Survivor
2327 posts

Re: Collector Edition 48-Hour XP Boost Fixed + XP Boost Rate Update

Mar 22, 2013

I redeemed my Collector's Edition code on Wednesday the day after the game came out (13th).

There is no 48 Hour XP Bonus on the PlayStation Store. It shows Add-Ons 3 and then it immediately changes to 2 so there is something glitched with the store.

No XP Bonus shows up and my CE code only redeemed as a 24 Hour code.

Message 11 of 36 (608 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2327 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

I called Sony and they basically said the network is in bad shape and numerous games are having issues along with trying to get everything functioning on the store.

People can't even get the store to load or they can't get online and the girl I spoke to said they're constantly going in and out of maintenance.

The rep told me that she can see the 48 Hour XP Booster in the store on her end but she thinks the store is glitched for consumers and she isn't sure why it's not showing up.

I had a 48 Hour XP Booster from GameStop and I don't want to be screwed out of my Collector's Edition XP Booster simply because they can see I had a 48 Booster in my list when I should have had one from each.

Message 12 of 36 (600 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
674 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Just went to the PSN Store...48 XP booster is there, but I can't download it, because it says I already did. Which is a lie. I downloaded my 48 XP booster when I got my CE copy and was informed that I had a 24 hour booster.

More work to go, SSM people. This is getting old. Trying to be patient.

Message 13 of 36 (588 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Mar 22, 2013

DaBeast151 wrote:
The exp bonus for the eu player would have kicked in automatically when put in your dlc code.

If this is true then I was f$#king robbed because because there was a maintenance or other crap and I couldnt even play multiplayer.

I have a video as a proff

PlayStation Network is currently undergoing maintenance

2013_3_19_1_11_35 - file name which mean 19.03.2013 11:35AM

photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Message 14 of 36 (575 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1497 posts

Mar 22, 2013
Yeah it's annoying because we weren't told. It should have been a separate dlc

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 15 of 36 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Mar 22, 2013
Update:

My XP Booster did show up and is working as intended. Now if only I could get in a match....
Message 16 of 36 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
674 posts

Mar 22, 2013
So...an hour after things still aren't working, they announce a game challenge. Where are the priorities?
Message 17 of 36 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Mar 22, 2013
well i have the CE edition eu but it said when redeeming code 24h double xp not 48 and avatar collection. gow dynamic theme and gow ascension OST and when getting the rewards for rise of the warrior they r excellent btw:-D but it said 72h double xp but r only 25% xtra so why say double if u dont mean it?
Message 18 of 36 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

I got the GS boost, the (US) CE boost and the RotW boost, so I should've had a whole week of bonus xp starting Saturday, including Tuesday when the network was out anytime I tried to get on. Not sure if the first 2 bonuses worked but the RotW one seems to be bugged. I think it was working fine until PSN updated, so that may be related somehow. I'm guessing because I don't know the normal xp rate but I was getting an average of 1500 xp per TotG match before the update and now I'm getting about 500 average. You guys really should've included a timer that we can turn on/off so we don't waste so much of the time. You guys also should've been more up-front about the details of these boosts as far as how much of an increase it's supposed to be and for how long.

Edit: Under further examination, I realize I forgot to account for xp from labors, which seems to be the reason (or at least part of it) behind the inconsistency in the amount of xp I've gotten. 

-----------------------------------------

Just_Tank said:

XP Boost Rates ------

We have seen a number of users comment that they are not receiving 2X Double XP Boost, and receiving a lesser rate. The 2X Double XP Boost was a unique special for the European Collector Edition only. For North America, the rate is less than 2X, but is still accelerated for that time period.

------------------------------------------

Well, GameStop was advertising it in NA as a 48 hour double XP boost, so if that wasn't the devs intentions, they should talk to GameStop about their misleading advertising before they get both parties sued for false advertising. 

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 19 of 36 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Mar 22, 2013
Mine is region 3, asia version, no soundtrack, no avatar, no 48 hrs xp booster, no dynamic theme, only got those mythological heroes and blade of jugdement. Who should I seek help? Please help us hardcore asian GOW fans.
Message 20 of 36 (221 Views)
0 Likes