Fender Bender
4062 posts

Re: Choosing a GOD!!!

Jan 24, 2013

rachelnlucas wrote:

Here are my thoughts on this subject.  I don't think it is unfair because everyone can actually do it. When they have the invite feature in place I know I plan on leveling my friends up if I can , so if we are at different levels the lobby it puts us in will be hodgepodge any way. ( unless they make it search by party leader then only your party would be different levels )

Also if you feel that it is a player and not the God then why do you feel it is unfair to let them switch? Anything specific other than just personal preference?

The way they did the beta was it was almost like having another champion ( save what you unlocked (I think)) So you had to start over your levels.  I would have a problem  if they could do it in match because they level up differently but between matches I don't see the issue.  They didn't have the option to see others levels  so we aren't even sure it was matching players based on anything but throwing them in the lobby. ( in final could be connection, region, levels, or any combination (or none) ).

I wouldn't disagree with them having to do something extra to make the switch though. The idea of spending your skill points or some sort of token to change isn't a bad idea. People aren't going to know right off hand if they want to stick with a certain God until the test a lot of things.  Maybe a let you get each god to level 5 then make you choose your allegiance for the duration of the game or if they do put in the Legacy/Prestige option.

Yeah that's something I'd like. A sort of "punishment" for swapping between Gods. It'll be tough to think of a way, but simply swapping (demonstrated in the beta) doesn't seem very 'loyal'.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 11 of 29 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

thats an amazing idea so at first until your level 5 you can switch back and forth between gaods to see which one you like better than aft that you have to prestige amd get prestige tokens if you want to change to another god after that "IT'S PERFECT!!"

Message 12 of 29 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Aaron_4262 wrote:

that's an amazing idea so at first until your level 5 you can switch back and forth between gaods to see which one you like better than aft that you have to prestige amd get prestige tokens if you want to change to another god after that "IT'S PERFECT!!"

YEA!!! The whole being able to change God only from lvl 1-5 is an amazing! Idea Smiley Very Happy BUT I still don't agree with Aaron_4262 because your still implementing the idea of switching Gods...And if anything spending ALL that time and effort prestiging with one god, wouldn't you want to get some kind of reward for doing it instead of getting just a token that you save up and then use it to start off all over again???

elite-predator26-okia photo EP-okia_zpsc5dc3e5a.jpg
Message 13 of 29 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Jan 24, 2013

check my prestige post...

Message 14 of 29 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Jan 24, 2013

I just agree with d1v4d, as long as there is no simple way of switching Gods, im fine and dandy. Though with the whole prestige tokens. It would be better if you have an option to use it for your guy or save up for another god..Now that will give them something to think about.

elite-predator26-okia photo EP-okia_zpsc5dc3e5a.jpg
Message 15 of 29 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 24, 2013

I hope what they put in the full release touches upon this topic...

Message 16 of 29 (131 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Very interesting idea. I do agree that it will make choosing one God alliegence a BIG DEAL if u are not able to change. But also people also like variety. Just like other games where u can start a new character to see the other classes and abilites. But I do think that it was purely a Beta testing thing that allowed you to switch. But doing something to level out the players per loyalty lvl is nice too since then if u were like lvl 20 u will not go into a match vs lvl 1-5 people. People with lower lvl can still own people with higher loyalty thou like the Zeus loyalst can own Ares players if the Ares players have low to no elemental resis. Cant wait until the launch. Im good with both. If u have to stick with one fine. If u can switch cool (either by gaining something extra or watever i.e. token or what not).

Message 17 of 29 (126 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jan 24, 2013

I think if u reach all level cap on all gods u can pledge to kratos lol that be awesome

Message 18 of 29 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Jan 25, 2013

How About Before You Begin The MP You Are Given 5 Empty Slots For 'Saves' And You Pick Any1 At All And You Choose Your God To Align Too ?

For Example;

God Slot 1: Hades-Aligned Warrior Save

God Slot 2: Empty God Alignment

God Slot 3: Ares-Aligned Warrior Save

God Slot 4: Empty-Aligned Warrior Save

God Slot 5: *Reach A Certain Rank To Unlock Hidden God Empty-Aligned Slot*

The L2 & R2 Triggers Would Be Taken Out And Replaced With Something Else Usefull .

And If A Warrior Wanted To Play As A Different Alignment He Would Simply Just 'Exit' The Current Alignment Via The Main MP Menu, And Choose Instead Another God-Alignment Slot Save.

As d1v4d Pointed Out, Choosing A God-Alignment Should Be Very Important And Not Be So Easy To Switch At The Press Of A Button .

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 19 of 29 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 25, 2013

stripesmarine wrote:

How About Before You Begin The MP You Are Given 5 Empty Slots For 'Saves' And You Pick Any1 At All And You Choose Your God To Align Too ?

For Example;

God Slot 1: Hades-Aligned Warrior Save

God Slot 2: Empty God Alignment

God Slot 3: Ares-Aligned Warrior Save

God Slot 4: Empty-Aligned Warrior Save

God Slot 5: *Reach A Certain Rank To Unlock Hidden God Empty-Aligned Slot*

The L2 & R2 Triggers Would Be Taken Out And Replaced With Something Else Usefull .

And If A Warrior Wanted To Play As A Different Alignment He Would Simply Just 'Exit' The Current Alignment Via The Main MP Menu, And Choose Instead Another God-Alignment Slot Save.

As d1v4d Pointed Out, Choosing A God-Alignment Should Be Very Important And Not Be So Easy To Switch At The Press Of A Button .

This system reminds me of MAG. Which is fine by me. The whole "swear your loyalty" will be destroyed if they keep this "R2 L2" business.

Message 20 of 29 (98 Views)
0 Likes