Mar 22 2013
By: SILVERX200 Survivor 2330 posts

Collector's Edition 48 Hour XP - Complete lock-out for having GameStop Booster

[ Edited ]
11 replies 282 views Edited Mar 22, 2013

Stick that knife in a little deeper Sony. It won't allow me to download the proper XP Booster from my US Collector's Edition because Sony already sees a 48 Hour Booster from when I redeemed my GameStop Champions Pack. My CE code only gave me 24 Hours.

I'm owed a proper 48 Hours XP Booster from my Collector's Edition, and this was a stupid idea putting all the DLC from the game under the Services List.

This is not fair for those of us who spent the extra money and did not receive content we paid for. It's just the principle of consumer respect.

God of War 003.JPG

God of War 003.JPG

Message 1 of 12 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Re: Collector's Edition 48 Hour XP - Complete lock-out for having GameStop Booster

Mar 22, 2013
That's just some BS. I've only redeemed my DLC from the Collector's edition. I've been too scared to redeem my pre-order DLC and ROTW DLC siting all of the problems people have posted about it. And who da h e l l though it was a good idea to compile all the DLC into one code?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Ultimate Edition of GOW3 had separate codes in it for all of its DLC cause I never downloaded the soundtrack, but I downloaded the other pieces of content.

And while it is the principle of respect from your point of view, it the subject of a class action suit from mine. This whole multiplayer aspect of this game has been botched right out of the gate. False advertising is a huge "NO NO".
Message 2 of 12 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
490 posts

Re: Collector's Edition 48 Hour XP - Complete lock-out for having GameStop Booster

Mar 22, 2013

You know what I think about the level of DLC issues this game is having...

TooDamnHigh

Message 3 of 12 (256 Views)
Last Guardian
11799 posts

Mar 22, 2013

^ am I the only one that thinks his beard.....quite frankly makes him look like he has a pair of balls on his face.....just sayin lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 12 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

There would be much less confusion over the subject if SSM were more up front with it from the beginning. And there would be less aggravation for both parties if the xp booster codes had been separate from the content codes. Less aggravation still if they had timers we could turn off so we didn't waste so many hours with other things like sleep and work. They've made this whole thing a much bigger pain than it had to be for everybody, including themselves. PSN server problems the other day didn't help, but that's not SSM's fault.

Thankfully, I haven't had much problems other than trying to figure out this xp boost. Got all my codes and they all worked (TBD on PSASBR code, which I'm waiting to use til I get the game), Sound in SP was fine, music is almost inaudible in MP but sound effects seem ok so far (only played 1P TotG so far), had some visual problems once but a restart at last checkpoint fixed it, it froze my system once  early on but nothing since, SP seems to have button sync problems (which can be a big problem in some spots due to heal/decay, swinging and sliding) and I had more problems with Aegeaon eating me than the infamous Trial of Archimedes.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 5 of 12 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2330 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

Just--Tank, I've already called Sony yesterday and they said it was nothing more than a store issue but this obviously isn't the case. I am unable to download the booster simply because they already see my GameStop Booster under the Services List. This needs to be rectified.

Message 6 of 12 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
674 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Same thing happened to me. It says I already have the 48 hour booster when I only got 24. SSM is really screwing the pooch with this. I love the MP, which makes all the various issues even more frustrating.

Message 7 of 12 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Mar 23, 2013

I don't think I was getting my double xp I think the only reason I was getting more exp. at release date was because of the uncompleted labors I get to 2500 now without the xp boost, I want my double xp to level up my weapons at least.

Message 8 of 12 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
626 posts

Mar 24, 2013

is there a fix for this yet or in the works? I too am unable to download and get my 48 hour xp from my CE due to the gamestop pre order bonus as well. This was the topic that came up when i did a search.

Please link me to the correct thread about a fix or who to contact please to get this resolved. 

Thank you.

Message 9 of 12 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2330 posts

Mar 25, 2013

All they're going to do is tell you to contact Sony Support. That was the stickied thread by Just--Tank or whatever link gypsy posted.

Anyway, I contacted Sony AGAIN last night and I was supposed to be sent an email directly which never came. They also had me send them an email with the service report number, and they wanted me to include a picture of my receipt (GameStop doesn't give you a receipt when ordering online, only a return slip from UPS) and I had to take a picture of the Collector's Edition Voucher front and back including the code.

They told me it would take a few days to receive a response, but I gave them all of the information over the phone including the voucher code and the email with the pictures.

Message 10 of 12 (162 Views)
0 Likes