Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Re: Capture the Flag Feedback

Jan 3, 2013

This mode is all about team work, you need a good team and also a good chemistry between the members of the team. That's why SSM should backup the clan system for GoW, be able to work with people you know and know how they play.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 95 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jan 3, 2013

DeathLocus wrote:

CTF is great, but when its 3 vs 4, its almost impossible to win, or even capture one flag.

Btw, what's the point of favor in CTF, just letting players know how well they did (such as favor from kills)?

Favor is like your experience right?

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 95 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Mics are a must!

Jan 3, 2013

Okay, just played a bunch of rounds of CTF and while I love the concept, I can't help but think that this mode would definitely benefit from mics. Team Favor would too, of course, but this particular mode seems especially suited to team tactics. 

Not being able to communicate, I can't tell you how many times I was ganged up 3v1 or even 4v1 at times...and nobody on my team seemed to want to try and actually capture a flag.  I'm assuming this happened a few times because people on my teams quit or lost connection, whatever may be the case, but it was frustating. Being able to communicate strategy would be invaluable.

They were mostly running around and picking fights. And when someone on the team captured a flag they wouldn't bring it back to base, just run around.  I mean, one guy on my team got a flag, then proceeded to just jump around in the air while I helplessly looked on, trying to coerce him to go to our base.  I probably just got some bad draws, but it didn't leave a good taste in my mouth. 

I know it's early, so not everyone understands the concept, but like I said, we need mics for this.

On a positive side, it did seem as though combat was smoother...this may just be because I had been away for a week, but dodge and grapple did definitely feel smoother.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 95 (268 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Capture the Flag Feedback

Jan 3, 2013

Having Problems Connecting to any type of match!

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 95 (264 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jan 3, 2013

I've played about 10 to 12 CTF matches sofar and wow yes mic would so be a must for this.  you get a team deffending the flag and a noob sits thier hitting the burn lever killing you with friendly fire and the grapple seems to work different its not as easy to grapple someone running away anymore it looks like im just putting my weapon away everytime.  yes the hammers spawning more often are great good way to help clear out a team to capture a flag.  And the boots spawning down below dont really help much for where the action takes place.  Love the concept of CTF but please put that communication update in.  One other thing it may be the lag but i have to just pray i get a parray because it dosnt seem to be working right either.  Still some balancing needs to be done with the weapons and Armor.  Or unlock another god that can equal zeus's regenerating magic for teams all the time.  Its Beta so Im sure it will all be worked out and Tweaked.  Loving it sofar but missing TFG.  CTF is all out war.  LOVE IT!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 95 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
785 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

Just played a match where an enemy could not be killed nor hit and he was able to go around killing both teams. Twas annoying 

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 95 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Just had a few matches that were much better than earlier.  Still enjoying it, but I think I prefer Team Favor.  Keep up the good work guys!

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 95 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 3, 2013
ugh so far not feeling it.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 95 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jan 3, 2013

So just played a match where its 3v4 and its to lop sided. CTF is fun when there are even teams and everyone works together but its to hard when your down one person. I think the server should stop finding people after it has 6 or make sure it always gets 8 players at the start of the match. If anything have people be able to jump in mid game, any help is weclome in CTF. I feel in this mode there is more occurences for people to run into each other and start battling. So thats why it becomes very hard for the team when there one man down. The only way I can see a 3v4 working is if the server new how to match the 3 best players to one team and lower players to the other. Even still thats a up hill climb.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 95 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 3, 2013
quick impressions:

map dynamic is a mess. no one even goes to the lower section unless it's the bonus map.

disabling everything while carrying the flag is a big, big, big mistake. can't sprint, can do ****! there's only one thing to do and that is to abuse the right analog stick.

**bleep** it just turn the freaking offscreen player name indicators OFF! who proposed this crap?! we've got enough trouble capturing the flag let alone telling the person who's about to go away to "hey come back because someone is approaching your flag behind your back!" i mean are you ******** me?

can't we just hold a button instead of mashing the circle? same goes to the Spear of Olympus. it is both annoying and just a waste of time. does it really matter how fast you mash the buttons or just how many times you've pushed it or what? because i've tried mashing it with my all and just mashing it above-average speed yet the flags come off almost the same time. just get rid of all the mashing. geez.

there's still something off about 4v4. either the map is too small, or there's just too few people. an absence of one person makes so big a difference it's not even funny. just having that one extra person is HUGE. SM better do something about this. if it needs to tone down all the special effects that no one cares about after their first few matches, then do it just so we can have a higher player count. 4v4 is spread too thin. a full 4v4 match makes the map too small. a 3v3 makes the map too big.

i don't know the thinking behind "your map needs to be on your altar for you to score" kinda thing. it's hard enough to make your way to the opponent's flag, to mash buttons to capture it, to dodge your way throughout the whole mess only to have your green flag taken away from you so now you have to dodge your way until your team takes down the thief. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? add the fact that there are offscreen indicators which means all the other 3 will be on your **bleep** and no one's there to protect you. UGH.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 95 (197 Views)