Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
869 posts

Re: Ares Allegiance Thread

Apr 8, 2013

LuchaBori wrote:

Hey wassup u know the L1 square move with the lance and then it becomes a flamethrower.  In the description it says u can do an additional move pressing L1 triangle well how do you do that move because I've tried and it doesn't work. Thanks

It does not work lol The best I've done is be able to release L1+[] then press it again but that isn't nearly as effective as just holding L1+[] the first time or holding L1 and tapping []. I am not sure why the description says L1+/\ at all since you can't even performm your normal L1+/\ attack without it cancelling your L1+[] Stance :\

Not sure if this is a bug or description error, either. While the lance is fun and effective, it really is a hard weapon to use effectively due to its limited ability to pull off combos using EITHER special. I have actually abandoned this weapon except in support circumstances - the L1+/\ can be GREAT in groups. This weapons definitely has its own style and can be quite challenging to weild. Lotsa burn deaths though :smileyvery-happy:

Message 61 of 323 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11717 posts

Apr 8, 2013

^lol I have not tried ares' lance....mainly bcuz Im lvl 15 with him XD

>gave u a shout out on the clan thread haha might be buried a page...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 62 of 323 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Apr 8, 2013
I'm still using Blade of Ares (lvl 9). My physical power goes to 73% with full artemis, which is nice. However I would like to try out another weapon.

Any recommendation? I'm lvl 22 so I'll unlock the lvl 25 soon enough.

Thanks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 63 of 323 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 8, 2013
@czeuch

Ares' Spear is DEVASTATINGLY DEADLY. I love that thing. Give it spin. I'm sure you'll grow fond of it. :smileyhappy:

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW
Message 64 of 323 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Apr 8, 2013
I'll check that out, thanks!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 65 of 323 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 8, 2013
^No prob!

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW
Message 66 of 323 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

Apr 8, 2013
Seems like I'm one of the few Ares players who prefer Hammers. I still use the War Hammer as my main weapon. Just find it so effective for crowd control. L+square is such a good long range move, especially if there's a wall or cliff near by. L+/\ also does beastly damage.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 67 of 323 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 8, 2013
I like my Gladiator hammer. It's been good to me. :smileywink:

Message 68 of 323 (316 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 9, 2013

Thanks @SirCrush I was wasting so much time trying to do the stupid move I am glad u were able to clear it up.  Now to practice with the swords then the hammer.

See u guys on the battlefield!

Message 69 of 323 (301 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Apr 9, 2013

Ares is by far my favorite god so far. I use the fury armor because of the physical, elemental, and cooldown and is really good with either the sword or blade of ares (I also think it looks cool). I use the relic of brutality because I find myself grappling a lot and a 25% physical damage boost is useful in any situation. The fist of ares is my prefered magic because I can use it twice with full magic, it is very good at pushing multiple enemies away from you for a little bit, and is excellent for ring outs.

Message 70 of 323 (295 Views)
0 Likes