Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
9672 posts

Re: DLC Content.

Jan 23, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

I don't get it.

He made this thread in repsonse to my "legendary armor" idea because he thinks I was being uber selfish.

Lots of people seem to misunderstand the idea, it isn't about making yourself a god among men and making it so that if you have the armor, you're pretty much never going to be beaten by someone who doesn't have the gear.

I just want something for end game...something to look forward to like an overall goal.  Most games have something easy to unlock at end game or close to end game with nothing AT endgame... the idea is to give something for everyone to look forward to and work their butts off for something better or even cooler looking.

The guy replied to my thread and since I didn't agree with him he's been out on a witch hunt for me.  Funny thing is I wasn't even rude he just heard me not agree with him and snapped and suddenly I was selfish and only looking to please myself and didn't give a crap about anyone else.  Apparently.  

Message 11 of 32 (151 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I understand the urge to be unique, I am like that too. But you are going about it in the completely wrong way, remember: "less is more"
If you purchase DLC to increase your stats significantly, everyone will do it(Monkey See, Monkey Do), then you will actually be a part of the majority. 

If you want to be unique, you should never equipt any armor, but instead fight all your battles with almost 0 Def/Res and only a weapon.
Killing someone without any armor is much more easily recognizeable as compared to using the same magic/weapon/armor as every other player because it "is the best build."

photo SD-okia_zps062ba295.jpg
Message 12 of 32 (149 Views)
Sackboy
458 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Dragon, nice call.  I'm going out there with my big hammer and a pair of boxers (Ghost N Goblin style) and that's it.  People will fear me and my nicely chisled abs.

Message 13 of 32 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Jan 23, 2013

This guy never stops pumping out horrible ideas. :smileyvery-happy:

Erebus..jpg
Message 14 of 32 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I was talking with my other friend that's on the forum and we came to the conclusion that DLC would be sick but nothing too over powering, but also they could do it where as you level up you unlock more things for your character (customization) so that its not unfair for the lower level players

elite-predator26-okia photo EP-okia_zpsc5dc3e5a.jpg
Message 15 of 32 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Yea im not to into the whole pay to win thing, it seems unfair to the people who cant afford, or are just not into it, and plus i think that you shouldnt need to spend more money just to do better.

elite-predator26-okia photo EP-okia_zpsc5dc3e5a.jpg
Message 16 of 32 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9672 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Anyway, at the actual OP like I said before this would be a HORRIBLE idea.

Purchasing this supreme armor as DLC? Purchasing...so it can be available at day 1? Rather than leveling up to max level and then fight other people with max level armor?

Sometimes you gotta think before you post man.

Purchasing armor/weapons is a terrible idea and takes away from the game. Trust me, I played fiesta online for YEARS and the game was a much better place before they made the cash shop necessary to play the game.

Same thing goes with Uncharted. Why level up when you can buy the best gear in the game and be good from day 1?

God awful idea.
Message 17 of 32 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

Jan 23, 2013

@PrideTEvans I Completely Agree With Goldhawk1's Logic Here .

Ever Since Naughty Dog Included Micro-Transactions I Have Been Non-Stop Seeing New Non-Legacy MP Players With Two To Three Mod Weapons And Pistols .

Granted These High-Tier Weapons Took A Very, Very Long Time To Unlock By Collecting Rare Treasure Sets In The Competitive Mode, Now It Just May Be Bought For .99¢ Anytime No Matter Your Rank To Use Right Away When It Took Other Players A Certain Rank To Use .

As You See, Many Would Be Opposed To The Idea Of 'Buying' Your Way In To A Slight Advantage, When It Took Others A Lenghty Amount Of Time To Unlock Via Regular Gameplay .

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 18 of 32 (129 Views)
Fender Bender
4057 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

stripesmarine wrote:

@PrideTEvans I Completely Agree With Goldhawk1's Logic Here .

Ever Since Naughty Dog Included Micro-Transactions I Have Been Non-Stop Seeing New Non-Legacy MP Players With Two To Three Mod Weapons And Pistols .

Granted These High-Tier Weapons Took A Very, Very Long Time To Unlock By Collecting Rare Treasure Sets In The Competitive Mode, Now It Just May Be Bought For .99¢ Anytime No Matter Your Rank To Use Right Away When It Took Other Players A Certain Rank To Use .

As You See, Many Would Be Opposed To The Idea Of 'Buying' Your Way In To A Slight Advantage, When It Took Others A Lenghty Amount Of Time To Unlock Via Regular Gameplay .

I liked the other DLC threads that were active a week or two ago. Offering some accessories/skins, not anything game changing and cheap. That's the only thing I didn't like about UC3 DLC line-up, the fact that you can buy amazing weapons for $0.99 right off the bat. That sh** was dumb, to say the least.

-Tattoos

-256 Colour Palette (if they don't include this - NOTE: No intense saturated hue's/values)

-Skin Tone

-Gender (hopefully)  etc etc

The list goes on, I've seen some epic threads about customization.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 19 of 32 (120 Views)
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

If you doubt your skills, that's your issue. You can enjoy yourself however you want, I want to fight like that for as long as I can. I am normally a mage, not a battlemage, armor is of no use to a me(in that sense anyways).
Though personally, I am more a fan of swords as compared to hammers, so I would run around with a sword instead.

Ghost N Goblin? Is that what it is called when you fight like that?

photo SD-okia_zps062ba295.jpg
Message 20 of 32 (118 Views)
0 Likes