First Son
11 posts

Re: Consequences for changing Gods

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

Proofbrother - If it's your opinion on the game then by all means I'd like to bring you into the discussion. If it's an opinion on what you think of my idea then write about the idea. Don't make comments on what you think I do with my spare time. You can see how a comment like "go outside and make some friends" can be considered trollish. Be an adult and talk about aspects of the beta and ideas for the game.

The penalty doesn't have to be severe but why have an intro at all if it's just going to be a fighter game in the 1st place?

The way it was set up where I had to walk to the statues and make a decision had me thinking there was going to be consequences if I wanted to switch.

A penalty makes sense to me when your character chooses a god to worship then switches. I don't know what a fair penalty would be but I think it should be part of the discussion on where to bring this game.

Message 41 of 46 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Saint-Timothy wrote:
But what is the point of choosing a god if there aren't any consequences when you switch? Then it's just a fighting game.

It pretty much is a fighting game, just with some RPG and standard MP elements. The different patron options act as standard MP Loadouts. Like MP Loadouts each one has to be leveled and improved seperately.

I understand where you are coming from - in the beginning when I had to pick a patron it was done in such a cinematic way I thought it was a permanent choice. Struck me as an odd one though. Once I saw it was mainly for nothing more then fanciness at the start it made much more sense.

The system as it stands is one that works and works well. I think it should stay.

Message 42 of 46 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

The intro was there as a tutorial, and the statues help teach you the different strategies and attacks for each allegiance. It's not to be taken so literial.

Message 43 of 46 (168 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
17 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2012

Timothy I am sorry if I offended you with my comment. I meant it to mean to take a break from games if they are frustrating or angering you, because that is not their purpose at all. I used to get quite angry with games, but nowadays I play them for enjoyment and take breaks if I get frustrated and I find myself a lot happier with my play time. 

Maybe a way to please both crowds is to have a Hardcore character option, where you pledge to one god and are not allowed to change. This could be rewarded with exclusive items or costumes at the max level. 

But I still think it should be up to each player whether they want to play that way or not. 

Message 44 of 46 (150 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Apr 20, 2013

that is bs changing gods gives you something to look foward to maxing the out. you guys justs suck against other gods champion your abunch of noobs stop complaining about it you hippies

Message 45 of 46 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Apr 20, 2013

That would be like Call of Duty not allowing you to change classes...it'd be garbage if they punished you for trying to enjoy the game more.

Message 46 of 46 (72 Views)
0 Likes