Apr 23 2013
By: DJMadCow Uncharted Territory 1314 posts

Boss/map ideas for Trial of the Gods

[ Edited ]
12 replies 899 views Edited Apr 23, 2013

I've seen some ppl mention ideas on other threads which included existing MP maps:

- Oracle chamber map, boss - Castor and Pollux

- Daedalus labyrinth map, boss - giant crystal scorpian (similar to the one you fight in GoW3)

- Bog of Forgotten map, boss - Stheno

Another possibility could be a map set in the Realm of Death; for the boss battle Thanatos could unchain Deimos and you end up fighting him. When you beat him, for the cutscene it could look like you're moving in for the kill but instead some winged demons would fly in, grab Deimos and drag him away screaming while in the background you hear Thanatos laugh and say "How disappointing Spartan."

Any other ideas?

Apologies if someone already started a thread like this; I couldn't find one so decided to make one.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (899 Views)
Last Guardian
11564 posts

Re: Boss/map ideas for Trial of the Gods

Apr 23, 2013

I think there is one somewhere....hmm lol i like the ideas!

btw I challenge you!....to join me in 2v2 sometime today :smileyhappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (896 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1314 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 23, 2013

Poseidon4ever wrote:

I think there is one somewhere....hmm lol i like the ideas!

btw I challenge you!....to join me in 2v2 sometime today :smileyhappy:

Haha, cool sounds good. Will be on later today :smileyhappy:.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (881 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Apr 24, 2013

I first mentioned the idea in my post a while back. Love the ideas. Excellent!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (846 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1314 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

Had another idea for a map/boss:

How about a Sparta city map which is under attack by monsters. You actually run through different parts of the city fighting these monsters as you go along. However as you fight, the city continues to be damaged enough so that the Spartan king starts sending in his soldiers to fight you as well (since you're part of the problem too).

In the final round, you actually fight a large phalanx of soliders with the Spartan king looking on. Once you've beaten all the soldiers, you and your teammate move in toward the Spartan king but then a spear lands in front of you as you leap back out of the way. You see a warrior walk up and grab the spear; it happens to be General Kratos of the Spartan Army, before he became the servant of Ares. He's the boss and his weapons could be a shield and spear with moves possibly similar to the Arms of Sparta from the game GoW Ghost of Sparta.

Once you beat him, for the cutscene you actually get to kill him but then the body vanishes, as you then hear a woman's laugh and look up. The laugh is coming from the Spartan king, who actually changes form to Tisiphone! The surrounding city also changes and you see that you're actually back in the Hecatonchires prison with the other Furies Megaera and Alecto looking on as well, smiling at the performance you have just put on for them while Tisiphone continues to laugh... don't you feel like a chump lol.

I know this is probably too much to ask for, but I thought it would be a neat concept.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (827 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1926 posts

Apr 30, 2013

lovin the spartan city idea ,kudos ma man  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (818 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Apr 30, 2013

lol I like the spartan city idea, but yeah I think it is alittle too much.

I would love it if they made a map of rhodes and you fight the colossus. An the objective is to pull out the blade of olympus to kill the colossus.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (814 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1314 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

Had another idea for a map/boss:

How about a Rome Colosseum map with an actual crowd of ppl in the stands that react to how you do (for example you could hear a cheer when you execute a brutal kill; or maybe a gasp when either you or your partner gets stunned). Perhaps some hazards could be setup in the arena as well (ex. flaming coals that light you on fire and stun you if you touch them). 

There would be 4 gated doorways on the walls of the arena which come into play when you reach the final round (for the other rounds you basically fight the monsters that spawn). In the final round however, you face the boss right away... one of the gated doorways opens up and you fight a gladiator who is aligned to a specific god and fights using their style:

gated door 1 - Ares gladiator (emphasis on physical attacks)

gated door 2 - Zeus gladiator (emphasis on magic attacks)

gated door 3 - Poseidon gladiator (emphasis on physical defense)

gated door 4 - Hades gladiator (emphasis on stealth)

When you beat one gladiator, another gated door opens up and you fight another gladiator representing a different allegiance. The boss of this map will be all 4 gladiators each representing one of the 4 gods, which you fight one after the other!

What makes this battle unique is that the order in which the gated doorways open up will be random. For instance, in one match you could fight the Ares gladiator, then the Poseidon gladiator, then the Zeus gladiator, then lastly the Hades gladiator... but in another match the order could be completely different. The battles will be challenging but not overtly difficult, plus you'll get a decent time bonus after beating each gladiator ( maybe 45 sec-1 min?).

If you beat all 4 gladiators, then for the cutscene you'll see you and your teammate raising your hands/weapons in triumph before the roar of the crowd, as they throw roses onto the stadium floor... if you lose then perhaps you and your teammate will will just stare at the ground sulking while the crowd boos you and throws garbage (ex. rotting food) onto the stadium floor... either way you'll get to enjoy a cutscene lol :smileyvery-happy:

Again, not sure how practical this would be, but I think it could be an interesting concept.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (792 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

May 1, 2013

That's a pretty wicked idea. Kudos for the detail put into it. The story crossing with the multiplayer sounds rad.

photo 6e5ea368-f52c-4a8a-92c3-d6fa88712326_zpsb5ad9824.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (779 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
889 posts

May 1, 2013
NO NO NO... This is ancient GREECE, not
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (769 Views)
0 Likes