Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 18 2012
By: PLYMCO_PILGRIM PlayStation MVP 49161 posts

Call To Action for the Beta Community: Beta Guide!

[ Edited ]
8 replies 221 views Edited Dec 18, 2012

Hi everyone.

We are going to have more and more people entering the beta in the future and I think it would be really helpful if we had some sort of general guide to the game.  Just to explain the basics.   I'll post up a general outline and maybe all of us can fill it in together.  

If someone out there is highly creative and energetic and wants to make a whole new guide on their own please feel free to do so and post it either here or in a thread of your own creating. 

I definately need everyone's help to do this so I hope you all want to help.  

Message 1 of 9 (221 Views)
PlayStation MVP
49161 posts

Re: Call To Action for the Beta Community: Beta Guide!

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012
Message 2 of 9 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1958 posts

Dec 18, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Hi everyone.

We are going to have more and more people entering the beta in the future and I think it would be really helpful if we had some sort of general guide to the game.  Just to explain the basics.   I'll post up a general outline and maybe all of us can fill it in together.  

If someone out there is highly creative and energetic and wants to make a whole new guide on their own please feel free to do so and post it either here or in a thread of your own creating. 

I am by no means the person to create one because of how I play lol  but I will help were help is needed. 

http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/terms-and-conditions/

Twitter: @TryceUp

EOR

USN 04-08
Message 3 of 9 (202 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 19, 2012

I just played my first match today. I would love a guide. I'm still not sure what I am doing.

Message 4 of 9 (174 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 19, 2012

do not let the work of your staff to the players, who do not receive $ with nothing .. we simply help improve the game to have more fun with it so

Message 5 of 9 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Dec 19, 2012
Seems a terribly negative and selfish stance if you ask me. A beta isn't just about allowing you a glimpse at what's to come. It is, literally, about helping the Devs improve the project. 

Anyways, I'll try and write up a rough draft to a guide in my spare time, however it is a rare commodity for me. I'm more likely capable of helping in a brainstorming session in regards to what should be included in said guide or even in-game Tips (during load screens perhaps?)
Message 6 of 9 (140 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Dec 19, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Hi everyone.

By the players. For the players!

Message 7 of 9 (129 Views)
PlayStation MVP
49161 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Barbosa157 wrote:

do not let the work of your staff to the players, who do not receive $ with nothing .. we simply help improve the game to have more fun with it so

I'm not a sony or santa monica employee nor do I get paid to post here.  I'm just a beta tester and PS3 gamer like you.

My name has the red trophy symbol because I post a ton trying to be helpful and run community events sometimes so sony invited me to join what they call the sony MVP Program.  

I wanted to do this for people like myself who may be missing parts of the game that are very important (for example how the magic or armor menu stuff works).

Message 8 of 9 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

I made a very detailed post in another thread but I'll copy and paste it here:

I made this in another thread as a response because they didn't know how to play the game, just ignore the "as you know, what you might not know" it's not an insult. 

As you know:

Square - light attack

Triangle - Heavy attack

Circle - Kick

L1 + Square - Special 1

L1 + Triangle - Special 2

R1 - Grapple

L1 - Block

L1 + X - Parry (if hit with a light attack you stun the opponent)

Some that you might not know:

Hold Triangle (short) - Launch enemy into the air which can allow you to grapple

Hold Triangle (long) - Launch enemy into the air and jump to follow them

Hold Square (sword) - Quick attack. At least, that's what Aries sword does. Other swords might do something different

Hold Square (hammer) - Ares hammer charges up the hammer with flames, causing a DoT to the enemy (damage over time) Not sure if it actually works though.

L2 - Magic.

Magic you need to obtain from MP fountains, you don't start out with any MP what so ever. I believe after 1.07 one fountain only gives you 50% MP, so be careful when trying to rely on magic.

Red halo over the opponent means you get a brutal kill which you don't have to do anything but watch.

Sometimes you can get hit and get slammed against a wall and it'll ask you to push a button or move the analog stick in order to escape.

Team favor of the gods weapons -

Hammer - Allows you to hit the opponent and send them flying, can hold for extra damage

Boots of hermes - Makes you run a lot faster and if you push L1 + O you hit your opponent and send them into the air.

Favor of the gods weapons -

Spears - Throw a bunch of spears with O

1H sword - Attack very, very fast with a 1h sword, doesn't seem to do much damage.

Blades of Chaos - insanely powerful, pretty cool though actually.

favor of the gods also contains the other two weapons.

Traps - In order to USE a trap walk up to it and push L1. In order to SET a trap hold L1 until you see your team's emblem over the leaver. To DISABLE traps set by enemies, run up and PUSH L1.

Escaping traps - When you near a trap you'll feel the controller vibrate. You can step on the trap, but if you do immediately jump out in the direction you need/want to go in order to spring the trap but take no damage.

Dessert of lost souls - There's a fast travel option down on the bottom floor of the dessert of lost souls, it's a green orb sitting in the back, if you jump and push R1 it'll spring you up near the HP fountain.

When someone is climbing a wall, you can push R1 to throw them back down to the ground.

Evading will allow you to dodge enemy's attacks, but only use them for heavy attacks because it will leave you WIDE open.

During a light combo, be careful when getting the final hit. In the combo, your enemy can block/parry you before you finish your combo, because in the combo there's a wide window in which you can get taken advantage of. Becareful when attacking and make sure to use it a lot when being attacked.

Also, with the above information you can swap out the final square with a triangle (heavy) attack...meaning if they are preparing to parry before your combo ends, you'll hit them with a heavy attack which will break through their parry or block.

I don't have much info on zeus because I don't use him but that's what I can think of now.

Oh, and I'm not sure, but I think armor sets have a bonus, as in if your helmet/top/pants are all the same name you'll gain a bonus. I only saw this happen once...I have all gladiator armor on and I got an extra 7 HP, but when I took the set off to see what I could possibly get as a bonus for other sets of armor, I lost that 7 HP and could not get it back.

Message 9 of 9 (119 Views)
0 Likes