Apr 25 2013
By: ps_plyr Lombax Warrior 101 posts

Can't Play Online ( Would Like a Response From Anyone in Contact with Devs )

20 replies 154 views Edited Apr 25, 2013

I haven't been able to play online matches since saturday even though i have entered the match making screen everyday hoping to play.

Leaving the console for up to 45 minutes before finally giving up each time.

I've realised that even though the lobby i'm in may fill up and the map  shows up indicating i'm about to be taken to a match, i'm promptly kicked from the lobby and back to the matchmaking screen again... and that cycle has been continuing ever since saturday

So obviously this issue is preventing me from playing any matches online and i'd like a response from anyone in contact with the devs about this issue ( which was likely caused by the 1.04 patch )

Message 1 of 21 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Re: Can't Play Online ( Would Like a Response From Anyone in Contact with Devs )

Apr 25, 2013
Ive had the same issue but it doesnt take 45 mins... im in a lobby, the countdown ticks to 1 then im kiked out the lobby. Happens a few times then I get into a match
Message 2 of 21 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Re: Can't Play Online ( Would Like a Response From Anyone in Contact with Devs )

Apr 25, 2013

RICH_ARD_SMOKER wrote:
Ive had the same issue but it doesnt take 45 mins... im in a lobby, the countdown ticks to 1 then im kiked out the lobby. Happens a few times then I get into a match

thanks for your reply, but that isn't the case for me though, the cycle i describe is constantly stopping me from entering matches

either i'm stuck in the lobby or if it finally fills up and the map shows up i'm kicked

so as i said i haven't been able to play since saturday

Message 3 of 21 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Apr 25, 2013
bump... i would like a reply from anyone associated with the dev team who can help...

also i'm pretty sure that i can't be the only one having this problem
Message 4 of 21 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Is your Nat type 2 at least? Wireless? Universal Plug and Play enabled on your modem router?

Message 5 of 21 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Apr 25, 2013

FieryCaptain wrote:

Is your Nat type 2 at least? Wireless? Universal Plug and Play enabled on your modem router?

Yeah I''ve talked to a couple people who have NAT type 3 and have problems playing MOST games online and this one especially has a hard time connecting you to a game.

Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Status or Connection Test

I don't know much about UPnP though I have less issues now that I've been able to get mine to say "Available" instead of "Not Available"

Also a wireless connection, especially one that isn't super fast, will receive intermittent signals and can hurt your connectibility to games.

Message 6 of 21 (91 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 25, 2013
It sounds like a connection issue - if you have really really bad latency, it does seem that it will kick you when the countdown would start in the lobby. Also, the same effect would likely occur if you were in a party with someone who had a bad connection, especially if they lived very far away from you.
Message 7 of 21 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Apr 25, 2013

SirCrush wrote:

FieryCaptain wrote:

Yeah I''ve talked to a couple people who have NAT type 3 and have problems playing MOST games online and this one especially has a hard time connecting you to a game.

I don't know much about UPnP though I have less issues now that I've been able to get mine to say "Available" instead of "Not Available"

Also a wireless connection, especially one that isn't super fast, will receive intermittent signals and can hurt your connectibility to games.

I have NAT Type 3 since last thursday on my PS3 for some reason (I was always NAT type2 with random 3's every now and then) but I'm wired, it hasn't really hindered me at all when playing, it takes longer but I do find a game and have been able to play with some of my friends (though not with others), I don't know if it's my PS3 or my Internet, can you check NAT type on the 360?

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 8 of 21 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Apr 25, 2013

SovereignSky wrote:

SirCrush wrote:

FieryCaptain wrote:

I have NAT Type 3 since last thursday on my PS3 for some reason (I was always NAT type2 with random 3's every now and then) but I'm wired, it hasn't really hindered me at all when playing, it takes longer but I do find a game and have been able to play with some of my friends (though not with others), I don't know if it's my PS3 or my Internet, can you check NAT type on the 360?

What router or modem are you using? Model number included...

Message 9 of 21 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Apr 25, 2013

FieryCaptain wrote:

SovereignSky wrote:

SirCrush wrote:

FieryCaptain wrote:

What router or modem are you using? Model number included...

I have a modem/router/wi-fi all in one, it's Thompson TG782

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 10 of 21 (76 Views)
0 Likes