Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Re: At a loss

Apr 29, 2013

@P4E It's just Poseidon can't really handle combat with his Lance well, I use Lances on all gods since they're the only team support weapons, my Ares my boost P Power but he's built around E Power so my flames kill everything etc. I get what you mean though, that's why I stopped playing my Healer Hades, it really isn't worth it to go FULL support. Trust me, no one would be crying about you if they had left the /\ special in PvP the same as in ToG but no, they had to take the best thing about that Lance away because it was OP (Jesus couldn't they just reduce the time being frozen plus have a longer cooldown instead?).

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 21 of 154 (185 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

Apr 29, 2013
me me me....
This thread is tbh really stupid.
No offense P4E!
Message 22 of 154 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11800 posts

Apr 29, 2013

@alghaz

they leave me every time to die

@sov

I can wreck face in combat....but I find it a tad boring when I fight a lot (this weekend I had a lot of games that I took screenshots of just bcuz they were good scores, but I wouldnt say they were fun bcuz during the game I was freaking the f*** out as to how I could squeak out on more kill from the match)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 23 of 154 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11800 posts

Apr 29, 2013

@crimson

Totally cool with that! I respect your opinion Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 154 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11800 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Tbh Im looking at the screenshots on my phone and I played a lot better combat wise than I had even guessed.....but wow I srsly dont remember these games being fun at all XD

Message 25 of 154 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2802 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Poseidon4ever wrote:

my clan members are generally very nice and accepting. sometimes unless u get a shining score like 12-1 (pretty usual fr me in 4v4) u get overlooked tho. there is another group of players however that str8 up told me to play ares and "make myself useful" or leave....i left

lol cool people u play with 

Message 26 of 154 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2802 posts

Apr 29, 2013

don't u play with the power rangers? i thought they where loving and caring ..

Message 27 of 154 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Poseidon4ever wrote:

Hey guys,

I understand that many will see this as a pointless thread but I wanted to bring something up that has been bothering me. Most of you know that my favorite playstyle is the healer/white mage style. However, I've noticed a huge decrease in respect since 1.04 came out. I used to be regarded as an essential cog in the team....and tbh I made an enormous contribution to each victory. But lately, people dont give a **bleep** about whether u healed them or grapple save them at the cost of your own life...or if u sacrifice urself to the rage blade wielding enemy like I have. They only look at your combat. And unfortunately, I'm starting to feel unappreciated (which I often am anyway).....ive seen myself relentlessly frinding 2v2 this weekend to raise that abominable, all important kill/death ratio. Dont get me wrong; I'm a pub stomper in combat, but I never cared abt maintaining that before. I just dont know how to get back to where I used to be :'(

This is the exact issue when KDR stats become public.  The typical competitive gamer mindset looks at KDR as a be all end all a lot of the time. Which depreciates the value of a good "team" player, such as yourself.

This is one reason why I was adamant a littlw while ago about NOT including leaderboards or public stats.  They made it so only you can see them unless you deem worthy to post them, which I am ok with. I looked at it once. Once. Just to see how they set it up.

You'll get the arguements that "It's a game about killing" so KDR is important. Which to a point I understand and agree with.  But you will find as I have that all to often those that are team oriented get the short stick. Like a lineman in football for example, they get hit and bust their butt each play and the QB looks good as a result. I equate it to that a bit.

I wouldn't expect a whole lot of appreciation from randoms for sure, ever.  But if you are playing with you clannies they should be a tad more grateful.  In other games I often go on a suicide mission often in order to make a hole for my team mate behind me to cap a flag or zone/altar what have you.

Sooo if no one else does. I appreicate yoru play stytle, even if I haven't played often with you in this particular game Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 154 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

Apr 29, 2013

@ P4E

I enjoyed our games this weekend; appreciate the save and heals btw. You were definitely more of the offensive threat in our games (I'm still messing around with my setup for Poseidon after the patch; plus that Hades/Zeus duo we fought was pretty tough; good hard fought games IMO). Feel free to pt up again in the future; I'm also waiting for czeuch to get online at the same time; maybe we could do some CTF runs (might start a new thread about this).

In regards to your OP, yeah... I'm seeing how being pure support can be rough. If that's the style you really enjoy than don't give up; its not worth playing a style you don't wanna play just b/c other ppl complain.

@DaBeast

Yep, I don't care about my stats either. Checked them once at the beginning and that was all heh.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 29 of 154 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Apr 29, 2013
Wow people take this way to seriously if you've had people actually say that. Sorry but idg how people take online gaming so seriously... It's. just. A. Game. Wanna be really competitive go play a real sport lol IMO
Message 30 of 154 (152 Views)
0 Likes