Apr 22 2013
By: Alghazanth Sackboy 396 posts

DEVS: Low health, stun state and low damage problem!

6 replies 843 views Edited Apr 22, 2013

Why does players who have less than 15 health, get hit with magic, world weapon throw and whatever you can think of that SHOULD KILL THE PLAYER, put them to stun state?

This think is really beginning to boil my insides, i cannot fathom how this is good game design. I am getting tired of ALWAYS having to do the brutal kill, because if i do not, and i am fighting say 2 players, i do not have time to do several square attacks to kill the player or i will die myself or the other player will "rescue" the stunned player.

It has happened several times when a player is stunned and i do a L1+Square move (like Ares Blade L1+S) and it takes the WHOLE MOVE to actually kill the player! Why is the damage suddenly lowered so abysmally that my attacks take a fraction of a millimetre per attack (and the Spin attack does like over 5 hits)?

I also have noticed that players who are on the verge of dying and get hit, ACTUALLY get little more health so they can enter stun state... this is really annoying and frustrating. No wonder my weapon kill achievements do not get higher cause i have to always rely on brutal kills.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (843 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Re: DEVS: Low health, stun state and low damage problem!

Apr 22, 2013

Use kick no cooldown on it and it kills a stunned player in one hit.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Alghazanth wrote:

Why does players who have less than 15 health, get hit with magic, world weapon throw and whatever you can think of that SHOULD KILL THE PLAYER, put them to stun state?

This think is really beginning to boil my insides, i cannot fathom how this is good game design. I am getting tired of ALWAYS having to do the brutal kill, because if i do not, and i am fighting say 2 players, i do not have time to do several square attacks to kill the player or i will die myself or the other player will "rescue" the stunned player.

It has happened several times when a player is stunned and i do a L1+Square move (like Ares Blade L1+S) and it takes the WHOLE MOVE to actually kill the player! Why is the damage suddenly lowered so abysmally that my attacks take a fraction of a millimetre per attack (and the Spin attack does like over 5 hits)?

I also have noticed that players who are on the verge of dying and get hit, ACTUALLY get little more health so they can enter stun state... this is really annoying and frustrating. No wonder my weapon kill achievements do not get higher cause i have to always rely on brutal kills.

If this were the case then people would complain that they die too easily. Hard to please everyone.

photo TonyDanzaClan.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 22, 2013
How does being in a stun state make you harder to kill with anything but grapple? If you get them into stun state then they have basically lost if it is a 1 vs 1 situation. The stun state is a pretty clear indication that a player has no control over their character, and anything and anyone should be able to deliver a killing blow WITHOUT grapples.

And the kick... it does not work every time, maybe they were Poseidon with armor/health gear, not sure. Also, what sense does it make that a KICK kills more surely than a Sword or Hammer? None, any attack should kill them, period, they are on the verge of death.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Apr 22, 2013

The stun is there for rescues. A chance to survive  either by a teammate or by interruption.

photo TonyDanzaClan.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 22, 2013
I know what the stun state is for... Which brings up another issue... hugging a stunned teammate brings him to full life and you get life too... seriously? This is Gears Of War all over again.
I guess this is really a game for Carebears. I wonder what happens when they hug...

If you happen to beat a guy 1 vs 1 and some dude comes and HUGS him back to full life, simply because the stun state happened when the player should have already died (and you missed a grapple), does that make you happy? And then you die afterwards because you get teamed on.

Now where is your chance in that? Oh yeah you do not get a chance, you get to die. This was just an example of how this is not a good thing. Its not like dying in this game is a huge deal anyway.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 24, 2013
Bump. Need answers from Developers.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (59 Views)
0 Likes