Mar 30, 2013

Lots of testosterone flying in here lol

Message 101 of 111 (1,340 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Re: Community Multiplayer Feedback Survey #1

Mar 30, 2013
well they cant remove the magic and to be honest i think zeus is overpowered ok he is the father of olympus but anyway COME ON
Message 102 of 111 (1,327 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Mar 31, 2013

honestly I dont want magic removed its a huge part of the Mp I myself use it at times and when I switch among characters. Even if it's just tweaks to duration of how long it lasts or certain rank3 magic powers slightly toned down or elemental shields can be broken and penetrated aftera few heavy attacks. It's just tweaks I am after, that would greatly improve balance. Things like using staffs to juggle people or send players into the air in slo mo and guide them over to the map boundry to push them off the map or into a pit they are exploits which I am not sure that can be tweaked. I know Poseidon has alot of these cheapy staff tricks but so be it. I am simply saying like before I would just like to see tweaks to magic to create an overall more balanced mp environment.

Message 103 of 111 (1,308 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Mar 31, 2013
^If you think Spears/Lances have exploits, maybe you need to play a little more... In comparison to swords and ESPECIALLY war hammers, Spears aren't in the same league in the "exploit" rankings.
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 104 of 111 (1,119 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Mar 31, 2013

There are exploits in each and every weapon, almost no doubt. Hammers are ridiculous as well but certain play styles can still counter . Still no weapon class is more consistent with exploits though then staffs.

Message 105 of 111 (894 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Mar 31, 2013
War hammers.
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 106 of 111 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Implement New Magics .

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 107 of 111 (358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

I've been playing a lot this week.   I've leveled all God factions to 30 except I'm at 10 on Zeus, should be 30 in all 4 tomorrow.  That being said I've had plenty of opportunity to see what the game has to offer and experience the good and bad.

Good: This game is fresh.  As my roommate and myself say about this game it's nice to have a multiplayer that isn't an FPS.  Even when I'm getting my **bleep** handed to me in a 4 on 1 gank I'm able to come back from the frustration and have fun.  I think you're offering a lot of variety with the weapons, armors, and abilities.

Bad:  There's a lot of hit detection problems where even if someone doesn't have a ability/item shield up they are still ignoring all the attacks that are hitting them.  I hope you can refine the hit detection.  There's also hit detection problems with the grapple points where they wont register you're grappling them.

There are invisible walls that randomly appear while jumping or trying to roll off a ledge and other times when you don't want to fall off the ledge (like when you go red  mist form in Hades faction) and you  just fall off unintentionally.  It should be consitant.  The Labyrinth of Daedalus Map is one good example of this.  At the start when people jump down I've seen a lot of people jump to their death and I just thought they were dumb for doing that and couldn't see why untill it happened to me a few times.  There's nothing in front of you and when you jump you hit an invisible wall that you've never experienced before when jumping down.  It's at the start of the match so it's not a big deal to me, but it happens all throughout the levels at random times.  Another thing I've seen happen is say I do fall or kill myself for whatever reason (not from a trap) I've seen enemy players get kill credit for it when they were nowhere near me and never even did any damage to me.  I think you should fix that.

This is the most recent thing I encountered was the  item shield for Zues and the description for it says "Blocks all attacks and reflects light attacks".  I activated it while spinning the catapult to stop 3 enemies from having their way with me and the shield was up visually, but did not block or reflect anything for any amount of time.  I was instantly killed in less than a second.  So obviously some abilities are not working as described.  

I've experienced a lot of people who literally have no health and should be down for the count ready to receive a brutal kill turn around and not die.  So why would you see the red arc signalling for the brutal kill at some times and not see it other times?  

This one seems to be well-known,  I've collected every single weapon you can get from chests except the Spear of Destiny and the Barbarian's hammer.  Are those 2 weapons broken or not actually in the game yet?  

Basically the game is very inconsistant and feels like it's still in beta needing some tweaks to bring it up to a more retail ready version.

What I'd like to see added:

1. Bots.  This game needs bots bad.  Every time someone simply quits or loses connection to a match a bot should replace them.  If matchmaking can't find anyone to start a match it should fill with bots.  If someone wants to practice a level, their internet connection wont let them join, or they just don't like playing with people they can play with bots.  Gears of War does bots very well and is a great example of having them in multiplayer.

2. Vote map or filter matchmaking by map options.

3. A prestige like mode for when you hit the level cap.  Resets your lvl, but gives you bonus content such as more armor, weapons, marks.

4. More co-op modes.  My roommate may get this game when he can find it $20 or less, but if there is more co-op content he says he'd get it right away to play with me since he's not a fan of competetive multiplayer.  So right there is an audience you can bring in that would otherwise not be too interested.

I know I filled the bad section with a lot of stuff to say, but I'm glad you guys added multiplayer and it's a great start for the future of the franchise.

Message 108 of 111 (96 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
6 posts

Re: Community multiplayer Feedback Survey #1

Mar 31, 2013

I only have 1 thing I would like to take a look at. It's Zeus and relic of chance ( not sure it's called that) where you get mana by opening chest, kills and other stuff.

It's says low chance but yester day I encountered a guy who literately fired his magic attack 5 times in a row! Smiley Surprised

And it happened rather often since I played a couple of matches against him.

My point is, the chance should be reduced a bit, so that he will have to engage in normal combat as well instead of spamming multiple magic attacks.

Message 109 of 111 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Re: Community multiplayer Feedback Survey #1

Apr 1, 2013

Storm_Postkasse

It isn't just that relic that he could be using to gain mana there are other relics that can be used to gain magic also, unless you physically saw him smash open chests. Plus running to the mana spawning areas is also fairly common. Best way to counter Zeus is to use another heavily magic focused character and or use escape when they use their magic I dont mean spear or lance magic though.

Message 110 of 111 (63 Views)
0 Likes