Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 24 2013
By: elite-predator26 Splicer 50 posts

Choosing a GOD!!!

28 replies 307 views Edited Jan 24, 2013

I don't know if it is just me, or other people in the community have the same motive. In the beta you were allowed to switch between the two Gods (Zeus and Ares) and I understand that because it lets people get a feel between the two and can pick which one they like, however when the final product comes out I think that once you pick one god you should just stick with that one forever. My reasons for this is because if you choose one god, play the game and see that another could be stronger in a certain area I find that people will switch to the stronger God, however that's not the case, each god is stronger in their own way, and depends on the player whether or not he/she succeeds. Therefore, once you pledge an allegiance to a God you should stick with that one for good 

elite-predator26-okia photo EP-okia_zpsc5dc3e5a.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Re: Choosing a GOD!!!

Jan 24, 2013

But if people disagree with this idea, I have no problem with switching between gods (though I find it unfair) however, IF they were to do that id like to have some sort of Punishment for leaving that certain god after they chose to stand by them. I find that it would give the player more thought on whether or not they want to switch.

!!!!!!!PLEASE PUT INPUT!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (303 Views)
Sackboy
458 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

Here's my problem with the whole switching of the Gods between rounds...

I start a match as a lvl 2 Ares, it matches me with other similar lvl people and we fight.  We go back to the waiting screen then I switch over to my lvl 25 Zeus, guess what...  I'm still with those lvl 2 and 3 guys and when we come out with the next RD, I murder them with great ease.  I seen it happen, the game doesn't re-calculate lvls once you're with a grioup based on lvls unless people leave and force the game to add more players.  It's a pretty easy "cheat".

I think that if you change your God, it should automatically kick you out of the current waiting list and match you accordingly.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (298 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Yea that would be a better solution, because it is unfair to the lower levels, and i am all about challenges so i hear you on that note, however i still think that its kind of unfair with the whole switching gods. Or the can do it like Mag where once you create your charcter i.e S.V.E.R, if you want to make another one you have to pay to create another profile (God choice)

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Jan 24, 2013

elite-predator26 wrote:

Yea that would be a better solution, because it is unfair to the lower levels, and i am all about challenges so i hear you on that note, however i still think that its kind of unfair with the whole switching gods. Or the can do it like Mag where once you create your charcter i.e S.V.E.R, if you want to make another one you have to pay to create another profile (God choice)

I've never played MAG so I'm not sure if by pay you meant $$ or in-game point system.

I see why they let you choose between them, they want you to experiment and get the chance to play with different abilities and enjoy the game, but it does kinda devalue the whole "choose a God" deal in the beginning.  If you can just hit R2 to change, then why even choose in the begining?  It's pretty meaningless.  Maybe you won't be able to in the final version, could have just been a beta thing.

Like I said, if you switch Gods, they need to kick you out and set you up with similar lvl people though, that's an exploit, plain and simple.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Jan 24, 2013

VanillaBeast wrote:

elite-predator26 wrote:

I've never played MAG so I'm not sure if by pay you meant $$ or in-game point system.

I see why they let you choose between them, they want you to experiment and get the chance to play with different abilities and enjoy the game, but it does kinda devalue the whole "choose a God" deal in the beginning.  If you can just hit R2 to change, then why even choose in the begining?  It's pretty meaningless.  Maybe you won't be able to in the final version, could have just been a beta thing.

Like I said, if you switch Gods, they need to kick you out and set you up with similar lvl people though, that's an exploit, plain and simple.

Yea by pay i mean $$ like only a buck or two, but itsnt still something right. You do have a point though where you say that they want you to experiment and enjoy every gods power, I already thought of that before putting this comment up, but with being able to swithc whenever you want, like you said they might as well not make the whole choosing God deal so huge (going to olympus and all that) but imo when i choose Ares, im never gonna switch right, because thats the type of game style i love (physical) and i wouldnt want to explore, when i pledge... i pledge lol

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 24, 2013

I hope it's much more strict. They shouldn't have made "CHOOSE YOUR ALIGNMENT" so exciting if you could just simply switch between Gods by pressing a button...

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

What I think is that they should raise the level cap and you should be able to prestige, and once you prestige you can get a token to pick if you want to "change your alliance and keep your level" or spend it on something else really special like tattoos or something if this happened I would play more than I already did.. it really bugs me how you can just switch your allignment with the click of a button but maybe it was for the betas sake... cause I thought the choice at the start of the game was a really big one cause then I couldnt switch after then I figured out i could press R2 and L2 to change and it made me feel a little less speacial.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

Aaron_4262 wrote:

What I think is that they should raise the level cap and you should be able to prestige, and once you prestige you can get a token to pick if you want to "change your alliance and keep your level" or spend it on something else really special like tattoos or something if this happened I would play more than I already did.. it really bugs me how you can just switch your allignment with the click of a button but maybe it was for the betas sake... cause I thought the choice at the start of the game was a really big one cause then I couldnt switch after then I figured out i could press R2 and L2 to change and it made me feel a little less speacial.

Look around m8

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/Level-Cap-Your-thoughts/m-p/39357897#M8414

As long as it's not so easy to switch between Gods, I agree. 

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Here are my thoughts on this subject.  I don't think it is unfair because everyone can actually do it. When they have the invite feature in place I know I plan on leveling my friends up if I can , so if we are at different levels the lobby it puts us in will be hodgepodge any way. ( unless they make it search by party leader then only your party would be different levels )

Also if you feel that it is a player and not the God then why do you feel it is unfair to let them switch? Anything specific other than just personal preference?

The way they did the beta was it was almost like having another champion ( save what you unlocked (I think)) So you had to start over your levels.  I would have a problem  if they could do it in match because they level up differently but between matches I don't see the issue.  They didn't have the option to see others levels  so we aren't even sure it was matching players based on anything but throwing them in the lobby. ( in final could be connection, region, levels, or any combination (or none) ).

I wouldn't disagree with them having to do something extra to make the switch though. The idea of spending your skill points or some sort of token to change isn't a bad idea. People aren't going to know right off hand if they want to stick with a certain God until the test a lot of things.  Maybe a let you get each god to level 5 then make you choose your allegiance for the duration of the game or if they do put in the Legacy/Prestige option.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (238 Views)