Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 14 2013
By: gaul51xx Hekseville Citizen 279 posts

CO-OP???????

9 replies 203 views Edited Feb 14, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9iYoxWkrKQ

what is this??? look at 5:32

This has to be co-op right? Also Anyone notice the graphics look very different then beta ?????

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Re: CO-OP???????

Feb 14, 2013

It does seem rather odd that they'd sort of "tease" this co-op concept without implementing it in some form or fashion. That brief clip is fairly contextual...lady goes on to say "what is this? co-op? Then you join the arena where 6 others are waiting which is an important way to introduce the multiplayer..." (paraphrased)

Still it makes one wonder if that bit of a tease will be foolishly overlooked by the developers...Co-op is a huge and largely untapped arena in multiplayer gaming. It's scary to think that we've ZERO about a potential co-op mode in this game...but SSM has managed to stay hush-hush about the ENTIRE game for the entirety of its development so hopefully this is just that one last reveal waiting to happen to throw everyone's excitement into a fever pitch before release...?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Omg Co-op would easily get this game game of the year. its just to danm good at that point. Multiplayer, Online Co-op survivor, and epic single player and nothing will touch this game. That footage easily shows that it is possible. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2250 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Remember the initial multiplayer footage that showed two players battling each other and one dying before even entering the stage with everyone else? I think that was done away with.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Feb 14, 2013
The last mode is likely to be co-op, yes.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
785 posts

Feb 14, 2013

I would rather have another gamemode than co-op. You can only do so much in co-op.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Well gold I hope you are right. And another game mode would be cool aswell. But co-op horde mode could be insanely epic in GOW. Fun as hell with your friends. Think about it.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Feb 15, 2013
I disagree with del sol because survival coop would be insane, he replayability on that with friends would be awesome. And we already have 3 modes to kill other people, i dont think we need more favor of the god modes. Its the same thing.mthey defiantely need a change up and get coop. To be honest, they need to make a 30 wave survival mode and every 10 levels would be a boss which gets harder and harder, the last boss shold be next to impossible to beat unless u have pure skilled players with u so its not just button mashing. And if you succeed you get a special armor to wear so u can show it off to other players sp they know u beat it.

I dont think that video was showing coop, if u hear correctly she starts off by saying it makes u think your in single player and then someone jumps in so you think its a coop game, but then after you beat the boss you go into the main arena where 6 other people are waiting for u. I think that was just made up for the big launch announcment for people who were involved in watching the actual game play. It was just to throw them off of what to think. But lets keep our fingers crossed and hope the last mode is coop.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Feb 15, 2013

lol hope is not enough.....I NEED TO KNOW

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

I really do wish there is co-op. Like Tank_610 said another multiplayer game mode is just a variation of "kill people". Team favor is pretty much Domination and King of the Hill combined, or seperated depending on the maps. Co-Op would indeed be awesome.

On a side note, some of the dev videos pretty much confirmed AI grunts (Satyrs, Gorgons, etc) in multiplayer. Whether this means an actual co-op mode or just AI in the maps is something we'll have to wait to find out.

HOWEVER, based on the footage it seems that the secret mode is a co-op/versus hybrid where you can't directly kill your opponents but use the environment to prevent them from completing the objective, which is to kill as many monsters as possible.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (102 Views)
0 Likes