That's the point!  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 323 (1,926 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1349 posts

Re: Ares Allegiance Thread

Apr 4, 2013

@Poseidon4ever

Yeah I do remember you! It's cool to see ppl from the forums online. Strong work with those heals; definitely helped in the heat of battle. If you feel I was a worthy teammate, feel free to add me if you like.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 12 of 323 (1,921 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1496 posts

Apr 4, 2013
I don't use Artemis armour as the PP you get from his battle/war armour is enough to be threatening. Personal feel you need 20% PR which is why I go with 2 battle armour and 1 war armour.

I also hate how Ares is considered noob friendly

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 13 of 323 (1,921 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Apr 4, 2013

DaBeast151 wrote:
I don't use Artemis armour as the PP you get from his battle/war armour is enough to be threatening. Personal feel you need 20% PR which is why I go with 2 battle armour and 1 war armour.

I also hate how Ares is considered noob friendly

No, Zeus is the noob friendly one, Ares is arguably the hardest class to master, Poseidon's lance and Maul are godly in the right hands, Hades Lance is the best CC Lance, Ares just has P. Power focus and he's hard to master (I use Lance on him which means finding E. power armor instead), Ares Maul sucks, Sword of Ares (25 rank) HEAVY special can be parried, WTFWTFWTF, and Lance forces you to change to E. Power, Ares Punch is best used for ring outs, really hard to land the Inferno and Demigod magic isn't even worth it IMO, his relics all suck too.

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 14 of 323 (1,909 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Apr 4, 2013
Is it because we're inept tools? Nahh...

I just figured I'd max out as Ares first. I'm sure my playstyle would just adapt as I changed allegience.

Only figured playing as Poseidon wouldn't be solo friendly, as the description purports 'team abilities.'

this is me helping
Message 15 of 323 (1,908 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11771 posts

Apr 4, 2013

@DJMadcow

Oh none of this "am I worthy" nonsense. Of course I'll add you  Smiley Very Happy

@DaJizzle (your name tends to get censored)

Thx for the tips. I remember playing healer Poseidon while Thanatos played healer with the Lance of Hades......and you tore it up as Ares XD So you are def right on abt tht part haha but I think that's why I'm struggling: I'm so used to being the guy behind the scenes (and I LOVE that)....that I have a hard time adjusting to the raw damage output of an Ares class. I appreciate the help from everyone Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 323 (1,902 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 4, 2013
@Poseidon

Yes, I've heard that my name gets censored. Lol! It's a play on my initials. Nothing meant to be vulgar. But it's still funny that it gets censored.

I remember that match. You guys were godsend. Giving that type of protection to an Ares player makes them nearly unbeatable. And no problem with with the tips. Glad I could help.

The reason I like the inferno over the other magics is that you get two uses, it effects a wide area, and it helps teammates cause they can bombard the opposing team at will. This makes Poseidon players (which usually have low PA) easily defeat opponents because they have no defense.

The demigod magic doesn't make you invincible. I've killed plenty demigods. It's best to use this magic with a good amount of health remaining.

You have to know how to time and aim the Fist of Ares magic though it is great for ring outs as @SovereignSky mentioned earlier.

Defensively, it's best to avoid magic spammers like Zeus players. They'll tear Ares apart with their magic so be careful and don't allow them to catch you. Most of it is avoidable. But Zeus' Reckoning is devastating cause it can kill an Ares player in a single jolt. Poseidon's magic does pretty decent damage against Ares players as well. Hades magic is easily avoidable but still he cautious.

Have fun! Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 323 (1,886 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
51195 posts

Apr 4, 2013

I'm using Ares and appreciate the little tidbits of info I just garnered from the posts here.  Thanks guys your convo is very helpful for me, great thread idea!

Message 18 of 323 (1,883 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11771 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

@dajizzle

would you recommend the Battle Armor or War Armor? (or even Artemis perhaps?)

@pilgrim

>yeah there are 4 now Smiley Happy I created the Poseidon allegiance thread, thanatos with the hades thread, and I believe czeuch created the zeus thread

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 323 (1,882 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 4, 2013
@Poseidon

Battle Armor. Most of the allegiances battle armor is much better than the War Armor. The Artemis Armor has a huge drawback in the Health department. I believe it's -3 at level 1. Full Artemis at level 1 is -9 health. So, you have to make pretty quick work of your enemies with full Artemis build or you'll be dead soon because of lack of health. Battle Armor gives similar PA and better PD.
Message 20 of 323 (1,872 Views)
0 Likes