Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 20 2013
By: DaBeast151 Uncharted Territory 1495 posts

Armor and weapon stats

4 replies 767 views Edited Jan 20, 2013

Sorry if this has been discussed but went through a few threads and didn't see anything. 

I've played with maxed out armor with the best physical defense and then gone and switched the armor for one of average or lesser stats and find it very difficult to see any difference in damage taken. 

Same goes for weapons. I find myself choosing swords or hammers primarily based on their individual move sets rather than attack stats as I'm struggling to see the difference in say 100 points of physical attack power. 

Am I alone in this sentiment or can others relate? 

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 1 of 5 (767 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Re: Armor and weapon stats

Jan 20, 2013
I feel the same.

The Minotaur hammer feels like the weakest of the bunch yet its like the second or third strongest(by stats) and the Ares hammer seems like it does the same amount of damage as the default gladiator hammer.

The Barbarian hammer feels like it does more damage than the Ares hammer(which it really should, its the coolest weapon revealed so far), but thats probably because of the moves it has.

I guess they balanced the weapons so much they don't feel that different in terms of stats.
Message 2 of 5 (764 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I noticed this with physical defense. Switching from Warrior armor to Skorpian, I didn't notice anything. It's a 150 point change!

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 3 of 5 (760 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I can definitely notice the difference but agree with you that I pick my weapon primarily based off the specials. What good is a 100 extra damage if I can't land the special as well as the others?

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Message 4 of 5 (759 Views)
PlayStation MVP
474 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

DaBeast151 wrote:

Sorry if this has been discussed but went through a few threads and didn't see anything. 

I've played with maxed out armor with the best physical defense and then gone and switched the armor for one of average or lesser stats and find it very difficult to see any difference in damage taken. 

Same goes for weapons. I find myself choosing swords or hammers primarily based on their individual move sets rather than attack stats as I'm struggling to see the difference in say 100 points of physical attack power. 

Am I alone in this sentiment or can others relate? 

It depends on the level of the person who is hitting you, with what weapon & armor they are using and at what level class it's at also what abilities are equipped. And the same goes for you as well.

I do see the difference, usually I battle against the same people it seems. With them wearing and using the same setup each time. As my armor and weapon level go up I can clearly tell the difference. The craziest armor set is the Cyclopean Armor it looks like it should be the weakest but the health totally makes up for it. Maxed out the armor puts you over 100 health, when I pick up health power it puts me a little over half health.

It was a grind to max out all the armor and I'm at my last hammer (I saved the best looking for last the Barbarian hammer) still I need to complete most of the swords. As of now I'm wearing the same armor setup for both Zeus and Ares and I'm changing my weapon as I max them out. And I do see the difference in them.  :robotwink:

Message 5 of 5 (733 Views)
0 Likes