Jan 30 2013
By: kb4983 Hekseville Citizen 388 posts

Armor Longevity?

27 replies 237 views Edited Jan 30, 2013

In MMO's and certain games with loot-like systems and such, there is usually a point when all the players of a certain class are all wearing the same armor set because it is the best for their class and boosts their stats in just the right way.

I want to write this thread so maybe SSM will see that armor longevity could be a problem in the game. Does anyone know if the dev team has said how they plan to address this issue?

With more and better armors being in the final release, I'm thinking there will be armor that will completely replace the armor you unlock toward the beginning of your champions journey.

I feel if I want to use the gladiator armor for my torso because I think it looks awesome with a mix of Athena's Helm (or insert favorite helm) even if I'm level 30+ in the final release, I should be able to.

I really hope they have a workaround for this because I don't want any armor to become obsolete because you never know what type of armor combinations players may think looks awesome on their champion!

Message 1 of 28 (237 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

Re: Armor Longevity?

Jan 30, 2013
Yeah I agree, Athena's Helm was my favorite and would like to use it for as long as I want.
Message 2 of 28 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 30, 2013
@kb4983

Kudos! I saw a ton of gladiator armor during the beta. It was the best in my opinion.
Message 3 of 28 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 30, 2013
I like replacing armor with newer and better sets. This is what I like about god of war MP, I don't want to be level 50+ in god of war Ascension online and still be wearing gear I unlocked at level 5. How lame would that be?
Message 4 of 28 (218 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:
I like replacing armor with newer and better sets. This is what I like about god of war MP, I don't want to be level 50+ in god of war Ascension online and still be wearing gear I unlocked at level 5. How lame would that be?

So you'd rather it end up with having to scroll past several pieces of armor you'll never even use again to only use the few elite armors you'll get towards the end of your level progression?

I think all armors should be viable for the entirety of champions progression. That way players can choose! You'd still be able to look like a bad @$$ in newer armors if you so choose, it wouldn't take anything away from them.

Message 5 of 28 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Jan 30, 2013

FieryCaptain wrote:

I'd make it so that any armor piece in general can have let's say a gem that takes the stats of another different piece and applies it to the armor. That way anyone can mix and match armor sets if they like the look but don't like the current stats.

This of course would take place after you've unlocked all armor pieces in the game and have them all at level 3.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/incentive-to-use-other-armor...

Message 6 of 28 (203 Views)
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jan 30, 2013
Maybe you'll be able to upgrade the classics to Venerated Armor. Then they'll have comparable endgame stats, so you can focus more on the cosmetic aspect.

Of course, it could end up being that the stats don't make that much of a difference, and you can use anything you want the entire time. I guess we'll see.
Message 7 of 28 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 30, 2013
lol Goldhawk1's favorite armor was the "Sage" set anyway, he's hoping for a better stat armor like the "Sage" so he doesn't have to wear it anymore that's why he's against this.
Message 8 of 28 (196 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I  can see you wanting to stay with a certain peice of armor for cosmetics alone. However , I don't like the idea of me working towards a higher level and the armor is just as good as what I had in the first place or at a very early level.  Or getting special things to unlock it.

Like FieryCaptain said maybe after you've put in the work to upgrade things it gives you the option to work on the cosmetics only aspect.

Message 9 of 28 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I like that idea very much Smiley Happy

a4xc4q.gif

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 28 (169 Views)
0 Likes