Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 23 2013
By: DaJizzle Wastelander 739 posts

Does God of War Ascension Love Your Playstation?

[ Edited ]
58 replies 396 views Edited Apr 23, 2013

Probaby not. I've experienced some very critical system freezes during this triple XP period. I wanted to wait to post about it to make certain I wasn't trippin' (all post patch 1.04 of course). Now, it is known that GOWA has caused the freezing of PS3s. Just do a search and probably find several threads... 

like this one: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/game-freezes-and-have-to-res...

Anywho, Friday night (the first of triple XP) I suffered a connection era so bad that it completely knocked out my Internet. I called to see if there was an outage in my area and nope... there wasn't. I couldn't sign into PSN and take advantage of the bonus XP weekend. My other wireless devices (like my phone and tablet) were also knocked off the Internet completely. So, I restarted my modem, etc. and my devices were able to reconnect just fine. But PSN wasn't having any of it. Unable to sign-in and no Friday night XP.

Saturday and Sunday were fine. No complaints, but I didn't play much on those days... maybe a total of 3 hours each day in spurts.

Yesterday was the killer. I signed into PSN to get in a couple matches while breaking from some more important stuff. I constantly kept getting the disconnect symbol in every match I played in. So, I knew they would be lag induced. I played one, won it, and tried to play others but the lag was too bad. So, I began to quite the games I got into because of the connection (MoC 4 player by the way - wasn't hosting any of the matches either). Then Kratos took his rage out on my system. It froze while getting the disconnect symbol and crashed. I'm thinking to myself, "F**k this Sh*t. I'm not buying another PS3. I don't have $300 just laying around to give away."

There was a red light that just kept flashing. I did a hard power down and reboot. The PS3 would try to do its normal restore, but it'll freeze and back to the flashing red light. I'm **bleep** to the extent I couldn't even get mad... just further disappointment. I don't play my system for hours upon end like some players. So, it doesn't get "overly" used even if it could be. I tried several more times throughout the night and nothing. I even unplugged everything from every outlet to do a true reset... still nothing... so I gave up for the night.

I tried again this morning and was able to get my system to power on, do the system restore, sign-in to PSN, and power the system off correctly. But, I'm skeptical. My system hasn't had these types of problems before buying and playing this game. This weird occurencies only occur when playing this game and not during others. So, I wonder does GOWA love your PS3? I'm guessing not.

Anyone else's luck as bad or worst?

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 59 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Re: Does God of War Ascension Love Your Playstation?

Apr 23, 2013

That sucks man.  Sounds like you might wanna lay off for awhile as this can lead to permanent system failure for sure.  At this point GOWA is like a drug, sure it might be fun for awhile and you get a kick from it, but in the long run, you're gonna lose everything you hold dear to you.

Note: I do not use nor condone the use of drugs or illegal substances.

If you or someone you know currently has a drug problem, please contact your local rehabilitation center.

MoreYouKnow

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 59 (379 Views)
Fender Bender
2796 posts

Apr 23, 2013

i must be lucky i play alot and i have had 2 freezes in my entire playtime

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 59 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1710 posts

Apr 23, 2013
Same here. Played through the campaign about 5 timer now and had two freezes.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 59 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 23, 2013
@VanillaBeast

Yeah, I'mma have to lay off of it for a moment. Probably for the best... *enters rehabilitation center* Bugs, glitches, etc. are one thing, but when it begins to effect the system then there's a real problem.

@thelesman and @TomatoDragon

Count your blessings. :smileywink: I don't wish system freezes upon anyone in this economy. I wish I had y'all luck this time around.

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 59 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2796 posts

Apr 23, 2013

i know how u feel dajizzle i don't wish it to nobody either it's already my third ps3 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 59 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Apr 23, 2013
Never experienced any freeze while playing ascension.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 59 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 23, 2013
@Lazerbox

Better knock on some wood sir! :smileywink: It's rather common to some extent, but I feel as if I have a severe case.

@thelesman

Thanks and wow! Hopefully, it'll be your last one. :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 59 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2796 posts

Apr 23, 2013

i already know it's my last one if this one breaks i'm going back to super nintendo ^^

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 59 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 23, 2013
Super Nintendo. *sigh* The good ol' days.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 59 (334 Views)
0 Likes