't the clearest and/or feedback gets burried behind a plethora of responses.

Message 10 of 14 (172 Views)