Reply
Highlighted
Jan 20 2013
By: d1v4d Fender Bender 4062 posts
Offline

Capture The Flag- Team Work/Suggestions

[ Edited ]
6 replies 161 views Edited Jan 21, 2013

Just some ideas to promote team work, something that is missing in team-based game modes, unfortunately.

 

----

 

Escort/Defending: If a friendly picks up a flag, there should be a faded aura around them indicating that you have to be within that aura to gain 'Escort Points'. If you escort a friendly flag bearer all the way back to your flag and they score, that is when you will recieve the points (to prevent hiding and just farming favor). Defending can be done the same. Every 15 or so seconds while in the vicinity of your flag, you will gain favor. As it stands now, defenders gain nothing and usually have to work their a** off. Give them something for their hard work.

 

Flag Bearers: Disable magic while holding the flag. It becomes incredibly cheap, as Ares' Inferno or Zeus' dash can bring you more than half way across the map. I don't think I need to explain further.

 

Flag Brutal Kill Animations: Maybe something like decapitating the enemy and sticking their head ontop of the flag spike? (we all enjoy the gruesome stuff). Be creative.

 

Flag Jumpers: Players with the flag can jump constantly, which ridiculously increases their speed. Lower the distance and speed of the jump (flag bearers only). As of right now, they only move about 5% slower than a sprinting player, and you can't even grab them (which I never understood). Friendlies should be protecting you, so outrunning a normal player while you have the flag doesn't make sense at all.

 

However, this is my favourite game mode as of right now. Incredibly fun, if you have a competent team. 

 

----

 

Also, if you guys can visit and leave suggestions on my "Fire Trap" thread, I'd appreciate it. Smiley Happy

 

Thread: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/Fire-Traps/td-p/39338995

 

I'm really trying to push the whole team work thing.

Thanks!!!!

 

 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 1 of 7 (161 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/10/2013
Offline
274 posts
 

Re: Capture The Flag- Team Work/Suggestions

Jan 20, 2013

Because of the favor system in this mode , I prefer TFOG. If defenders got some respect and points for doing that job I'd much more appreciate this mode. I'm in favor of generating some active points for defending but might cause inactivity or camping problems for those not really wanting to work at XP.

Good ideas , we just need something to keep the leechers from using this and just sitting/standing by the flag.

Message 2 of 7 (146 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/07/2011
Offline
4062 posts
 

Re: Capture The Flag- Team Work/Suggestions

Jan 21, 2013

^Yah I didn't really think that through fully. It's just kinda dumb how my defenders work their a** off and get nothing for it. I thought that was a little unreasonable.

 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 3 of 7 (137 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/19/2012
Offline
296 posts
 

Re: Capture The Flag- Team Work/Suggestions

Jan 21, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

^Yah I didn't really think that through fully. It's just kinda dumb how my defenders work their a** off and get nothing for it. I thought that was a little unreasonable.


The same thing happens in team Favor.

 

Let's say I'm already in the area of said Capture point, my team is holding it, if I score a kill near it no points are rewarded my way reflective of the objective score. But if I let said offender cap the point then I re-cap I get rewarded objective score, doesn't seem right to me... Especially in that game mode where it based solely on POINTS that win the game.

Message 4 of 7 (121 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/07/2011
Offline
4062 posts
 

Re: Capture The Flag- Team Work/Suggestions

Jan 21, 2013

FieryCaptain wrote:

d1v4d wrote:

^Yah I didn't really think that through fully. It's just kinda dumb how my defenders work their a** off and get nothing for it. I thought that was a little unreasonable.


The same thing happens in team Favor.

 

Let's say I'm already in the area of said Capture point, my team is holding it, if I score a kill near it no points are rewarded my way reflective of the objective score. But if I let said offender cap the point then I re-cap I get rewarded objective score, doesn't seem right to me... Especially in that game mode where it based solely on POINTS that win the game.


That's what I wanted to mention! Thanks, and I totally agree. Hopefully they fix things up, because I'm not seeing team-based scoring at all; yet 2 team game modes exist (as of now).

 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 5 of 7 (112 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 12/31/2011
Offline
461 posts
 

Re: Capture The Flag- Team Work/Suggestions

Jan 21, 2013
If you should get any points for escorting then not only for escorting all the way. If I would die wile escorting someone and that person managed to capture the flag I still did my job and if I won't get any cing of reward then next time I won't bother.

Even 10 points would be nice like "spot assist" in Battlefield
 photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Message 6 of 7 (104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/07/2011
Offline
4062 posts
 

Re: Capture The Flag- Team Work/Suggestions

Jan 21, 2013

Carrioner wrote:
If you should get any points for escorting then not only for escorting all the way. If I would die wile escorting someone and that person managed to capture the flag I still did my job and if I won't get any cing of reward then next time I won't bother.

Even 10 points would be nice like "spot assist" in Battlefield

But then people would just camp while they farmed favor. It's a tough situation.

 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 7 of 7 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes