Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: Consequences for changing Gods

Dec 22, 2012
yeah, but that pertains more to the class system than choosing a god. We have no involvement with our gods other than choosing a statue.

I mean I agree, there should be something but then again I don't think it should be too severe and the current set up will eliminate boredom. Instead of just playing one character all day every day even if you have it capped, you can work on other gods and test it out to see if you like them better or even just to relieve boredom....give you that "fresh" feeling.
Message 11 of 46 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2012

I kind of had a thought of like what if their were 3 gods on each side or four. For intances it would be like a Good Vs Evil or just diffrent difrences for some reason. Only thing is you can only switch within your gods alleigence. So it would be like Zeus, Posiden, *Some other good God* Vs Ares, Hades, *Some other evil type God*. You would still get your speacial seperate abilities from the gods but you can only switch within the *Good* gods or the *evil* gods. I think this would make the game better personally by keeping some restrictions but still have good opitions if your not happy with your god. This would also make great alleigence warefares for the later game. I can imgine speacil events, Good Vs Evil. Everyone would be spererated for this speacial event and see who gets the most win between the alliances. Just my thoughts... Also during normal games it will still be random teams regardless of your alliegence or god.

Message 12 of 46 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

Dec 22, 2012
I honestly think that the only reason we are able to switch gods so willy-nilly (lol) is because this is a beta. They want us to be able to try out both sides to see what works and what is over-powered, etc. Plus in one of the interviews, Todd Papy said they were still working on what the penalty should be for switching gods all the time. They want you to be loyal. Smiley Happy
Erebus..jpg
Message 13 of 46 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Dec 22, 2012

I think they're doing this because all of you want to see how you play with other Gods, maybe the one you choose doesn't fit you and you want to change.

Are you telling me you never wanted to try another alliance? Come on...

Message 14 of 46 (352 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 22, 2012

disturbeddude101 wrote:
I honestly think that the only reason we are able to switch gods so willy-nilly (lol) is because this is a beta. They want us to be able to try out both sides to see what works and what is over-powered, etc. Plus in one of the interviews, Todd Papy said they were still working on what the penalty should be for switching gods all the time. They want you to be loyal. Smiley Happy

Maybe they should havea  few free switches then start implementing penalties? 

Because, I like playing with w/e class feels best to me....and I can't do that if say I'm going from god to god then I can't play or something because we aren't allowed to test out each god in full.

What if I'm aligned to ares and poseidon/hades is so much better for my play style?  I'd be screwed especially if I got stuck with a class I don't even like. 

Plus, what if you cap your warrior?  I know it's a beta...but with us experienced players we'll be able to cap a whole character in like a couple days.  Unless they really overhaul the content.  (NO FREAKIN PRESTIGES, THIS ISN'T CALL OF DUTY) I don't want to play less than a week and then be forced to be stuck as a guy I might not even like the most. 

Message 15 of 46 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2012

Well, I never said you couldn't switch, just saying there should be a penalty.

The penalty doesn't even have to be devastating.

It could just be, "if you switch, you will only earn half xp for that day".

Erebus..jpg
Message 16 of 46 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Dec 22, 2012

I would like to have multiple play styles and experiences without some bullsh*t punishment system. I shouldn't have to play for the same God and limit myself. SwimSwam mentioned that switching alliances isn't fun without consequence, when I can tell you, for the majority of players, it is the exact opposite.

Message 17 of 46 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Dec 23, 2012
Please no penalty for switching Gods that would be silly. If you want one let it apply to you guys not me thank you.
Message 18 of 46 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2012

There is much more important things that the player could be penalized for.
Rage quitting for example.
It was implemented after last playing, but I'm pretty sure I recall hearing Team Fortress 2 would have dialogue when attempting to leave a game that's in progress & would lock players out of joining games for a set amount of time.

Penalizing players for switching gods is nonsense compared to other things out there. Would only promote a player staying locked into a god they may not very much enjoy, or downright suck at playing, to avoid being penalized.

So far from what I've been picking up on, for my playstyle it's a whole lot safer to play on the defense, avoid battles & focus on objectives when playing Zeus.
However for straight offensive brute fighting power, I roll with Ares.
Maybe I'll be in the mood for one or the other at any given time & may not know until I've gotten into playing.
Penalize me for it? We have more important things to worry about.

Message 19 of 46 (333 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
11 posts

Dec 23, 2012
The ENTIRE God of War series is about the consequences of your actions. The beginning of God of War is about Kratos having to live with making a deal with Ares.

When CB1993- says that "for most people, it's the exact opposite." I think that you need to look at the reality of where gaming is going. More and more games have been coming out that have consequences and they are growing in popularity.

It forces you to have an emotional investment in the choice that you make. You SHOULD feel like you're betraying someone/thing when you switch allegiances.

I hope that they only are allowing the switching because it's a beta.
Message 20 of 46 (327 Views)