Uncharted Territory
1497 posts

Re: Does God of War Ascension Love Your Playstation?

Apr 25, 2013
I just got a random screen freeze just. If I get any more than I am not playing this game till they fix this rubbish.

Do not have the money for a new ps3.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 41 of 59 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
403 posts

Apr 25, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

Hello! Have you contacted Support at all? 

Also, you might already know this but triple xp has been extended. Smiley Happy

Gypsy, if it was extended then why does it seem to not be working? Today was supposed to be a Double XP day, but I haven't played yet today. The past two days weren't giving triple for whatever reason when you said it was extended.

It was definitely giving triple. I completed my 10000 kills labour and received 35000 odd xp for the match. 

photo Posiedon2.jpg
Message 42 of 59 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 25, 2013
@DaBeast

I know exactly what you mean. I really wish this wasn't the case. Hopefully, yours won't lock up again. What I think happens is when it freezes/locks up like that, the fan doesn't get a chance to come on and cool the system (like it's supposed to). Then heat radiates throughout the system quickly rendering it inoperable. Thus eventually resulting in a system failure... I would break from the game for a moment if it did such again.

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW
Message 43 of 59 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3054 posts

Apr 25, 2013

BIueSteel wrote:

SILVERX200 wrote:

Hello! Have you contacted Support at all? 

Also, you might already know this but triple xp has been extended. Smiley Happy

Gypsy, if it was extended then why does it seem to not be working? Today was supposed to be a Double XP day, but I haven't played yet today. The past two days weren't giving triple for whatever reason when you said it was extended.

It was definitely giving triple. I completed my 10000 kills labour and received 35000 odd xp for the match. 

Yeah everyone should have been getting triple. I was too.

But, the next Double XP event is on April 30. http://godofwar.playstation.com/en-us/blog/double-xp-wednesday-full-schedule/

Message 44 of 59 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Apr 26, 2013
Speaking of ps3 & freeze ups, who misses the old ps3 with automatic disk insert? Screw these new ps3's with there stupid disk tray. I feel like im using one of those old portable cd players... Dont seem right to me & ive had a few freezing issues since ive gotten the new ps3 & its not just this game Smiley Sad never happened with my old style slim just sayin...
Message 45 of 59 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 26, 2013
At least the disk tray allows you to get your game out incase of a severe system crash. I've read where many people's system crashed while playing one of their favorite games and they couldn't get it out (slot loading PS3s). With this game in particular, players' systems are crashing/freezing more frequently. And like you're saying, I believe fattys are very well built. I've never experienced a crash/freeze to this degree. That's why I'm being extra cautious as to how I go about fixing this problem.

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW
Message 46 of 59 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Maybe your PS3's just old?

Erebus..jpg
Message 47 of 59 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2013
I don't believe that's the case. The system worked perfectly fine before I bought and started playing this game. Never had a freeze or anything. Then there was GOWA. It's well documented that this game causes system freezes. @SirCrush just recently created a thread detailing how his system froze while playing this game. Another player just created a thread today saying how his system keeps freezing while playing. There are far too many threads about system freezing to believe its just my system is old. BUT, because I have an older system could result in my freezes being more severe.

Message 48 of 59 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Apr 27, 2013
@ disturbeddude naw I just bought the new gow red edition one after I gave my old (slot loading) one to my son... Lol shuda juss gave him the new one haha jk tho thats my son
Message 49 of 59 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Apr 27, 2013
@ jdizzle, I feel ya 2 out of 3 of my freezes were playing gowa. The first time it happened I lost my entire profile as well & I was all the way to the statue of appollo... Had to start all over again (:
Message 50 of 59 (50 Views)
0 Likes