Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
376 posts

Re: BALANCE issues and COMBO damage

Mar 29, 2013
This isn't god specific, and messing up mid combo doesn't give your opponent advantage enough to kill you, they merely get to live a while longer.
Are you not entertained!

Message 11 of 22 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
376 posts

Mar 29, 2013
The sword is noob friendly because of how easily you can kill with it. It's got a high damage output and is very low risk. Doesn't matter that your options are limited as far as weapon choices, swords are hands down the easiest weapon to do well with.
Are you not entertained!

Message 12 of 22 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
376 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Never mentioned anything about being better than anyone...

Are you not entertained!

Message 13 of 22 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Swords have high physical damage output.

They're pretty predictable as well as being the weapon that procs the invicible state the easiest.

It might be easy to use but mastery is difficult.

Message 14 of 22 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
376 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Gainzwill wrote:

So?

It is L1+Sq+ sq+sq + long pres Sq+ .... ?

And I forget to say when I try those long press  launch attack , opponents stay on ground and don't give **bleep**, even though  I get jump animation  of myself  but there's no one juggle with :smileyvery-happy:

Either parry or launch with L1+sq, sq, sq, jump sq, L1+tr, hold tri, sq, sq, grapple

Are you not entertained!

Message 15 of 22 (202 Views)
Splicer
75 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Theres only a few swords that launch you, the rest being a quick AoE attack which in fact is parryable.

The ones that do launch you, are vertical swings which are easily dodged.

You dont even have to parry it..just block it.

Message 16 of 22 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Mar 29, 2013

The game isn't perfect but i think i's good like that : each weapons has advantages and flaws so it's up to your playstyle and your knowledge to deal with each weapons stuff. Now the only thing that bugs me sometimes online is the jumping triangle move of the sword : that move is super fast and can be executed extra low to the groub so you a will always interupt or trade with your opponent; but the bad ting is that you get a full combo after it since it bounces the opponent. That move is pretty ridiculous and pisses me off sometimes since it doesnt requires any skill to kill with that. The only good thing is that the move can be blocked (so parried). Watch out for that

Message 17 of 22 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Ya i know what you're talking about. I hate it to. Jump to kill crap. 

You cant hit them because they're off the ground but they can hit you.

Really unfair stuff there.

Message 18 of 22 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013

The problem with swords relative to the other two weapons is swords have better tools/moves, speed, more ways to lead into combos and or juggle, a block breaking move that has range and a wide **bleep** arch unlike the spear which has to land dead on target. Good square reach which advances the player, and a quick juggle jump triangle that seems to take priority over all other attacks while in air.

There are some other weapons that can put down a player in one combo also, the Ares Spear you can chain the l1+triangle into the l1+square, lol both moves are long and consist off alot of hits damage, and the Helios Hammer has a nasty combo with a specific God I'm not going to mention....

Hades also has a 6 hit combo that can dust a player, Hades Sword, L1+triangle, square, l1+square you're usually toast probably the easiest combo to pull off in the game, and coupled with the fact Hades cooldown is broken it needs a looking into.

Message 19 of 22 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11741 posts

Mar 29, 2013

^lol Im fairly convinced tht Helios' Hammer sucks tbh

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 20 of 22 (131 Views)
0 Likes