Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Re: Concerned about the game's longevity

Mar 23, 2013
Well, this is dumb... At least in Assassin's Creed it is.

What matters in AC are QUALITY kills. I have often gotten 5 kills with 7K whereas others had 14 kills with 4K.

But the concept of quality kill doesn't exist in GoW, so maybe K/D will matter to most.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 21 of 29 (531 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Mar 23, 2013

I'm more surprised that the levels cap at 30, and that it's so easy to get there. Four days of casual gaming (couple of hours per day) should not allow you to get to max level/skills/items in any multiplayer game. If they follow the lead of others by increasing the level cap to at least 50 and providing the ability to specialize in something... (I can have max everything with my skill points at 30.) You should be able to only specialize in a few, which would also make it so that there is a difference between level 30 players of the same class outside of ability/armor selected prior to that particular game.

Message 22 of 29 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Mar 23, 2013
You're right.

However maxing all gods should take a few dozen hours.

I still vote for prestige system. Could be 1 to 30...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 23 of 29 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1354 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

saskamazon wrote:

too bad there are no MP trophies ... when I hit level 30 I had hoped for a trophy or something ... I know a lot of people didn't want MP trophies, but it does take some amount of dedication to max out ....as to longevity, new maps. maybe new modes .... increase the level cap & provide other weapons / skills / magic to continue the fine tuning of your warriors .... 

I too was a bit bummed when I got Hades to level 30 and there was no "Hell's Champion" trophy lol Smiley Very Happy, but I understand if ppl didn't want MP trophies.

In terms of longevity, I look forward to trying the other allegiances in the meantime before other DLC is finally released. I'm sure SSM has plans for new stuff coming out eventually (i.e. new maps, modes, hopefully god(s) & a 4th wep too). A higher level cap would be nice too since you can gain exp fairly easily (personally I feel like you level a bit too quickly)... plus like you mentioned saskamazon that could enable new skills/magic to be learned.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 24 of 29 (508 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2327 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Prestige doesn't belong in this game. It's not a completely multiplayer game like Starhawk and COD. Starhawk has single player but that's a joke.

There is imbalance in the game with higher level players against low level players, so all prestige would do is set that podium even higher so lesser players can't compete. If more levels were added then you would need more skills, relics and magic to go with it. This makes it even harder for new players to compete.

The real longetivity of this game has more to do with new modes, more co-op features and a lot more maps. Character leveling has little to do with longevity because this isn't World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy XI/XIV.

Message 25 of 29 (502 Views)
Splicer
75 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Honestly I think they should just make another version of trial of the gods but with NO TIMER. I just want waves and waves of enemies coming toward me until I die. And I hope they make it so you can get some of the armor without playing pvp. I really don't like pvp and a lot of armor is unlocked only doing pvp. Kinda dissapointing.

Message 26 of 29 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Mar 24, 2013

As Long As We Give This MP Love : )

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 27 of 29 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Mar 24, 2013

It's not always about leveling up or stats. If you unlocked everything and lv everything to max you can just play for fun/win.

What would make the game live longer is:

- competitive games

- mods (unranked servers) where for example you could use a "free cam", turn off the hud and make some cool CINEMATIC videos

- events:

• tournaments with rewards not only for multiplayer like lets say unique look/title/taunt just for you
  • etc but also with real life rewards like a pendant or your avatar in the game (statue, painting, monster to kill or whatever)
  • playing with devs
  • assignments to unlock something like: do 5 air kills, 10 brutal kills with taunt, 2 double kills to unlock NEW taunt
  • doing something fun with 1 DEV in 8 players FFA where for example he will change everyone to females, change your weapons to toys, light sabers, make your head a big piniata and the rest have to smash that piniata

- DLCs with new maps, weapons etc

photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Message 28 of 29 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
66 posts

Mar 24, 2013

XKizaruX wrote:

Any form of stats is going to lead to negative outcomes. Most care about K/D and will do whatever it takes to keep it high. The means of doing such can range from rage quiting to using only the eassiet and cheapest class set ups. I already see enough players using Ares with, essentially, the blade of chaos; Zeus with the hit & run (hit being non-stop magic): and Hades with enough cooldown reduction to use the sword to dive undergorund, perform a basic combo, and then dive back underground again. NO STATS, NO LEADERBOARDS. If you have any shred of intelligence, you have a basic grasp of how well you play the game.

hey dude, cool that i m not the only one who thinks like that.

especially if a game s MP is pretty new and not so big yet all these things do more harm than good. another thing which can ruin a new, small, fragile MP  is clan support. inviting and playing with friends is ok, but a true and strong clan support would lead to imba matches where one team pwns always the other team and then these people lose all interest when they get pwned over and over.

however, i liked that Assassins Creed example with that Prestige thing which allows you to unlock more optical customization stuff. nothing that makes your character stronger but looking more cool and unique. maybe more colors, more finishing moves, more taunts.... stuff like that.

also,  i think it would be cool to show the winning team (or player in FFA) at the end of the match like it does on the Desert of lost souls map if you kill Polyphem. :3

Message 29 of 29 (155 Views)
0 Likes