Apr 02 2013
By: hourglass-timer First Son 8 posts

Chargeable weapons

15 replies 350 views Edited Apr 2, 2013

I'm not sure I see the difference when they add 'chargeable' upon leveling a weapon. Lets say for instance Ares Spear, they say 'chargeable' with L1+square; I press the square longer, but I don't see any effect and it's lot like the hammer of Helios that you can charge with just holding square...any tips?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Re: Chargeable weapons

Apr 2, 2013

I have run across a weapon or two where "charging" it yields no noticeable difference but the vast majority do. The Helios Hammer "charge" is a different form of the word charge lol You apply a charge to it for its desired result. Other weapons, holding the L1+[] or /\ will charge an attack, eventually unleashing for usually more damage.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4315 posts

Apr 2, 2013

I haven't noticed much difference either and some flat out don't do anything.  But, on most of those weapons, I think the later ranks are where it may come into play.  Unfortunately I can't say if that's the case since I usually give up on them well before that happens.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (327 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Apr 2, 2013

do we see a change in the attack animation or it's the same and they just do more damage? for those that I tried to 'charge' with holding the l1+square or L1 triangle longer, I didn't really notice something different.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Apr 3, 2013
Better idea= 1 shot kill weapon!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4315 posts

Apr 3, 2013

thesupertman wrote:
Better idea= 1 shot kill weapon!

Get out of here. 

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4315 posts

Apr 3, 2013

hourglass-timer wrote:

do we see a change in the attack animation or it's the same and they just do more damage? for those that I tried to 'charge' with holding the l1+square or L1 triangle longer, I didn't really notice something different.

Generally just holds the animation longer and should be more powerful.  I don't recall any animation change.  I think it's the Cerberus blade where you stab it in the ground and it creates a flame hazard.  If you hold it down, it creates more hazards and reaches further.  I'd have to be on to check if this falls into the "chargeable" category.

I know with Zeus' lance it says it's chargeable but I didn't notice much difference aside from duration (and even that I'm not certain on).

----------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Apr 3, 2013
The Sword of Zeus says that it's L1+S is chargable, I've tried different methods of charging it but I haven't noticed any difference, MAYBE the length of the silence lasts longer but I honestly can't say for sure.
--------------------------------------------------
"Can you stand on your head?"

photo SparklyKitten3.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 3, 2013

The chargeable weapons are broken. Only ones that work are the ones that were in the beta. This has been reported in the bug thread.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 6, 2013

Ares Lance,description says you do L+triangle when you are in "flametrhower"mode L+square,but if you do L+triangle it does the special attack so this is confusing how its meant to work

Spear of Ares (L.9) rank 3,L+square it says chargeable but is
not.L+triangle may burn enemies(i have not yet seen it working)

Ares sword (L.25)L+triangle it says it now burn enemies bu i dont see it working.(rank 3) AKA flame dot.

Hades maul (L.25) L+it says chargeable but does not charge.L+triangle increased duration of concussion not working.(rank3)

Zeus sword (L.25) L+square it says chargeable but it does not charge.(rank3)

Zeus spear (L.9)L+triangle second attack should silence enemies but it does not.(rank3)

Zeus maul (L.25) L+square gain additional final lightning slam(rank3),its the same as always nothing has changed from rank 1 to rank 3.

Poseidon spear(L.9) Rank 2 says chargeable and some extra damage and healing,healing works but no charge nor extra damage.

Poseidon maul,im not sure if this is meant to be like this but i find it odd that if i stack attack power,elemental power or even keeping zero both of those,special L moves seems to do exact same damage with no difference at all.To me it looks like the L specials are "locked" and you cant boost its damage.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (212 Views)