Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 01 2013
By: SILVERX200 Survivor 2265 posts

Combo Yo-Yo'ing

27 replies 414 views Edited Apr 1, 2013

If stunlocking wasn't bad enough I'm getting sick of combo yo-yo's where you are stunlocked, launched in the air by an attack, grappled while you're in a fly back animation and have another combo immediately.

You can't block because of the damage animation of you flying back and there is no out from this. The more annoying part is being yanked back to be stunlocked again resulting in your death. I had a Poseidon player doing this with the Maul of Poseidon.

It seems like the first magic with the ice shards was his preferred way of setting it up but he also did it with regular combos. My heavy attacks and L1+triange attacks were also being blocked and parried. That should not be happening.

Message 1 of 28 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
418 posts

Re: Combo Yo-Yo'ing

Apr 1, 2013

I 100% agree with the last part, I've also noticed in some situations my L1 triangle specials being blocked

is there like a special armor, item, or relic that blocks against this or something else cause in one match I was going up against someone who was constantly blocking my L1 triangle attacks and I instantly got combo'd after from being left vulnerable, I tried hitting it off from different directions even when he wasn't defending against me and still nothing, wth.

gowtheartofwar.webs.com
GET READY TO TASTE YOUR OWN BLOOD!

Message 2 of 28 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Apr 1, 2013
Whats your allegiance & build? I've been in these situations before but if you've already used item not much can be done to counter except anticipating when this guy tries to initiate, evade & own
Message 3 of 28 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2265 posts

Apr 1, 2013

MADatARMS wrote:

I 100% agree with the last part, I've also noticed in some situations my L1 triangle specials being blocked

is there like a special armor, item, or relic that blocks against this or something else cause in one match I was going up against someone who was constantly blocking my L1 triangle attacks and I instantly got combo'd after from being left vulnerable, I tried hitting it off from different directions even when he wasn't defending against me and still nothing, wth.

The only time someone should be able to block a heavy attack or L1+triangle is when they're using an item to shield them or give them an invulnerable state. That would be the obvious thing but it simply isn't the case when I find people blocking in a normal state.

There are just so many things broken with the gameplay that allows for an absurd amount of exploiting and spamming.

Message 4 of 28 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2265 posts

Apr 1, 2013

m0usju1c3 wrote:
Whats your allegiance & build? I've been in these situations before but if you've already used item not much can be done to counter except anticipating when this guy tries to initiate, evade & own

I was using Ares with all Fury Armor and the Blade of Ares. The problem with the item and magic is that they can continually be interrupted during the attacks because the attacks have priority. I tried using my Item but the animation never happened and it got wasted simply because of the stunlocking.

My Item is Eye of the Wolf (Rank 2) and I had the relic for +25 attack on tether (All of Ares Relics seem pretty crappy) and I'm using Ares Inferno (Rank 3).

Message 5 of 28 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
418 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2013

m0usju1c3 wrote:

I believe my allegiance was Poseidon at lvl. 20 or 22

battle armor of Poseidon (upper) lvl.3

battle armor of Poseidon (mid) lvl.3

armor of artemis( lower) lvl. 3

with minotaur hammer lvl. 3 

relic of frost, item salvation of Atlantis, and magic Poseidon s crest, all at rank 3

not sure what he had for his build, all I know is that he played as Ares at around my lvl., and  everytime I hit him with L1 triangle there was no effect and thats the first time its ever happened to me in a match, but I have played with "glitchers" or "hackers" so that could had been the issue who knows

gowtheartofwar.webs.com
GET READY TO TASTE YOUR OWN BLOOD!

Message 6 of 28 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Apr 1, 2013
I'm the Poseidon player that provoked this forums creation. Dude is just mad because I whooped him, repeatedly.
Message 7 of 28 (375 Views)
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Apr 1, 2013
I wasn't blocking or parrying any heavy attacks for the record so I don't know we're you came With that. Does everyone feel the need to **bleep** and moan when someone beats them. Adapt its not hard, there are ways around what I was doing, all I did was take advantage of your reckless aggression and counter you.
Message 8 of 28 (371 Views)
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Apr 1, 2013
PS: the dude rage quit and left his team high and dry
Message 9 of 28 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2265 posts

Apr 1, 2013

That was after your repeated spamming and then me being assaulted 3 on 1 on the top of the bonus box on the Chain of whatever it's called.

It's easy to say you weren't doing something when you clearly were. I can take a loss under any circumstance but constant exploiting and stunlocking ruins it for everyone but you. I didn't see anyone else on your team doing those things.

Funny how you came online and just happened to see Combo Yo-Yo'ing and posted in this thread knowing it was you who was doing it.

Message 10 of 28 (365 Views)
0 Likes