First Son
17 posts

Re: Consequences for changing Gods

Dec 24, 2012

Saint-Timothy wrote:
If you don't get frustrated then you don't care enough. 

It sounds like someone is getting a little too invested in video games. Go outside, make some friends in real life. Realize that what you do in the game has no real value except as entertainment. Why would you punish yourself when you are attempting to have fun? 

This is a game, not work. 

Message 31 of 46 (138 Views)
Splicer
53 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

Players are already going to rage over everything else, without adding something like this to the mix.

Reflecting on my time spent in WOW pvp, I looked at the forums a couple months ago & it has not changed one bit in the aspect of "WHY ARE YOU BUFFING XXX, AND NERFING YYY? STOP NERFING US! I'M QUITTING RIGHT NOW & WILL NOT BE RETURNING!"

PVP gameplay will never be perfect, when you fix one thing, something else breaks. As it is, the whole Zeus being OP & Ares being underpowered is a debate on it's own, and we still haven't seen how alliances with other gods factor into the mix.

Message 32 of 46 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

Everyone take a step back and just see how this sounds? 

I apologize if this has already been mentioned as I didn't read the entire 4 pages of posts.. I only read the first page and then this came to mind.

I do think that there should be a small penalty for switching Gods, but only at a high level.

Depending on what the max level is in the full game, and given the fact that I definitely agree that people should be allowed to experiment with different gods without a penalty, here is a Suggestion

Say the max character level is 100 in the full version of the game...

Allow character to freely switch between the gods and access anything that they are capable of using UP TO level 20 or 25 or maybe even 30 depending. 

After countless battles and experimentation with each of the awsome gods, once the character hits 20 or 30, send them back to olympus and tell them *in order to advance aka. level up more, access higher level weapons and all of that* you must swear your life to *god of choice*  and stick with them for the rest of the time.  Also, warn the player that once he swears his life to *god of choice* if he chooses to switch, there wil be a small penalty.. but each time you switch.. the penalty will get worse up to a certain point and for a certain time.  The penalties could be different for each God but that might be getting a bit ahead of myself. 

Anyways... what I was saying is--

For example, if you hit level 30, pledge your life to Hades, and then level to say... 50?.. and then decide to switch Gods, make it a penalty of 5 character levels.  If you switch Gods again within the same week/month or whatever time limit you want to give it.. Make the penalty 7 levels, then 9, then 12.  Also, have it stick with 12 as the max penalty.  That way if you switch 4 times  for "4 gods" after you have pledged your life.. and don't level anymore but keep switching, then you are no longer punished more, only after you level several times can you be punished again. This idea gives you a chance to expirement before you pledge to the God of your choice while at the same time punishing people who switch very often.

All in all I think that if there is no penalty ever, the game will still be awsome awesome awesome, but I do think that if there was a penalty it would add depth to the multiplayer simply by preventing people from switching to the latest and greatest *build* that is dominating  just because that is what the "best players" are doing at the moment.  And also.. If you only switch once in a while-- you only lose 5 levels.. or maybe if you are level 100.. go to level 99 if it takes FOREVER to level or something.

Actually!!!

BETTER YET, make the penalty a certain amount of EXP instead of flat out *levels* that way Higher level players aren't penalized more than lower level characters.. EX.  a level 100 loses the same amount of exp as a level 50.. so when punished, the level 100 player goes down to level 99 and 1/2 and the level 50 player goes down to 46 or 45.  So on and so forth! 

Please read and let me know what you all think of this idea! 

Sorry if my post is jumbled and hard to read, I am visiting with people for christmas ad multitasking at the moment!

Thanks.. see you all in the Desert of Lost Souls!

I am going to make a new thread with this exact post so more people can see it as well.

Message 33 of 46 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Consequences for switching gods Idea

Dec 24, 2012

Everyone take a step back and just see how this sounds? 

I apologize if this has already been mentioned as I didn't read the entire 4 pages of posts.. I only read the first page and then this came to mind.

I do think that there should be a small penalty for switching Gods, but only at a high level.

