Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 05 2013
By: xripurjeansx Lombax Warrior 140 posts

Beta Reception

12 replies 395 views Edited Jan 5, 2013

Just wanted to Gauge everyones reaction to this game and see how you all feel about it. I personally found the beta to be insanely fun and the best thing to have ever happen to the god of war series. I will be buying the game just for the online alone it's so good. What did the rest of you think of it?

Message 1 of 13 (395 Views)
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Re: Beta Reception

Jan 5, 2013

Its very very addicting. If they adress som e of the more abuses, and more features are added to the beta (wink wink), then I will do something I have not done in years.....preorder. :smileysurprised:

Message 2 of 13 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jan 5, 2013

I'm not that big into online gaming. There are very few games that have a multiplayer fun enough that I'll actually play it. This is gonna be one of those games.

Message 3 of 13 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Jan 5, 2013
It's fun, but really lags at times.

I'd enjoy the game a lot more if the lag wasn't so crazy. It's hard to decide how to make balance changes when you have no idea if what's happening on screen is intended or lag.
Message 4 of 13 (379 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jan 5, 2013

xripurjeansx wrote:

Just wanted to Gauge everyones reaction to this game and see how you all feel about it. I personally found the beta to be insanely fun and the best thing to have ever happen to the god of war series. I will be buying the game just for the online alone it's so good. What did the rest of you think of it?

I feel the same, the game is fun as is although there is an insane ammount of cheesy pros, I am actually good with the game being the way it is tho. Often the developers release updates that completley ruin the multiplayer. I rather have it playable, but semi agravating the way it is now then regret it later. With uncharted, that game was plagued with bad updates that catered to the crybabies which ruined the game.

Message 5 of 13 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7583 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Played a few mins of it at my friend's house and from wat I plyed it wuz really fun. Just wish I could get a Beta invite so I could play it some more.

Message 6 of 13 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013
I personally LOVE this Beta...it is extremely addicting and fun and seems to have a nice bit of depth to it.
I do hope some of these issues mentioned throughout this forum are addressed and there is even MORE depth in the final version. THis way I can have a couple months of distraction while I await "The Last of Us" :smileyvery-happy:

Goldhawk1 wrote:
It's fun, but really lags at times.

I'd enjoy the game a lot more if the lag wasn't so crazy. It's hard to decide how to make balance changes when you have no idea if what's happening on screen is intended or lag.

Right...mot games seem to have some sort of system that accounts for lag...that is, what you see is consistent so you KNOW what you pullled off or got hit with, even if lag makes the resulting damage different. This way, you can see what you're doing at least what is going on or SUPPOSED to go on without having to guess if it was a lag issue.

I don't know if I'm making sense here but the idea is, lag is gonna exist. But a consistent representation on screen of what is going on would benefit this game greatly.

Message 7 of 13 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 20, 2013
@chickenbonetom

The PS Blog just put a universal code out so any PSN user can download it and join the mayhem. One of our great forumers was kind enough to post this info in another post. :smileyhappy:
Message 8 of 13 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I love it. There are clearly issues that need to be resolved but overall I thoroughly enjoy the MP. In the long run the game rewards the actual better skilled players with is what I feared might not happen. Sure some items, weapons, armor, etc may give you the edge but I've found the better player wins most of the time. 

More brutal kills please. 

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 9 of 13 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I think it's fun, but the rampant kill stealing is quickly ruining it for me. I also don't like being the only one on my team going for objectives, that happens a lot.

Message 10 of 13 (289 Views)
0 Likes