Jun 21 2013
By: gRaphiK-_- Lombax Warrior 175 posts

Combos using block?

28 replies 393 views Edited Jun 21, 2013

Ok maybe i'm an idiot but lately i've been seeing combos posted by SSM in their weapon threads and also by other players where they block during the combo... now wouldn't this cancel the combo and make it not a combo? or does it reset the combo not knocking them into an i-frame? or is it simply used for timing purposes i.e hit block before inputting the next string so you don't input to early?.. and i'm assuming these are placed at intervals within the combo where the opponent is in a stunned or bounced state or couldn't they just evade/block break?  

Any input is appreciated, but please make sure it is confirmed input, i'm not really interested in why you THINK it's placed into the combo, i need to know WHY and WHAT it does from people that actually use and  take advantage of it. 

Message 1 of 29 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
11799 posts

Re: Combos using block?

Jun 21, 2013

on the contrary, it cancels animations to extend combos Smiley Tongue

for example, on the spear

- jump tri, sq, sq, block, sq ,sq

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 29 (388 Views)
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Poseidon4ever wrote:

on the contrary, it cancels animations to extend combos Smiley Tongue

for example, on the spear

- jump tri, sq, sq, block, sq ,sq

hmm how exactly does canceling the animation extend the combo, are you canceling the second sq animation before it connects or immediatly after? PM me if you don't want to publicly post secrets lol. I'm intrigued. (is it similar to using O in the hammer/spear infinite loop combo?)

Message 3 of 29 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11799 posts

Jun 21, 2013

it is the same principle. you do it so fast that the enemy just keeps bouncing XD you must be fast tho or it wont work. if you had hit sq sq sq there would be a finishing sweep, but by blocking, you reset and are able to do two more square attacks as if you had never hit them Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 29 (379 Views)
Splicer
75 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Then jump slice sq sq block sq sq thing can turn into a never ending combo? (not really a combo but still)
Message 5 of 29 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11799 posts

Jun 21, 2013

no i was only talking abt spears....but swords have a lot of stuff like that im sure.....ask the Nice Guys for help with those

Message 6 of 29 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Then with spears it can be an infinite combo?
Message 7 of 29 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Poseidon4ever wrote:

it is the same principle. you do it so fast that the enemy just keeps bouncing XD you must be fast tho or it wont work. if you had hit sq sq sq there would be a finishing sweep, but by blocking, you reset and are able to do two more square attacks as if you had never hit them Smiley Happy

ahh I gotcha thanks this explains it perfectly, it's not a true combo "reset" it just cancels the games premade sq,sq,sq combos etc. Thanks P4E Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 29 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Jun 21, 2013
I do it a lot with my hammers as i feel is more effective. For example Parry S,S, L1(cancel) S, S, R1. Its really good to keep poseidons locked in combos. You could be creative and experiment as I got a whole list of Hammer combos I would be willing to share.
Message 9 of 29 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11799 posts

Jun 21, 2013

@blame

not infinite, but long and effective Smiley Happy

@gra

no prob!

@ charles

id love to hear it Smiley Happy i SUCK with hammers