Depending on what the max level is in the full game, and given the fact that I definitely agree that people should be allowed to experiment with different gods without a penalty, here is a Suggestion

Say the max character level is 100 in the full version of the game...

Allow character to freely switch between the gods and access anything that they are capable of using UP TO level 20 or 25 or maybe even 30 depending. 

After countless battles and experimentation with each of the awsome gods, once the character hits 20 or 30, send them back to olympus and tell them *in order to advance aka. level up more, access higher level weapons and all of that* you must swear your life to *god of choice*  and stick with them for the rest of the time.  Also, warn the player that once he swears his life to *god of choice* if he chooses to switch, there wil be a small penalty.. but each time you switch.. the penalty will get worse up to a certain point and for a certain time.  The penalties could be different for each God but that might be getting a bit ahead of myself. 

Anyways... what I was saying is--

For example, if you hit level 30, pledge your life to Hades, and then level to say... 50?.. and then decide to switch Gods, make it a penalty of 5 character levels.  If you switch Gods again within the same week/month or whatever time limit you want to give it.. Make the penalty 7 levels, then 9, then 12.  Also, have it stick with 12 as the max penalty.  That way if you switch 4 times  for "4 gods" after you have pledged your life.. and don't level anymore but keep switching, then you are no longer punished more, only after you level several times can you be punished again. This idea gives you a chance to expirement before you pledge to the God of your choice while at the same time punishing people who switch very often.

All in all I think that if there is no penalty ever, the game will still be awsome awesome awesome, but I do think that if there was a penalty it would add depth to the multiplayer simply by preventing people from switching to the latest and greatest *build* that is dominating  just because that is what the "best players" are doing at the moment.  And also.. If you only switch once in a while-- you only lose 5 levels.. or maybe if you are level 100.. go to level 99 if it takes FOREVER to level or something.

Actually!!!

BETTER YET, make the penalty a certain amount of EXP instead of flat out *levels* that way Higher level players aren't penalized more than lower level characters.. EX.  a level 100 loses the same amount of exp as a level 50.. so when punished, the level 100 player goes down to level 99 and 1/2 and the level 50 player goes down to 46 or 45.  So on and so forth! 

Please read and let me know what you all think of this idea! 

Sorry if my post is jumbled and hard to read, I am visiting with people for christmas ad multitasking at the moment!

Thanks.. see you all in the Desert of Lost Souls!

Message 34 of 46 (116 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Dec 24, 2012

I read a bunch of this not all of it. I'll keep my opinion brief and simple.

I kind of like it as is. I don't feel any need to change it.

Message 35 of 46 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Dec 24, 2012

I think there's no need. I like playing as Zeus in team and Ares in FFA. don't want to be penalized for just using different characters.

Message 36 of 46 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Dec 24, 2012

I like it as is at the moment. Maybe something cool could change my mind.

If there was to be a loyalty bonus, I'd say cosmetic bonuses would be an appropriate choice. Maybe some exclusive skins or tints for each God.

Message 37 of 46 (112 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Dec 24, 2012
Poofbrother - Go troll somewhere else.

Every form of entertainment should have an emotional investment from the person who is watching/reading/playing. A great movie will make you care about the characters and the same goes for games.

Crackle2012 - I think I remember someone writing an EXP penalty as a solution. If someone switches gods then they earn 1/2 EXP for 24 hours or something like that. I like your idea too though.
Message 38 of 46 (104 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Dec 24, 2012
ElementDuck - That's a really good idea! Receive a bonus for each level or for the amount of time you've been with them maybe?
Message 39 of 46 (103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Timothy- It's not trolling, just giving my opinion. 

I agree that a good game will make you care about your character and I want to be proud of what my MP turns into, but you shouldn't be punished for wanting to experience other parts of the game. Do you also think you should get penalized if you change characters in the Uncharted multiplayer? Maybe I'd understand if it was a persistent game world, but it should never ever feel like a chore to play. 

Message 40 of 46 (95 Views)
0 Likes