Wastelander
785 posts

Re: Best Buy Pre-Order

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

DJMadCow wrote:

Nice, thx DelSol! Was wondering when/if they'd announce a pre-order exclusive for Best Buy.

Walmart got an exclusive sword weapon (Blade of Judgement), now Best Buy has an exclusive hammer weapon (Mjolner)... perhaps an exclusive spear weapon for Amazon???

In case ppl are thinking "oh, there's the Leonidas spear that Gamespot is offering with their pre-order DLC." Contacted Gamestop customer service for clarification about that offer. The King Leonidas DLC is just for a skin (i.e. it is NOT an armor set or a weapon item).

Hmm thats interesting. It does say "Armor and Spear" so I would be surprised if and didnt actually come with a spear. Who knows, maybe there is no third class Smiley Tongue either way I would be happy with Sword and Hammer.

Perhaps the agent you spoke didnt have the full information. I pre-ordered from EB games for the CE.

Message 11 of 19 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1347 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

DelSol-97- wrote:

DJMadCow wrote:

Nice, thx DelSol! Was wondering when/if they'd announce a pre-order exclusive for Best Buy.

Walmart got an exclusive sword weapon (Blade of Judgement), now Best Buy has an exclusive hammer weapon (Mjolner)... perhaps an exclusive spear weapon for Amazon???

In case ppl are thinking "oh, there's the Leonidas spear that Gamespot is offering with their pre-order DLC." Contacted Gamestop customer service for clarification about that offer. The King Leonidas DLC is just for a skin (i.e. it is NOT an armor set or a weapon item).

Hmm thats interesting. It does say "Armor and Spear" so I would be surprised if and didnt actually come with a spear. Who knows, maybe there is no third class Smiley Tongue either way I would be happy with Sword and Hammer.

Perhaps the agent you spoke didnt have the full information. I pre-ordered from EB games for the CE.

They seemed pretty confident... much to my disappointment of course Smiley Sad. I asked a second time just to verify, "So that means there is no Leonidas spear weapon? The King Leonidas DLC code we get is just for a skin/costume?" Their response was "That is correct."

There was also an "edit for clarity" on the playstation blog by a senior product marketing manager at SCEA that I posted on another thread; they changed "unique combat moves" to "unique appearance and same combat moves as other spear weapons."

Source

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/24/gamestop-gets-exclusive-god-of-war-ascension-pre-order-ite...

Here's the thread I started regarding the King Leonidas DLC set vs skin ques to begin with, since different sites said different things. I was curious b/c personally I'd rather have an actual item vs something cosmetic, but to each their own.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/King-Leonidas-DLC-set-or-ski...

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 12 of 19 (225 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9819 posts

Feb 15, 2013

DelSol-97- wrote:

What's the pattern Hawk?

Don't worry about it.  Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 19 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1347 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Just thought about this. If Best Buy is getting Thor's hammer Mjolner... then how about Amazon gets Odin's spear Gungnir as preorder DLC? One can only hope lol Smiley Happy

odin_lnl.jpg

"Check out Vikings, premiering 3/3/13 only on The History Channel!"

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 14 of 19 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1323 posts

Feb 15, 2013
I'm going to send Just-Tank a question.

What if you Pre-Order the Collectors Edition? do you get ALL these Exclusives with it?

lawl.jpg

Message 15 of 19 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I just want Collector's Edition but it seems that Poland is treated as "3rd world" country....

photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Message 16 of 19 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2304 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Carrioner wrote:

I just want Collector's Edition but it seems that Poland is treated as "3rd world" country....

You could order from the US or possibly UK for the bonuses, but you wouldn't be able to use the US DLC without a US PSN account.

Message 17 of 19 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Feb 17, 2013
Pre ordered from Best Buy today, mostly do to I am a game club member and get $20 gift certificate with any pre order and then purchase. The Hammer is icing!

I play for Fun, Life is too Short
Message 18 of 19 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
461 posts

Feb 17, 2013

THUNDERxCRUSH wrote:
Pre ordered from Best Buy today, mostly do to I am a game club member and get $20 gift certificate with any pre order and then purchase. The Hammer is icing!

It's US ;/

I need PAL or it wont work (NTSC)

I will ask in near shop will they be getting it from Amazon for example. If yes then I'll get it from them if not I will just pre-order it myself although I don't like the idea of going to the  counter and post specially since I closed all my bank accounts

photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Message 19 of 19 (120 Views)
0 Likes