Jan 26 2013
By: SpiritCreed Lombax Warrior 168 posts

Another Game type....Gladiator of the Gods

3 replies 113 views Edited Jan 26, 2013

This is a continuous game.  Basically it ends only on one of two events, you reach a specific level or you die.  

Sounds obvious, but let me explain.

In this area, 4-6 people start out much like the "favor of the gods," a free for all.  However, once you die, you cannot respawn.  Its single elimination.  And every kill gives much needed life to the killer.  

The one that is killed is replaced by another player (kind of like a queue.  Like the 30 seconds before a game starts, you just wait until someone dies).  So if several of these games are going then a wait should never be more than 30 seconds.

Like the background proposed by Stripesmarine, the Gods are warching.  When you die, your allied God reaches in and throws your body off the screen. And the new player comes out of a gate (like a gladiator).  (NOTE---if there is a no allie option as proposed, then Gia, Atlas, or some other titan can reach up and take the body---> this can be changed to a cooler idea if someone thinks of it)

The object of the game is to keep winning.  As you kill more and more, you become stronger and your allied God could send down gifts for you to use to aid you in your quest for doing so well.   (These can be taken by other players, but the game should be designed so they don't come down on the oposite side of the map or in the middle of the player doing a combo so the advantage is given to the other players)

The game will end after so many kills or after so much experience has been gained (via a level counter).  This will have its own leveling.  Therefore a level increase in the match will not increase your overall level.  Its just a way to keep track of how long a player has lived.  However, the starndard match experiences will still be given out to each player as they die or win.

By participating in this game type a player gets extra experience and there can be a weapon or armor that is unlocked after winning the match so many times.  But to win would have to be hard, it can't be something like killing 20 men in a row, it has to be something like a 100.  

As you kill more, it makes you slightly stronger for the match.  So the more you kill, the easier it is to kill more as a reward.

-------

OR the game never ends and you just keep taking on new guys until you are bored of it.  But in this case, the getting stronger would be eliminated.

----------

What do you guys think?  Please make suggestions if you have ways to improve.

Message 1 of 4 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Re: Another Game type....Gladiator of the Gods

Jan 26, 2013

So it's the game that never ends? Innovative.

I don't have any feedback on your game mode or anything (Except it could be a 1 player mode maybe?), i just hate to leave people hanging without any responses.

You've been bumped Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 4 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Its up for debate about it ending or now.  But I really like the idea still either way it goes.

Message 3 of 4 (86 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 27, 2013

great idea, this should be one of the main modes though, this is too great of an idea that we should  "play till we get bored". Players should wanna come back and play and play and play, so heres my input...

There should be small and large maps implimented, both should have 12 fighters total. Small maps should allow six fighters at once w/ 6 in que, large maps 8 fighters w/ 4 in que,the fighters who die are eliminated w/ no respawn.  The last warrior standing of the 12 should be declared the winner w/ no time limit. The gods interferring is a great idea both taking dead warriors off the map, giving "perks" for the one kicking a** etc. To keep us coming back to this mode the winner or "champion" should beable to unlock armor, weapons etc. since it will not go towards leveling warriors up. Hopefully this mode w/ my or better ideas will be in the game since it will REALLY test all players and their true skills. 

Message 4 of 4 (75 Views)
0 Likes