Thanks Goldhawk1!

Glenn Fiedler, 

Lead Network Programmer @ Sony Santa Monica

Message 21 of 103 (223 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Re: Beta feedback roundup thread.

Dec 17, 2012

Have to first say that this has been my first opportunity to participate in trying out a beta version of any game, so I'm stoked just to be here :smileyhappy:

That being said, I'd have to echo seeing much of what has already been covered in the way of technical issues, i.e.  combat inconsistencies with the hammer and ring-outs happening amidst the chaos. Maybe I'm missing something but it would be nice for all players to have a way to "break" a combo (sans an item or add-on of some sort), as it seems that I often get caught by someone in  a chain of hits without any shot of recovering. I do also hope that there will be a more detailed leveling-up process with more unlockable items, armor, weapons, etc. in order to keep things interesting. 

I'm I'll be able to come up with more intelligent suggestions for improvements to make as I get to play more, but all in all I've had a blast so far. The multiplayer has been much more fun than I anticipated and I look forward to what's next!

Message 22 of 103 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Hi guys, first of all your beta ROCKS! Caught me pretty much off guard how awesome and addicting it is.

The issue that's been bugging most is when I play against some players that for some reason are unaffected by my attacks! I try launching them in the air from 0 range, but they won't launch, I try grabbing them while they sprint, but they just attack me somehow, I try using magic on them but they virtually ignore whatever I throw at them, but when they attack, not a single launch or grab goes unaccounted for...

I'm guessing this has to do with connectivity, but still this gives a big unfair advantage to people with bad connections...

Message 23 of 103 (202 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 18, 2012

I like how I can barely read anything on my SDTV.

Message 24 of 103 (188 Views)
God of War Developer
24 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Armor unlocks/customization/weapon variety

- The amount of weapons/abilities and armor in the beta is a small percentage of what's intended for ship. Specifically the athena sword/cerberus sword are a small sampling of support style weapons, of which we have a lot more of.

- The allegiance levels and amount of leveling is a tad mis-leading, because we're holding back several weapons and armors but keeping the levels for testing purposes. This is why it might feel a little empty/lack some depth towards the end as well, in terms of unlocks.

- Further visual customization such as tints for armors, etc is also an intended ship feature.

Grapple/Tether / R1

- In terms of being hard to land should hopefully be addressed to a large degree in the next patch. There were several issues with latency (above a certain latency, it would just fail) as well as just a general lack of accuracy in terms of when you can grapple/when you can't. Let us know what you guys think after the latest patch, we'll continue to address it.

General Balance/Zeus Magic/Ares Magic, etc.

We're still working on balancing out the magic use for both allegiances (and the other two for release!) Right now Zeus definitely has some advantages, especially in the gaining magic department, through relics. Ares is very limited in many ways, and the starting magic is still a little under powered.

The zeus lightning probably took too big a hit last tuning pass, only the higher levels will pull players in (which is why it feels inconsistent, most likely) 

There will definitely be many passes/tuning changes to come on all that stuff - I can assure you guys. Hopefully we can get in shortly, but by release we will have done a great deal of refining, mostly thanks to all of your guys feedback!

We really appreciate your guys patience and feedback as we work through these issues. 

A lot of features such as party system, voice chat etc are right around the corner as well.

- Vince Napoli

- Multiplayer combat designer

Message 25 of 103 (170 Views)
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Dec 18, 2012
Goldhawk1 has done a superb job covering the pros and cons, although I prefer the hectic nature of things and am not having ring out issues. Looking forward to the tuning next patch brings. If I may point out one thing though, it's synergy issues that may effect balance. Face a player in full Skorpion gear with a Hammer of Zeus and you'll get the gist. this combo is not just potent but can tie up a team a tad too easily with its multiple vacuum effects. While not rampant as of yet I've seen a few players using the combo and it bears looking in to balance wise. Keep up the good work guys.
Message 26 of 103 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Dec 18, 2012

thanks for the update  teclisen31! there's not too much more i can add to that list, ill just wait for the next patch and go from there..

Message 27 of 103 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

Multiplayer is GREAT. Hands down the most unique multiplayer experience I've had in years.

I'm hoping for the capability to customize your character in game. Would ease alot of the "OMG OP" complaints. Enemy player keeps spamming Zeus magic? Slap on your Morpheus gear. Getting hammered by physical damage? Equip the warrior armor.

Also, any chance of having a "practice mode" versus computer controlled opponents? The tutorial had an AI enemy so I figure it would be great to play custom games with them to try out new strategies or newly unlocked weapons.

Message 28 of 103 (134 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
415 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Dec 19, 2012

We're working on a number of different ways to improve the tutorial. Adding a practice mode is a high priority for us given the Beta Feedback, but so are a number of other important areas everyone is providing. We're assessing is the best update I can provide right now. Either way, we will be improving the tutorial and working to make that accessible at any time.

The customization you're seeing in the Beta is just the tip of the iceberg with what have implemented for the full game, with all 4 allegiances. We're sparing no epic expense, it's gotta be deep, strategic, and worthy of the God of War name. We're getting there.

Keep bringing the feedback. I sent a round-up to our entire studio yesterday with the key points, everyone is listening. We have a short, but long road ahead and will make sure we get the most important fixes and improvements in.

Cheers,

Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Message 29 of 103 (117 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 19, 2012

carnifex49 wrote:

Enemy player keeps spamming Zeus magic? Slap on your Morpheus gear. Getting hammered by physical damage? Equip the warrior armor.

Except you can't tell what other players are going to do whiile you are customizing your gear, and both of those armors leave you vulnurable to the opposite of what the protect you from ie. Morpheus armor has nearly no physical defense and warrior has no elemental defense 

Message 30 of 103 (103 Views)
0 Likes