Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
533 posts

Re: DEFENDER - favour gain from defending objectives against enemies

[ Edited ]
Apr 29, 2013

Poseidon4ever wrote:

^worse is when I grapple save and the guy leaves me to die 3v1....

Yeah, i hate that too, but is less frequent in my case.

The realy worse thing is that we cant help peoples playstyle. Selfishness, egocentric players have no help and we have to deal with them like it or not.

I am the one with honor playstyle and im not going to change! Honor is whats all about. I dont care if i die vs 3 or 4 players at once if the player i saved KNOWS that i saved his **bleep**. The sad thing is that almost no one sees that.

80% of players (if not more) play honorless and selfish to the extent that i have to CHASE them to heal them! I know some players dont know that im trying to heal them, but, cmon! dont you see your green bar filling when im with the green aura and the green orbs?

Message 11 of 20 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11752 posts

Apr 29, 2013

^Lol some people run away when I try to use the ring of salvation.....they see that a heal circle is dropped and they want nothing to do with it for some reason XD

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 20 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Apr 29, 2013

I'm not always paying attention to Poseidons cooldowns when playing, but a couple times I notice it when its too late, sometimes I make an effort to get my toe in the ring but it vanishes pretty quick. Hard to judge when you are goin to lay it down without a mic :smileytongue: haha

photo 6e5ea368-f52c-4a8a-92c3-d6fa88712326_zpsb5ad9824.jpg
Message 13 of 20 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 29, 2013
This is a good idea. There should be a small buff like 10% elem. and phys. defense to the defender, and maybe a negative buff for the attacking player, so they really have to think "Do i want to go there and possibly die?".

This COULD lead to "campers" as said, but i think the chest system is so retarded in this game, reduce the favor they give radically but keep then just so the Relics that use them do not become redundant.

Too often i see enemy player capturing an altar near the MY "spawn point" and then just run off to wherever and i could just capture it 5 seconds later if i wanted to. It is like "Wait, did you NOT want the favor from that altar after all?" Okay then...
Message 14 of 20 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Apr 29, 2013
Buffing pp and/or ep is not the way, it is very exploitable. Lets say there is an Ares player sitting in the capture point and you try to engage him. he have relic of determination already up and maybe 20% or 40% added PLUS the buff for being the defender, AND you being debuffed just to go there... hm i see only death for the attacking player, and thats not fair.
Message 15 of 20 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 29, 2013
^Good point. Like i wrote in my previous post, most people just run around capping/decapping points and the circus goes around and around, i think that is even worse. And you forget, that most altars have a trap mechanism, so the buff/debuff isn't so bad, the defending player needs to leave the altar to kill the guy at the trap lever or something.
Message 16 of 20 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 29, 2013

Yes, the traps... They are easy to avoid (except for ballistas friendly fire)

Kinda hard to come with a solution whithout being it unbalanced, but i have faith that someones will figured it out somehow.

The fact is that they need to give something to defensive playstyle and support playstyle. 

Message 17 of 20 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 29, 2013
Well, the traps drive the other player away so you can go in and start killing the "defender". If the buff would only activate after being 10-20 seconds within the altar area, that would be pretty balanced in my mind and yeah, maybe ditch the debuff idea i just talked about.
Message 18 of 20 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Apr 30, 2013
I don't think the DEFENDER should receive any form of buff for defending an alter, I think that they should simply be rewarded for defending an alter against foes who attempt to claim it.

The favour bonus should be enough to encourage certain players to defend a location while allowing time for others to attain other alters.

This would also stop (like someone suggested) the games where players run in circles capturing alters repetitively. It would get people to wait and protect an alter instead of capping then skipping off to the next one, without a care for the security of the alter they just took.
--------------------------------------------------
"Can you stand on your head?"

photo SparklyKitten3.jpg
Message 19 of 20 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

:robotwink:Yeah, like CoD. Hardy har.

photo 6e5ea368-f52c-4a8a-92c3-d6fa88712326_zpsb5ad9824.jpg