Jan 21 2013
By: rachelnlucas Hekseville Citizen 274 posts

Anyone else have issues with the current Escape ?

4 replies 130 views Edited Jan 21, 2013
I waited a little while to post this to try and see if maybe I didn't have the right idea about the escape but it doesn't really seem to work well especially if you are being double teamed or are in the air. Maybe being in the air nullifies this but I don't think it should. Since it is a special with a cooldown I think it should give you a full second or maybe 2 for you to get out of whatever you tried to use it for in the first place. If someone has a really good understanding of the escape and when you can use it and it work great please don't be shy. I've only had good success with it when I'm using the block item but that negates attacks on its own.
Message 1 of 5 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Re: Anyone else have issues with the current Escape ?

Jan 21, 2013
From my experience, "escape" comes up because you are using you're item (but I know you already know that). I seen people break out of air combe routinely uses their item and I believe it gives them a brief moment of invincibility.

But if you're getting ganged up on (which happens far to often in team play), the best items to have are "retreat" items, like the shields or Zeus' teleport.

Also, if you don't want a player uses their item, play as a Zeus champ with a Zeus weapon because they have the ability to silence the use of both magic and items.
Message 2 of 5 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Jan 21, 2013

It usually works well 1.5 seconds before an air grab,  ground grab/grapple or during regular combos. I usually save mine when I know depending on weapon and what location on the map im currently going to face a huge combo with lots of bouncing I use it.

Message 3 of 5 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jan 21, 2013
So you don't think it works in the air? I haven't been able to get out of the grapple even if I use is before hand. @ DaJizzle , you have seen people get out of being grappled using this method?
Message 4 of 5 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

No I think he means you can only escape a grapple if you use it 1-5 seconds prior to that chain coming out...which is about the same as my experience with it. If I don't activate prior to someone's grapple, I'll get thrown. Period.

ANything else I can escape...combos, launches, even Zeus' vacuum lightning bolts and fire traps.

...I know this has been said to death but lag might be a reason people aren't able to escape. I know my L2 press has failed leading to my death but this happens rarely.

Message 5 of 5 (110 Views)
0 Likes