Sackboy
365 posts

Re: Combos using block?

Jun 22, 2013

nico-chirry_no1 wrote:

ThaRawDeal wrote:
Using block is one way to do that sequence, but you can accidentally activate your special that way. I prefer masterful timing over the block cancel because even if I don't get the extended juggle I will still get some additional damage without the risk of leaving myself open because I whiffed a special attack.

no bro if u dnt press L1 after the first set of squares ,the next set will put him in the invincibility state and u cant follow up with another attack ,same with swords aswell

If you watch some of my spear vids you'll notice I do it all the time. I think the first time people noticed was in my Spear of Hades 100% combo vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCCA5nFdt3s&list=PLSaeyLXCEoLlz0hnldeaNPY0S8Qp8TQdD

Are you not entertained!

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 29 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
400 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

which key combination you use to do it?
if I press jump, O, square, square, L1 (block) and then square it always makes me special attack

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 29 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11079 posts

Jun 22, 2013

u need to let go of block b4 hitting sq again :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 29 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Jun 22, 2013

I would also indeed enjoy hearing some good hammer combos. I LOVE hammers lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 29 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

Jun 22, 2013

So much i want to reveal in this thread, but have worked too long on this video to spoil it.  I will release it soon.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 29 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1907 posts

Jun 22, 2013

ThaRawDeal wrote:

nico-chirry_no1 wrote:

ThaRawDeal wrote:
Using block is one way to do that sequence, but you can accidentally activate your special that way. I prefer masterful timing over the block cancel because even if I don't get the extended juggle I will still get some additional damage without the risk of leaving myself open because I whiffed a special attack.

no bro if u dnt press L1 after the first set of squares ,the next set will put him in the invincibility state and u cant follow up with another attack ,same with swords aswell

If you watch some of my spear vids you'll notice I do it all the time. I think the first time people noticed was in my Spear of Hades 100% combo vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCCA5nFdt3s&list=PLSaeyLXCEoLlz0hnldeaNPY0S8Qp8TQdD

no bro u don't get what I mean I'll give u an example if u time it right after the second sequence of square attacks after the cancellation u can follow up with a SPECIAL ,if u dnt use the l1 cancellation u knock them into the invicibility state and ur follow up SPECIAL misses u followed up with an R1 grapple after ur combo :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 29 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
400 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 23, 2013

@ Poseidon4ever: yes, i know that. But for a strange reason, the special attack start even if I'm not pressing simultaneously with L1 square.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 29 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
798 posts

Jun 23, 2013
Yeah I tried the block combo thing and 9/10 it used my special. I guess I'm just to slow to use it properly.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 29 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1907 posts

Jun 23, 2013

TheMUSEdOne wrote:
Yeah I tried the block combo thing and 9/10 it used my special. I guess I'm just to slow to use it properly.

keep practicing ull get it eventually u just need to be very quick

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 29 (78 Views)
0 Likes