Highlighted
Splicer
72 posts

Re: By the gods I hate it when they run.

Mar 25, 2013

The grapple system needs to be tweaked. Players who are sprinting and have their backs to you need to be able to be grappled from a longer range. Fixes that issue real quick.

Message 31 of 53 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 6, 2013

It is easier to "win" in this game by running and objective-whoring than fighting, which is the exact opposite i would assume you would have to do in a fighting game and is even more reason why people want a 'hardcore' mode. I'm getting mighty tired of all this... RUNNING!!!

I guess Hermes tricked the other gods into thinking Altars and Chest etc. people running around like sheep would be a good idea and watching people do objectives=fun. I guess Ares was not there to express his opinion when they decided what kind of entertainment they would arrange for themselves with the 'favoured champions' they chose among mortals.

Heres something to read.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/There-should-be-a-evade-and-...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/Sprinting-Again/td-p/4004031...

Message 32 of 53 (129 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 6, 2013

I'm so glad this game is not about kill whoring.....it's about winning and objectives. Guess what....the combat is only one piece of a larger puzzle. I'll admit it.....at first i was super aggressive....but their r "teams" or packs that travel together now....so ya. If i see that shiznit i run.  I don't test the waters or take my chances. If i see 3 guys in one place that means they r not watching something else. My chance to cap. In match of champions???? why r u running? the maps r small....ur gonna die. Don't a wimp. Just get it over with. In Favor though....run like the wind. Increasing the grapple cause ur **bleep** some guy escaped u....that's just rediculous. A bad player....is a bad player. If he comes back and beats u....ur the one to blame...not him. Finish them. Kill or be killed....thats the name of the game.  Plus there is a respawn timer....the longer ur out in an objective game type....the easier it is for the other team to win. This is not cod or halo....kills really don't matter much in the major game types.

Why do i have to enter my b-date when ur gonna bleep me anyways?
Message 33 of 53 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

Apr 6, 2013

No matter which game mode (thought worse in large maps) running happens all the time. Youre glad this is not about kill whoring and then you state "Kill or be killed....thats the name of the game. " Ok which is it?? A God of War game that does not prioritize killing, i guess i know now what went wrong.

Sometimes other player come to aid the one getting killed allowing them to escape, so it is not always possible to finish them, thus failing to see why i would be a bad player. And killing other players keeps them away from objectives, so to me that seems like an effective way to play, more fun than running around collecting chests and capturing altars (seriously... altars... what a bore).

Message 34 of 53 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 8, 2013
God Of War = has always been about killing and revenge, so why "hate" it? Combat has always been the main thing keeping me playing these games (Storyline also).
Message 35 of 53 (86 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

Apr 8, 2013

I don't mind if people run if they are at low health or being attacked by multiple enemies, it's the right thing to do. What I really hate is when someone with FULL HEALTH runs away from a fair one on one fight with you for as long as it is possible until they find some teammate, magic fountain or world weapon, even if I am not at full health.

signature.jpg

Message 36 of 53 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

They get away because you let them get away. Staying alive to deny you favor is legit. THIS GAME ISN'T 1V1. People tend to forget that.

Message 37 of 53 (68 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

Apr 8, 2013

It just feels like the person has no sense of honor when they run from a fair fight to get backup (if the have full stats). Sometimes you can't just "let" them run away because they start running before you even get close. You are screaming "let's fight" because this is what really makes the game fun and exciting and they just run... I'm not saying you shouldn't play the objective or play as a team, just  "STAND, FIGHT WITH HONOR", just like you can hear when you die.

signature.jpg

Message 38 of 53 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

Rafa_psc wrote:

It just feels like the person has no sense of honor when they run from a fair fight to get backup (if the have full stats). Sometimes you can't just "let" them run away because they start running before you even get close. You are screaming "let's fight" because this is what really makes the game fun and exciting and they just run... I'm not saying you shouldn't play the objective or play as a team, just  "STAND, FIGHT WITH HONOR", just like you can hear when you die.

Totally agree with you. this is a brutal fighting game, why to evade the thing that make you play the game?!?!

Maybe adjusting how much favor you get form opening chests/objectives in certain modes will be the way to stop this coward thing of running like hell.

I mean, normal points in 4v4 matches, half in free for all matches or 2v2 matches.

Message 39 of 53 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Apr 8, 2013

sNsReal wrote:

Rafa_psc wrote:

Totally agree with you. this is a brutal fighting game, why to evade the thing that make you play the game?!?!

Maybe adjusting how much favor you get form opening chests/objectives in certain modes will be the way to stop this coward thing of running like hell.

I mean, normal points in 4v4 matches, half in free for all matches or 2v2 matches.

Why would i stay and get killed when i can just as easily run away and get favor for my team?

Honestly they way I play, i only fight when i must- Because i hate the combat. Its simply unfun with Ares people who can one hit you soo easily. I just capture altars, open chests, set traps, and kill those with low health, or who i am forced to fight. Its a strategy.

And you know what? I am pretty much always top score in the match, because i care enough to help the team, rather than kill people for my own gain. Why should i stop running and winning- Because you want to kill me? I wonder how that excuse would work in a real war scenario.

Message 40 of 53 (53 Views)
0 Likes