Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 20 2012
By: zenicpyro Lombax Warrior 95 posts

Auto God specials

[ Edited ]
8 replies 126 views Edited Dec 20, 2012

From what I've read and played, the god choices don't seem different enough.

Example: I can make a beat down Zeus character that's a better attacker than my Ares character

what if we had some kind of auto stats that automatically came with whatever god you aligned yourself to?

Example: Ares followers would automatically have +20 physical attack, while Zeus followers would automatically have +20 magic (I'm not sure how the other gods handle, but for the sake of conversation, Poseidon could have +20 health, and Hades could have +20 cooldown) and these auto-augments can upgrade with each level up.

that way, if you put the same armor and weapons on an Ares warrior and a Zeus warrior, they would still hold true to their original gods: Ares will always be the strongest attacker, while Zeus will always have magic where other players don't.

Message 1 of 9 (126 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Re: Auto God specials

Dec 20, 2012

I like that idea a lot. i agree that there needs to be something more between each alignment, though i'm sure in the retail version there will be LOADS more unique armor/weapons to each god that support their primary focus. kind of  in a way that says the more devoted your warrior becomes to that god, the more they resemble them fighting-wise or something... but i like your idea a lot!

Message 2 of 9 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you but the base stats are already different for each allegiance, pretty much exactly how you're suggesting. You can easily see this by wearing the same gear on both characters. 

Zeus has less health (75) and higher Elemental Damage (100 vs 10) and Resistance (25 vs 10)

Ares has more health (80) and higher Physical Damage (150 vs 10)

Message 3 of 9 (110 Views)
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

Well I get the impression that the final release will have entire weapon classes devoted to each god.

For example, we were shown the Ares maul in rise of the warrior, this is exclusive to Ares (and even though it's a hammer, it's proof of more separation between god choices.

but I hope they come out with a "final level" weapon for each god.

Like: when a player reaches the Max level with a god, they unlock a special weapon that isn't like any other fighting style. These weapons could be:

Zeus - the gauntlet of Zeus

Ares - the spikes that grow out of Ares' back @ the end of GOW1

Poseidon - some trident weapon

Hades - soul weapons that constantly change shape & the L1 attacks could summon souls

so that once you reach the Max level, you literally resemble you're god.

also, on the matter of resembling our gods, I want to be able to unlock armor that looks EXACTLY like my aligned god, like the "helm" for Zeus final armor can be Zeus' beard, while the "shoulder" is his gold armor along his left arm.

Ares' "helm" could be his fire hair on our warrior

Hades' body armor could make our warrior's skin look burned and have black spikes sticking out of him (the Hades helm could look the same, and our warriors face can be shrouded in fire, just like Hades)

and posidon's "chest" armor could be his cool tattoos (assuming a tattoo system gets integrated)

Message 4 of 9 (106 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Dec 20, 2012

In theory that sounds cool, but i feel like that would be like copies and copies of four characters running around. and personally what i want is a warrior unique, not looking like characters already in the game. but it is a cool concept

Message 5 of 9 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Dec 20, 2012

@Ceases - it should be more drastic. From a lot of the threads I've been on, people want a more obvious separation between the classes

Message 6 of 9 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Trojan_Man_300 wrote:

In theory that sounds cool, but I feel like that would be like copies and copies of four characters running around. And personally what I want is a warrior unique, not looking like characters already in the game. But it is a cool concept

when the final game comes out, we're going to have more control over our customization (twice as many body part armor) so all I'm saying is: we get access to weapons no other god can provide, so we can mix up the gameplay even more. And as for everyone looking the same: we only unlock the armor of our gods, we can still mix and match it with other parts from other suits whenever we want

Message 7 of 9 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Dec 20, 2012

You suggested +20 more to a stat. Currently the phisical damage is +140 more and magic is +90 more.

I'm just saying, there is a noticeable difference.

Message 8 of 9 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9791 posts

Dec 20, 2012
They already do have the "auto stats" put on the gladiator set on zeus then on aries, you'll get way more attack power with aries. I think Zeus got 300 some, while with aries I get 535

I don't think Zeus is a melee type character, infact idk what zeus is lol I've tried to play as him but I don't understand his class at all.
Message 9 of 9 (78 Views)
0 Likes