Dec 20 2012
By: metlgearsolid200 Uncharted Territory 1333 posts
Accepted Solution

Being able to Name your character.

28 replies 315 views Edited Dec 20, 2012

Well, the title of this post said it. I'd hate to me known as Metlgearsolid in a game such as this. I LOVE God of War and i already came up with a greek name to name my character with. it's "Dardanos"  People may tell me to just make a new PSN account, well, i would but this is my main account and i have all 5 God of War Platinum trophies on this account.  So being able to have the name Dardanos above my head wile i play would look better then Metlgear ^_^. What do you guys think about this idea?

lawl.jpg

Message 1 of 29 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Re: Being able to Name your character.

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

I think it'd be confusing because we would have to see PSN names as well as nicknames, since you need to know the name of someone's account if you want to send a message or add a friend.

Besides, you have Kratos as your avatar so it all balances out Smiley Happy

EDIT: Although now that I think about it, the name you first see would be someone's nickname, and then in the lobby you can select their character and then see the affiliated PSN id. That would work well I think.

Message 2 of 29 (314 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1333 posts

Dec 20, 2012

you make a good point. But you further added on to the idea and made it better ^_^ Still would be a good idea though.

lawl.jpg

Message 3 of 29 (309 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 20, 2012

I like this idea! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 29 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Dec 20, 2012

And also I think the nickname should be completely optional so you can just choose to have your PSN id as your only visible name.

Message 5 of 29 (287 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Dec 20, 2012

I would like to at least be able to have names that I could see for different builds, kinda like in CoD.

Message 6 of 29 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1333 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Yea just wish it could be put in. would love for Clan Erebus to have their greek nick names on them and people can see.

lawl.jpg

Message 7 of 29 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 28, 2013
It could have switching feature. In KZ3 MP you get a skill that allows you to infiltrate as an enemy player. All of your enemies see as one of them and the name above your character is different. But when you kill them, the above your character flashes back to your PSN id.

This name switching could just go on the entire match. Or, you could have a nickname and when you kill someone or get killed that nickname could switch to your PSN id so people could see who killed them or who they killed.

But leave the nicknames out of the lobby. It'll get to confusing in my opinion. Personally, I'm fine without having a nickname, but I some people will really like this idea.
Message 8 of 29 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 28, 2013

CaptainKhronic wrote:

I think it'd be confusing because we would have to see PSN names as well as nicknames, since you need to know the name of someone's account if you want to send a message or add a friend.

Besides, you have Kratos as your avatar so it all balances out Smiley Happy

EDIT: Although now that I think about it, the name you first see would be someone's nickname, and then in the lobby you can select their character and then see the affiliated PSN id. That would work well I think.

How about your clan name (if you have one) and THEN your nickname? 

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 9 of 29 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 28, 2013
We might see something like this. In early builds of the game characters had nicknames and what not and didn't show actual PSN names until you were in the lobby.

But that was way back when they had the dynamic flag flapping in the background with the names on it.
Message 10 of 29 (215 Views)
0 Likes